Is the dollar effecting your trip/planning?

wmp.dll

We will make it to The World eventually.
Looking at the dollar today..ouch.

$1.21 to buy one US dollar.

Is that effecting your trip/planning? When we went to Disneyland this summer, the dollar was hovering around par in June and we said "well we will wait to get our currency changed over" When it hit 90 cents in August we couldn't wait any longer. 19 cents doesn't seem like that much, but over a whole trip down south it can add up. Were sort of mulling our trip to Disney World. Were still going to go, but we hope the dollar doesn't get any worse. These days its pretty hard to predict where the dollar is going to go.

It should be--but it's not
Just back from Italy..off to Las Vegas on Nov 9 and JUST booked WDW for Dec 14-21
I should curtail it..but jeeeeeeeeeez I love going places!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Yes but in the opposite way. I paid the Spring Break DCL cruise off in June at 1.03 and I am thinking I should cancel it and get the refund at about 1.20 and book a RCCL cruise at Canadian dollars, but then I think at this exchange rate I will not be doing any more DCL cruises and my youngest daughter still loves the characters.

I had all Disney Hotel and most tickets purchased before hand along with plane tickets and the cruise!

I had some money saved as well. Now it is getting more spending money!

Charleyann

For me .. I am thinking of modifying my plans. Perhaps even staying off Disney.

Our trip is this coming January. Though our package balance was not due until the last week of November, we paid it off early :banana: (my bosses, two financial planners, saw the writing on the wall and said that the dollar would go down the toilet....thank heavens for some good advice :thumbsup2 ).

We are eternally grateful that we got the dining plan. Most of our food is now paid for, and with two very big eaters in our group (husband and son....not me :laughing:) that will definitely mean a good savings for us. Especially when the dining plan was purchased when the dollar was around 96 cents US, and it looks like we'll be paying $1.20 CDN or more by January.

Souvenir shopping will be the biggest cut-back for us. Our son, who is 12, has a paper route and will be taking a sizable amount of cash to spend, but we adults will likely buy very little. Just a few things to remember the trip....maybe a frame or a photo album (oh yeah, and a deck of Mickey Mouse playing cards for my parents :) ). We had the aforesight to order a good deal of Disney wear (t's and sweatshirts) from the online store just a couple of weeks before the dollar's decline, and have put them away until we leave, so those will feel like souvenirs to us.

We were thinking of adding in an extra TS character breakfast to pay OOP....but now we're not so sure. For the three of us, with tax, tip, and exchange, its going to run about $80 for breakfast :scared1: . Not sure my thrifty DH will go for that!

Just hoping for an extra-good discount to be released (for all of us who didn't get a PIN code :confused: ) to help off-set the crappy exchange rate. The better the discount, the more we can spend while we're there!

We paid off our cruise in Sept 2007 ( as the dollar was above par) and have been socking away some every pay...so we are in good shape to go without worrying about our dollar. 57 more sleeps!:cheer2:

I may very well be modifying my plans..thinking about it more each day--would love a moderate--but if it is going to cost even more due to the exchange rate-I will do a value resort. I still want a holiday but it will definately affect what we do & how much we spend.

Yes, it did affect my families plans. I've just cancelled our 2 week trip after Christmas. With the exchange it's not going to work for our family of 6.

It hasn't changed our plans yet. Our final payment is due in Dec and I'm not sure why we didn't just pay it! I'm wondering if I should pay it now or wait and see if there will be a change for the better...
We are staying at Poly, thinking of downgrading to a Mod depending on what codes or promos might come out in Feb.

Yes, it did affect my families plans. I've just cancelled our 2 week trip after Christmas. With the exchange it's not going to work for our family of 6.

Out of curiosity, why not cut to a 7 day trip and still go?

I've booked the Poly for January and probably should change but I'm thinking it's too late since we're going during marathon weekend. I had planned to go again in March but that trip is definitely on hold unless the dollar improves.

No, not at all. But I already have my hotel and airfare paid for and did so when the $ was at even par. This is mine and DH solo trip without the kids so it is not really a big deal.

It would have really added to the cost of our family summer vacation - we toured the southwest (Texas, New Mexico, Arizona & Nevada) with the 6 of us and it was a cheap trip compared to travelling within Canada.

I think this just levels the playing field when it comes to Canada and the US in terms of travel $ that are going to be spent. Canada is expensive to travel in and a low $ makes the US hotels and airlines more in line with our own.

I still went when it was $1.60, so there's no way I'm not when it's only $1.21. ;)

Even with the exchange rate, WDW is still cheaper than a lot of other vacations. :)

YES :scared: we were supposed to go in April/May now my husband want to delay. All cause of the dollar!!

We only have food to pay for our February trip. We may have to do more counter service meals and less sit down meals.

Thankfully I paid for our tickets and half of our villa rental back when exchange was excellent so that is a load off, but wow is it hurting to pay what is left for the trip now. We are definitely still going though. I just might cancel a couple of ADR's and we'll have to pack a lunch for the park some days. At least gas prices being lower is a bit of an offset, but yeah, it hurts to have the exchange change so quickly. I'm kicking myself for not buying our Universal tickets and paying off the villa in full a couple months ago.

Definitely! We were going to go next year but everytime the dollar drops it keeps pushing it back. Now I can't see us being able to go before 2011. :sad: It's expensive enough coming from the west coast and then with a low dollar . . . well let's just say that lottery win can't come soon enouhg.

It would cost an extra $800 exchange for our trip. :teacher: To put it in perspective for us, that's one month mortgage plus a car payment. Disney would have to offer at par to get us back there anytime soon.

When the exchange is crappy, that's when we travel our own country - plus it helps our economy when we need it most. When the dollar is good - we go elsewhere.

Buuuuut, looking for Disney to offer a par deal. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter