Is This a Sign Of Things To Come?

Yeah, it looks like they moved the AM EMH for MK from the 15th to the 16th. Only that Friday though, every other Friday still has MK EMH (obviously no help to someone not traveling those weeks).

Our park times and such haven't changed for late May (yet), they actually extended the hours every night about a month ago.

Yeah, it looks like they moved the AM EMH for MK from the 15th to the 16th. Only that Friday though, every other Friday still has MK EMH (obviously no help to someone not traveling those weeks).

Our park times and such haven't changed for late May (yet), they actually extended the hours every night about a month ago.
Ours is mid May and I will be nervous they will switch hours before our trip. I will not be settled until we our on the plane. I would hope they would not change hours overnight.

I've long subscribed to the belief that unhappy people are much more motivated to post on message boards, so I try to take most of it with a grain of salt. We are a year and 3 months away from our next WDW trip, so I read threads like these and take mental note of what I want to watch develop. We are planning our DD's dream WDW trip to celebrate her high school graduation. She asked for this trip in lieu of many other things including a graduation open house (which, in our community, are much like wedding receptions with sit-down meals). I am a planner--it's the thing I love best about vacation! Lately, the volume of concerned posters has grown. And I have to admit that while I won't pass judgement on this right away, I am paying close attention to how all these changes play out.

I've always known a WDW vacation is not all-inclusive. That's one reason I love it, and I won't pay for what I don't want to do. We love park hopping, so we pay for it. We don't love Disney Junior character meals because we have no little ones, so we don't pay for that. I'm interested in seeing if these changes result in us not being able to have the vacation we want UNLESS we pay for these extras. I don't like to vacation somewhere where I have to exhaust myself to have fun. We accept the fact that we have to vacation at peak times, and we plan for that, but I'm watching to see if Disney's desire to maximize profits results in having to pay extra to get access to a 'shorter' long line, for example. We like making PPO ADRs to take it slower on our way in the park--maybe snap a photo or see a detail we might have missed. I may consider paying a little more for that, but not what they're advertising for these Magical Mornings.

I agree that customer service has suffered in recent years. There was a noticeable difference to us in our 2007, 2010, and 2015 trips. No huge issues, but small things that were done previously that we didn't witness later. Not even things that happened to or for us, as we noticed a reduction in CM interactions with small children, for example.

We don't go to WDW for "magic" as I don't spend that amount of money to allow chance to determine whether or not I enjoy myself. I can make my own magic by planning things that are fun. I will say that if Disney starts pricing every little thing and I have to plan around things I don't want to pay for, I may choose to make my own magic somewhere else. Time will tell.

I've long subscribed to the belief that unhappy people are much more motivated to post on message boards, so I try to take most of it with a grain of salt. We are a year and 3 months away from our next WDW trip, so I read threads like these and take mental note of what I want to watch develop. We are planning our DD's dream WDW trip to celebrate her high school graduation. She asked for this trip in lieu of many other things including a graduation open house (which, in our community, are much like wedding receptions with sit-down meals). I am a planner--it's the thing I love best about vacation! Lately, the volume of concerned posters has grown. And I have to admit that while I won't pass judgement on this right away, I am paying close attention to how all these changes play out.

I've always known a WDW vacation is not all-inclusive. That's one reason I love it, and I won't pay for what I don't want to do. We love park hopping, so we pay for it. We don't love Disney Junior character meals because we have no little ones, so we don't pay for that. I'm interested in seeing if these changes result in us not being able to have the vacation we want UNLESS we pay for these extras. I don't like to vacation somewhere where I have to exhaust myself to have fun. We accept the fact that we have to vacation at peak times, and we plan for that, but I'm watching to see if Disney's desire to maximize profits results in having to pay extra to get access to a 'shorter' long line, for example. We like making PPO ADRs to take it slower on our way in the park--maybe snap a photo or see a detail we might have missed. I may consider paying a little more for that, but not what they're advertising for these Magical Mornings.

I agree that customer service has suffered in recent years. There was a noticeable difference to us in our 2007, 2010, and 2015 trips. No huge issues, but small things that were done previously that we didn't witness later. Not even things that happened to or for us, as we noticed a reduction in CM interactions with small children, for example.

We don't go to WDW for "magic" as I don't spend that amount of money to allow chance to determine whether or not I enjoy myself. I can make my own magic by planning things that are fun. I will say that if Disney starts pricing every little thing and I have to plan around things I don't want to pay for, I may choose to make my own magic somewhere else. Time will tell.
Very well written and I see a lot of passion in what you have wrote. I agree that we have to be patient and see how these things pan out. I think what is most realisticly a concern is the amount of planning one does and to only be faced with these changes when it is too late to make adjustments. It infringes on the hours that people have worked very hard to plan so it is not that one can just choose not to buy the event. But...... I do think we need to see if this will affect us in our planning. Disney is a buiness and I blame them not. If people will pay for it then you can not blame Disney. Once again it ultimately comes down to our decision on what we choose to spend our money on. Everyone will have that carrot that Disney will hold in front of us that we feel worth purchasing so it ultimately becomes our decision. That is something no one can take away.

I do not know why but some how I find this amusing lol!! Guess that entry I found on the Disney Web site was a big opps on Disney's part and also explains why we are no longer seeing it
“Disney Early Morning Magic” event details leaked
Leah Zanolla | March 24, 2016

Fantasyland-Disney-World-031.jpg

Walt Disney World will be offering a new “Disney Early Morning Magic” event at the Magic Kingdom. Rumors of the new package popped up yesterday after a screenshot of a partial listing on My Disney Experience hit the internet, but nothing else was known. Today, details are starting to leak out.

And just how many people would even waste their time trying to ride Winnie the Pooh during this? You know everyone is going to flock primarily to 7DMT and some spill over to Peter Pan. So in that 30-1hr 15min gap depending on how you planned to work this, you're probably going to be spending that time in line for 7DMT since everyone will be trying to ride it.

last week I booked my hotel for late August but I'm having second thoughts. I just started doing research on here and everyone is so stressed out and unhappy with Disney World, it seems to be kind of risky to go now. I don't like all these hidden charges that I don't even understand. It wasn't like this when I visited as a kid. And everyone is frustrated with these events before and after the park closes. How do I even figure out what is a good value? My girlfriend has never been to Disney so maybe its a bad idea to give her a negative experience like this.

The way I see it, $25 for a meal is to expensive. If they want more people to come early in the morning they should reduce the ticket prices for admission before 9am, and then more families will visit earlier in the day when it's not that busy.
Here at home, they do early bird specials all the time at the restaurant my sister used to work at. They will still make plenty of profit from the people who come later.

last week I booked my hotel for late August but I'm having second thoughts. I just started doing research on here and everyone is so stressed out and unhappy with Disney World, it seems to be kind of risky to go now. I don't like all these hidden charges that I don't even understand. It wasn't like this when I visited as a kid. And everyone is frustrated with these events before and after the park closes. How do I even figure out what is a good value? My girlfriend has never been to Disney so maybe its a bad idea to give her a negative experience like this.

The way I see it, $25 for a meal is to expensive. If they want more people to come early in the morning they should reduce the ticket prices for admission before 9am, and then more families will visit earlier in the day when it's not that busy.
Here at home, they do early bird specials all the time at the restaurant my sister used to work at. They will still make plenty of profit from the people who come later.
Please do not let this hinder you. The boards are a place where people vent. Disney World is still an amazing place. I think it would be wise to follow the boards so you are up to date on changes but try to take what is said here with a grain of salt. Are your planning on staying on Disney Grounds or off site? There are still ways of being frugal for your vacation and you can still have an amazing time. I am sure if you need any help with your planning there will be plenty of people on these boards that can help you out. By August I would imagine most of the things that people are currently waiting on for information should be known and worked out by your trip. Being willing to be flexible in your plans will help a lot. Disney World is still an amazing place and there really seems to be no other place like it on earth.

Now I think I have to put my thoughts in on all the new things coming. We are a family of four, international visitors, going to Disney usually once a year. We do see changes here and there, we have to cope with the price increases on tickets and so on - but still we have had great vacation so far! Yes, they might charge for Premium Parking in the future, but so what ? I do not have to pay for it, if I don't want to! Given the fact, that we usually arrive late at the parking lots, we would this way have a chance to have a better spot - so I might opt to pay for it. The extra morning and evening events would not be something I would want to spend my money on but again, it is all about supply and demand. If one or the other considers this money well spent, just go for it! It does not affect my day in the park if someone else stays, after I have left at 10pm. Contrary, maybe those, who go for the evening events, won't be around daytime, when we are hitting the parks, so this could even be a win-win situation. Anyway, we will wait and see what changes might come and as long as we are not proven otherwise, we still expect everything to turn out at least fine - why should I think different ? From what we think everything depends to a high amount on your own attitude and what you make of it. Just my two cents....

I agree with @horse11 . We are a lot of veterans here venting about changes we don't like, but most of us are still going and going back (June 2016 and 2017 here). You can still have a magical time with all the changes. Definitely do your research here as far as touring, dining, FPs to get a leg up and help you spend your time wisely, which in turn will help you have a great time!

last week I booked my hotel for late August but I'm having second thoughts.

Early Bird Specials are to fill a restaurant during a time frame they would normally be empty. Disney does not have that problem. They actually have the opposite so they are looking at increasing their profits by charging for the extra hours that guests are falling all over themselves to do.

Disney always said their FP+ is FREE. To keep it free and charge in a roundabout way for the folks willing to pay they now have Extra Hours Events to add to all their Dessert Parties and Dining Packages that are basically combo FP+ deals.

Only you can decide if a trip is a value for you and one you will enjoy. These extra hours events are totally optional and you don't have to do them. They will change crowds at the opening and closing of the park, so that is something to factor.

Looks like Kenny the Pirate just reported that there will be changes in the FP system. Starting May 27th Elsa and Anna will no longer have FP available at MK. Kenny seems to think this may be the day they move to Epcot along with the new opening of the Frozen ride. He is expecting the possibility of long lines and suggested a two day Epcot tour plan. Can not help but wonder if Disney will add a Early Morning Magic hours or After hours to Epcot.

Please do not let this hinder you. The boards are a place where people vent. Disney World is still an amazing place. I think it would be wise to follow the boards so you are up to date on changes but try to take what is said here with a grain of salt. Are your planning on staying on Disney Grounds or off site? There are still ways of being frugal for your vacation and you can still have an amazing time. I am sure if you need any help with your planning there will be plenty of people on these boards that can help you out. By August I would imagine most of the things that people are currently waiting on for information should be known and worked out by your trip. Being willing to be flexible in your plans will help a lot. Disney World is still an amazing place and there really seems to be no other place like it on earth.

Thank you horse I will try to keep this in mind. It is important to keep in mind being flexible. I have booked a Disney moderate hotel in French Quarter. The price was reasonable on the website. I know usually you still have to pay taxes and other stuff, but then I saw there was extra resort fees and extra cost to stay in the parks longer. It seems like Disney has enough profit and they shouldn't try to charge more when the parks are already full.

These extra hours events are totally optional and you don't have to do them. They will change crowds at the opening and closing of the park, so that is something to factor.

THank you hopperfan. I want to make this the ultimate vacation but I understand how some things are optional. So I will try this trip without the extra hours and then see if its worth it to add for next time. I just don't want to miss out on something and then my vacation feels incomplete.

Looks like Kenny the Pirate just reported that there will be changes in the FP system. Starting May 27th Elsa and Anna will no longer have FP available at MK. Kenny seems to think this may be the day they move to Epcot along with the new opening of the Frozen ride. He is expecting the possibility of long lines and suggested a two day Epcot tour plan. Can not help but wonder if Disney will add a Early Morning Magic hours or After hours to Epcot.
Two days at Epcot? I guess that people will likely spend a lot of time in line so that might make sense.

I just wonder how hard it will be to get to Kringla...

Thank you horse I will try to keep this in mind. It is important to keep in mind being flexible. I have booked a Disney moderate hotel in French Quarter. The price was reasonable on the website. I know usually you still have to pay taxes and other stuff, but then I saw there was extra resort fees and extra cost to stay in the parks longer. It seems like Disney has enough profit and they shouldn't try to charge more when the parks are already full.

THank you hopperfan. I want to make this the ultimate vacation but I understand how some things are optional. So I will try this trip without the extra hours and then see if its worth it to add for next time. I just don't want to miss out on something and then my vacation feels incomplete.

French Quarter is my favorite moderate resort. It is small, quaint and has a lot of amenities that my family looks for. So far, the resort fees is a rumor, and one that we will have warning about in the event Disney decides to implement them. THe parks are still open, and the folks who are discussing the extra magic mornings and evenings are talking about an additional opportunity that it seems DIsney may offer for people who want to stay even longer. There are Extra magic hours already in place for resort guests, and Disney often expands them if the parks are too crowded. You wil have access to those extra hours.

AS to the Be Our Guest breakfast, it was always wicked expensive, and peole paid it. Disney does not hold guests to that cost though, it is a counter service restaurant and people can share meals if they choose. WHat may change is that people Amy not be able to use this restaurant as a pre park opening opportunity to get on the Mine Train any longer, a perk that was never advertised by Disney and that pre park opening breakfasts never gave before.

One thing to remember is that even though DIsney Parks ae magical places to visit, they are still businesses, and any business that overlooks revenue may be held accountable by their stock holders. I am not saying I agree with all of the changes we have been discussing, but that as a company DIsney has a right to try to increase their profits. I also think as consumers we can always say No.

Two days at Epcot? I guess that people will likely spend a lot of time in line so that might make sense.

I just wonder how hard it will be to get to Kringla...
I think he was suggesting the two day plan once Soarin opens back up. Because projected Tier 1's are FEA, A&E M&G, TT, and Soarin. You'd really need two days to get two Tier 1's and do rope drop or later hours for the other Tier 1's.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter