Is there really no August 2013 thread yet?

Sorry for the typo! Darn SIRI... I meant "booking this way".

If you don't want the dining plan, it sound like a good deal.

From what I understand is that dining plan can not be added to the end of August special even if you are getting tickets.

From what I understand is that dining plan can not be added to the end of August special even if you are getting tickets.

If you book through disney directly, you can always add a dining plan if you book a package (room and at least 1 day of tickets). That includes ANY special offer. Dining plans cannot be added to a reservation booked through a wholesaler, so you would be correct.

DME can be included for any DIsney resort no matter how you book the reservation.

Also, if a free dining promotion comes out for your dates (which apparently is the topic of discussion right now on here!) you would not be able to take advantage of it.

...just some things to think about.

So no dining plan can be added for the end of August?

That is correct. I was unhappy with that at first but then we decided to try club level since there was such a big discount. We are booked BC CL Aug 23-30 5 day park passes, you get a free water park ticket (2 adults and 2 kids) for $3000.

So no dining plan can be added for the end of August?

For the *** exclusive late August special the dining plan cannot be added. I booked with them several months ago. I calculated a 53% savings on the room and there is a small (approximate 10%) discount on the tickets as well. We are booked at BC standard for 6 nights 8/21-8/27 with 6 day PH with 1 water park entry for 2 adults and 2 children for $2375 I also booked for my aunt and she is in her own room with the same ticket and it was $1400 for package.

For the *** exclusive late August special the dining plan cannot be added. I booked with them several months ago. I calculated a 53% savings on the room and there is a small (approximate 10%) discount on the tickets as well. We are booked at BC standard for 6 nights 8/21-8/27 with 6 day PH with 1 water park entry for 2 adults and 2 children for $2375 I also booked for my aunt and she is in her own room with the same ticket and it was $1400 for package.

I wanted to add that for my family the room discount of almost $1200 far exceeded the savings that free dining would have offered us.

MICKEYandMINI said:
If you book through disney directly, you can always add a dining plan if you book a package (room and at least 1 day of tickets). That includes ANY special offer. Dining plans cannot be added to a reservation booked through a wholesaler, so you would be correct.

DME can be included for any DIsney resort no matter how you book the reservation.

Also, if a free dining promotion comes out for your dates (which apparently is the topic of discussion right now on here!) you would not be able to take advantage of it.

...just some things to think about.

Sorry I meant to specify with the *** special it could not be added. Sorry for not clarifying.

I was able to book all my ADRs, and DME, and already got my luggage tags, etc.

So far it's been an easy experience!

Do we have to book DME on our own when booking through *** or will they do it? I have not booked mine because I thought they were doing it but maybe not. I have not received any luggage tags yet.[/QUOTE]

Angela told me she would handle it this summer, but since I'm impatient and love trip planning I did it myself :rotfl2: You can wait and I'm sure they will do it for you once you give them your flight info, if you haven't already.

One thing to keep in mind when booking this was is that you are not able to add a disney dining plan (if you wanted to have the option) unless the room and tickets are purchased together as a vacation package.

I thought they told me I could add the DDP, but honestly I did not pay that much attention as we are not a good DDP family (we prefer appetizers to desserts and use GG for breakfast in our rooms). Plus, you could never save with the DDP what you save with their discounts - actually even FD would not have saved me more than what this rate is saving me.

ETA: Ok, so yes, you can't add the DDP, but as we all found out today, FD won't be offered for the end of August, and this deal will save you tons over the DDP.

Do we have to book DME on our own when booking through *** or will they do it? I have not booked mine because I thought they were doing it but maybe not. I have not received any luggage tags yet.

Angela told me she would handle it this summer, but since I'm impatient and love trip planning I did it myself :rotfl2: You can wait and I'm sure they will do it for you once you give them your flight info, if you haven't already.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I will check in wit my agent.

I also agree that the discount is far better, for our family, then free dining.

One thing to keep in mind when booking this was is that you are not able to add a disney dining plan (if you wanted to have the option) unless the room and tickets are purchased together as a vacation package.

I also used *** for the first time and yes we were able to book hotel and dining plan without buying any tickets. I confirmed this because I never knew you can but yes you can.

Went ahead and requested a quote from ***! You guys have given me renewed hope that our August vacation could still happen!

Anxiously awaiting my quote!

So, the free dining offer dates have been leaked and they don't include late August. I was hoping for FD but am Ok without it as it really was way too much food and you lose some of your flexibility. BUT, I'm wondering if that means that late August is really booking up? I've read that FD was to draw people into the resorts and we have been there 2x during FD and the crowds still weren't bad. Wondering if late August without FD (assumably because of higher than historical crowds) will be better than late August with FD (when they must have needed a draw to get people to show up). Ugh. Either way, we are going as that is the only dates I can squeek out in August (8/24 to 9/1) and our airefare finally dropped (over the course of 2 days) from $438/pp to $330/pp, so I jumped on it.

I am booked with them too, so far it's all gone really smoothly. If any of you are booking and will be there Aug 28 they have such a neat sounding special event at DHS involving Toy Story you should check that out at their website or ask your agent for info. Unfortunately that is our fly home day so we can't participate.

I also booked three nights at a Universal hotel with a 40% off PIN which is such an amazing savings!

We will do an offsite cheapo with free breakfast for our first few days in Florida. We are staying 13 nights total on our vacation with three different hotels but I planned out our hotel switch days to include some shopping and pools/waterparks so I really don't feel like we are losing much time as those are things we would have done anyhow.

It actually feels good to be 'settled' now and not worrying about a if a discount will come or not. I told the kids about Yacht Club and SAB last night and they are pumped.

Of course, if Disney sent me a FD pin I may relook at my plans but for now I am settled. :goodvibes

Went ahead and requested a quote from ***! You guys have given me renewed hope that our August vacation could still happen!

Anxiously awaiting my quote!

I did too!!! *nervously biting nails. I sent the request first thing yesterday when I realized my dates weren't included in leaked promo. Is it poor etiquette to request another quote if I don't hear back after 24 hours? I'm nervous as I don't want the deal to sell out?!

I did too!!! *nervously biting nails. I sent the request first thing yesterday when I realized my dates weren't included in leaked promo. Is it poor etiquette to request another quote if I don't hear back after 24 hours? I'm nervous as I don't want the deal to sell out?!

I don't know if I would request another quote but I would call them. My agent is Kristen and she has been fabulous. I believe all of the agents emails are their first name and then @***.com (spell out ***...I didn't here because I did not know if I could). I would email am agent to follow up.

I sent my quote request about 6:30 this morning, and just received it. However, mine seems a bit higher than some of yours do for similar dates.

I was quoted $2777.12 at Beach Club, and $3249.62 at Grand Floridian.

This is for 7 nights, 5 day ticket (no hopper) for 3 adults, and 2 children (plus an infant who shouldn't count toward the price).

Does that sound accurate?

I sent my quote request about 6:30 this morning, and just received it. However, mine seems a bit higher than some of yours do for similar dates.

I was quoted $2777.12 at Beach Club, and $3249.62 at Grand Floridian.

This is for 7 nights, 5 day ticket (no hopper) for 3 adults, and 2 children (plus an infant who shouldn't count toward the price).

Does that sound accurate?

The ticket value alone on this is more than $1300
adults-268x3+tax
child-250x2+tax

So that's ~$1450 for 7 nights = ~$200 per night.

That's a little higher than mine which = ~$140 a night at YC---don't know why there's a difference except our tickts are hoppers and there seems to be a ticket saving component to this deal.

BUT it's still a great deal. :goodvibes

I don't know if I would request another quote but I would call them. My agent is Kristen and she has been fabulous. I believe all of the agents emails are their first name and then @***.com (spell out ***...I didn't here because I did not know if I could). I would email am agent to follow up.

I found an old email from a previous quote I requested a couple months back. Shot her an email & got a response with a new quote. Thanks to my agent Darcy!!! Soo very excited!!!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter