Is the discount better if you book on board verus calling DCL when you come home???

tinkgrl

Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein
Hi,

Does that make sense?? I was thinking that we would look into booking on board for our 1st 7 day next May (Wonder.) Will we get a better deal than if we came home & booked through DCL? Or is it the same?? Thanks,

Allison an associate (DVC)

Hi Allison,

As far as discounts, as far as I know you only get them from DCL if you book on board, and you will only be offered a ship board credit only if you book on board.

So I would suggest that you book your desired stateroom on board and only put down the deposit for one or maybe two persons to hold the price and get the discounts/credits.

If you will have other persons sailing with you in your cabin they can be added later. Just make sure you tell the cruise rep how many people you think will be cruising with you and the cabin cat.

I hope this helps,

enjoy,

kennyk

The deal is much better if you re-book while on board. There's really no danger in it--you can change your dates or cancel entirely up to 60 days before your scheduled sailing. If you cancel, you get a full refund. If you re-schedule, the same deal is applied to the new dates. Currently, the special is 10% off plus $200 stateroom credit on a 7 day cruise.

In years past, you had 90 days after returning home to call DCL and get the special. However, they now put Donna (their TA) on the ship, and you must book while on the ship.

In my experience, Donna is not the sharpest tack in the box, and doesn't always offer the best deals. Your best bet is to know exactly what you want and take an internet print out of the deal you want. I've seen rumors where she matched a print out. For me, she twice denied that the deal existed (2 separate cruises.) The first time, I went home and booked. This past time, I booked thru Donna, then called DCL when I got home. They allowed me to "switch" to the internet deal and still get the additional 10% off plus the stateroom credit.

Ok, sorry....I shouldn't have maligned Donna. She's a nice lady. She just doesn't go out of her way to find a deal for you...she punches her computer and tells you the first thing that comes up as if it's the only price you'll find.

Another tip is that after you've rebooked on the ship (tell DCL to make themselves your new Travel Agent) once home contact DreamsUnlimited (these boards sponsor) and they'll give you an additional rebate on top of your discount and stateroom credit if you assign your ressie to them.

:bounce: :confused: :confused:

Where do you fellow cruisers find your best deals on the internet?? Ive booked my first dc through expedia.com and got a pretty good deal plus they gave us 50.00 p/room on board credit. Were going on the wonder in nov with 5 people 2 cabins and the total with insurance came to 2500.00 All you experienced cruisers that have been on lots and lots of disney cruises do you find i got a good deal???? ( P.s Cat 10) thanks for all the great tips!!! these boards are addictive!!!!!:teeth:

Ok, 10 cruises on the Magic...I guess that makes me experienced. I find my best internet deals thru Dreams Unlimited web site, wwwallseastravel.com, expedia.com, vacationstogo.com. Expedia didn't "give" you an on-board credit, it came from DCL due to some promotion they were having. DW and allseastravel usually have the best deals either because they buy cabins in bulk and re-sell them or because they give back part of their commission as a rebate to you.

Be aware that prices on the cruises do change. It is worth your while to periodically check on the price of a cruise you've already booked (a good TA will do this for you.) If the price has dropped, DCL will meet the lower price, but only if you ask them to. That is, they won't call you and say "the price of your cruise has dropped." However, if you call them (thru the TA if you used one) and say "the cost of my cruise (same dates, same category) dropped $200 less than what I paid" they will credit you the difference.

Originally posted by kcashner
Ok, 10 cruises on the Magic...I guess that makes me experienced. I find my best internet deals thru Dreams Unlimited web site, wwwallseastravel.com, expedia.com, vacationstogo.com. Expedia didn't "give" you an on-board credit, it came from DCL due to some promotion they were having. DW and allseastravel usually have the best deals either because they buy cabins in bulk and re-sell them or because they give back part of their commission as a rebate to you.

Be aware that prices on the cruises do change. It is worth your while to periodically check on the price of a cruise you've already booked (a good TA will do this for you.) If the price has dropped, DCL will meet the lower price, but only if you ask them to. That is, they won't call you and say "the price of your cruise has dropped." However, if you call them (thru the TA if you used one) and say "the cost of my cruise (same dates, same category) dropped $200 less than what I paid" they will credit you the difference.
WOW 10 cruises! One thing I have found that it is more difficult to get the suites, I guess there are fewer of them and with my family of 6 am wondering if that's the way to go. Have you found that one or another travel co. has better inventory as well as better pricing? Thanks!
Laurie

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses, but I'm confused. Book before leaving on the cruise than rebook on board???? I'm confused can someone make it easier??

Thanks,
Allison

I think that they are saying research when you want to go again before you leave, then book on-board.

That's what we did. Then, we had a good idea of what we wanted before we even started which made the whole process a lot smoother.

Oh, and if you find a deal BEFORE you board. Print it out. It never hurts to have paper to back you up in case you get a different quote later.

:smooth:

amy

Originally posted by owenbyd
I think that they are saying research when you want to go again before you leave, then book on-board.

That's what we did. Then, we had a good idea of what we wanted before we even started which made the whole process a lot smoother.

Oh, and if you find a deal BEFORE you board. Print it out. It never hurts to have paper to back you up in case you get a different quote later.

:smooth:

amy

Amy,

Thanks for the clarifacation!!!!!!

Allison an associate (DVC)

If you book on board for your next cruise to get the 10% and $200 on board credit and then once you get back home transfer it to whatever TA you want......If you are a Florida Resident and when they release Florida resident rates your booking price is discounted(you get a refund) are you able to still keep your $200 on board credit or does that disappear because you got the Florida Resident discount. If anyone knows answer to this one, would appreciate a clarification. Thanks in advance :wave2:

Hello: My question is how do I contact DU other than through the process of getting a quote? I booked our 9/18/04 cruise while on the Wonder last year, have read about switching to DU, but I can't find the correct way to contact DU about switching to them. I did receive a quote from DU, however, I only wanted to contact them to switch my reservation to them. Please advise. Thanks.

Click the link on the top of the page that says reservations and quotes........

or Email them... their email address is on the web page. they will lead you through the transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter