Is Pop Warner really that bad?

Okay .... never stayed at the same resort as Pop Warner and I'm getting scared!!!:scared1::scared1:
I actually have 2 seperate ressies on AAA for Fri and Sat night 11/12th and another for 13-19th... do you think I should switch and do a split stay? I guess I could move over to POR or POFQ for my first 2 nights. Whadda ya think?
I really love CSR but I'm kinda hesistant about those first 2 nights.. the rest of the week at CSR will be fine I'm sure.:goodvibes

Okay .... never stayed at the same resort as Pop Warner and I'm getting scared!!!:scared1::scared1:
I actually have 2 seperate ressies on AAA for Fri and Sat night 11/12th and another for 13-19th... do you think I should switch and do a split stay? I guess I could move over to POR or POFQ for my first 2 nights. Whadda ya think?
I really love CSR but I'm kinda hesistant about those first 2 nights.. the rest of the week at CSR will be fine I'm sure.:goodvibes

All I can tell you is that it was mentioned that the Pop Warner guests would ALL be put in the Ranchos section at the CSR. We've never stayed with the Pop Warner kids so I can't tell you what the resort would be like.

I agree as well. You couldn't pay us enough to stay at a resort while POP is there.

I don't blame the kids, we were all that age once. It's the 'chaperone's'. (and I use the term loosely) that are the problem.

They let the kids run wild, and do mostly whatever they want.

No one seems to care or realize that there are OTHER guests at the resort as well, many of which have scrimped and saved for a long time just to be at Disney with their families.

The loud cheer leading practices that start at sunrise are nothing short of totally obnoxious.

Shame on them.

We were there for Pop Warner '07 and I couldn't agree more!

Never again!

oh my god

I hope I never accidentally book a trip during this.

I'm 110% positive that I would ABSOLUTELY lose my mind!

With so many complaints, I do not understand why Disney does not do something to control the situation. I do not expect them to stop the competitions but more security could be helpful. This will not affect me as I cannot visit during that time in December, but it bothers me that others will come away with a less than magical time at the world.

Security has taken care of the fights and people were thrown out of a resort a couple of years ago.

However, as I posted on the theme boards, this is how I feel about the whole situation:

What cracks me up is the people who complain about the "Pop Warner" kids or any other sports group that attends an event at Disney and are at the parks or the resorts. Some of those same people should look at their own children who are not part of a group but can be just as obnoxius, loud, unruly, etc. I truly believe people forget what it was like to be a kid, or when their kids were kids, etc. Believe me, my kids were NOT angels when they were younger and they've had their moments as teenagers. But I knew when to step in and remind them of how they were expected to act.

I put a lot of the blame on the chaperones and the parents for their lack of supervision.

I'll be there Dec 12th-20th with Mark and my mom. I stayed at POFQ a few years ago when POP Warner was there. The parks were fine. The kids are usually in competitions all day. The food court in the mornings gets wild and they did start practicing their cheers around sunrise every morning in any open space they could find, which was not a good way to wake up every morning. They also take over the pools. The other problem with them is that they run in huge packs at night in the parks and at DTD. If they see another group they immediately start trying to outcheer the others. They are teenagers acting like obnoxious teenagers. The only problem is, that there are soooo many of them together. Oh, yes they also like to cheer on the buses at night coming home from the parks They couldn't care less about the parents on there with sleeping kids. Saying all of that, I have no intention of changing our resort. Supposedly CSR plans to put them all in the Rancho section. That's the one section I really dislike anyway. I'm requesting Cabanas or Casitas and just won't be spending any time at the main pool while they're there. Now if I happen to get assigned to the Ranchos on the 12th, you may hear me squawking loud enough to disturb the ghosts in the Haunted Mansion.:rotfl: Either that or if you are in another section, you may have three roommates that night. The only thing is, both Mark and my mom snore loudly, whereas of course I don't. lol If you get stuck in the Ranchos that first night, you could always come share our room. lol POP Warner should be gone by the next day.

We were at POR during Pop Warner a few years ago, never, ever again. I know many parents will claim there group is well behaved, but that's only true about a small percent. It didn't seem to effect the park, it was the resort issues, and I mean lots of late night noise, running around, yelling etc., we complained to security a number of times but they can only do so much. We even witnessed a mother and daughter that were there for the event, at the front desk complaining about some of the others. And I believe it was last year that two groups were told to leave in the middle of the night because of fighting. Rationalize all you want, but if you are staying at any of the resorts they occupy, be prepared.

Why do I think that there will be a Pop Warner group at CSR around August 23rd? Or am I way off on that?:confused3

Why do I think that there will be a Pop Warner group at CSR around August 23rd? Or am I way off on that?:confused3

Doesn't ring a bell to me. I know there is a big baseball/softball tournament arriving tomorrow at the All Stars and the Caribbean.

Here is the latest list we have for conventions. However, this is only what people have submitted to us. There could be things that we are missing. I do know there was some type of Pop Warner cheerleader thing earlier this year at the CSR.

April 19 - 23, IAPP-U International Accounts Payable Professionals
Apr 26 -28, AACSB International 2009 - International Conference and Annual Meeting
April 27 - 28, USASF/IASF - FIFTH ANNUAL COACHES CONFERENCE AND INDUSTRY TRADE SHOW

May 3 - 6, FTA 2009 Forum & Info*Flex
May 6 - 9, Nursing 2009 Symposium
May 14 - 16, 9th Annual FOCUS Conference
May 17 - 22, STLE Annual Convention

Jun 15 - 20, Wester CPE CPA Conference

Jul 3 - 4, 2009 US Open Karate Championship
Jul 7 - 12, Friends for Life Annual Conference
Jul 16 - 18, TOPS IRD

Aug 25 - 29, Florida Recreation & Park Association

Sept 30 - Oct 4, Society of American Foresters National Convention

Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2009, HACU 23rd Annual Conference

I'll be there Dec 12th-20th with Mark and my mom. I stayed at POFQ a few years ago when POP Warner was there. The parks were fine. The kids are usually in competitions all day. The food court in the mornings gets wild and they did start practicing their cheers around sunrise every morning in any open space they could find, which was not a good way to wake up every morning. They also take over the pools. The other problem with them is that they run in huge packs at night in the parks and at DTD. If they see another group they immediately start trying to outcheer the others. They are teenagers acting like obnoxious teenagers. The only problem is, that there are soooo many of them together. Oh, yes they also like to cheer on the buses at night coming home from the parks They couldn't care less about the parents on there with sleeping kids. Saying all of that, I have no intention of changing our resort. Supposedly CSR plans to put them all in the Rancho section. That's the one section I really dislike anyway. I'm requesting Cabanas or Casitas and just won't be spending any time at the main pool while they're there. Now if I happen to get assigned to the Ranchos on the 12th, you may hear me squawking loud enough to disturb the ghosts in the Haunted Mansion.:rotfl: Either that or if you are in another section, you may have three roommates that night. The only thing is, both Mark and my mom snore loudly, whereas of course I don't. lol If you get stuck in the Ranchos that first night, you could always come share our room. lol POP Warner should be gone by the next day.

Thanks.... Vanessa
I'll probably just tough it out anyway.... how bad can it be anyway. Most of them probably will be heading out on Sat and Sun anyways and my chances of getting my requests are much better!
Hey are you guys doing the dining plan in Dec?:goodvibes

Honestly, I'd try to change resorts (at Disney or not) any time that I learned there was a large kids group there. I worked in hotels for years, and they are ALWAYS horrible. The kids run around like maniacs, and the parents sit in the bar, or at the pool, and drink. The hotel staff tries to be polite (even though they hate the kids groups--- sorry--- if you're in a kids group, the staff hates you), but there is usually nothing they can do about it.

I was recently stuck at a hotel out of town where a large group of kids in a baseball tournament were staying. It rained. They didn't play. They about tore the place down. The poor cop who was hired as "security" ran his butt off. The staff did nothing because the large group was bringing in more money than us poor slobs staying for 2 nights.

I'm not trying to start a confrontation here. I'm guessing there are very well behaved kids out there, and even better behaved parents. But after some of the amazingly bad behavior I've seen, I wouldn't risk my Disney vacation on it.

I know there's some sort of Soccer Nationals tournament the end of July at WWOS just like last year for kids of all ages through high school. Last year my sister's family stayed at CBR & there were alot of families staying there. I think that it was up to the individual teams that qualified to decide where they wanted to stay. Not a package set up like Pop Warner and other organizations.

I was actually very amused when we were on a bus with an entire high school basketball team. I sat behind this real 'toughguy' who texted his girlfriend 'Monica my <3' all sorts of sweet nothings in txt sp33k. I loved every second of it.

Not to beat a dead horse, but due to a late change our reservation, we stayed at AS Sports during PW. Not only were they rude, there was a fight in the cafeteria. The kids were throwing chairs at one another. At night at the pool, they took over. The children not involved in PW stayed in one section of pool and the PW kids were loud and obnoxious. I highly reccommend you switch resorts. As someone said the parks were no problem, it is the resort in morning and night. Good Luck:scared1:

The Brazilian Tour groups make the Pop Warner players and cheerleaders look like angels. I have been to WDW more than one time when these groups were there.

Thanks.... Vanessa
I'll probably just tough it out anyway.... how bad can it be anyway. Most of them probably will be heading out on Sat and Sun anyways and my chances of getting my requests are much better!
Hey are you guys doing the dining plan in Dec?:goodvibes

Right now we are doing the basic DDP, but discussing doing the DxDDP again and dining at alot of Signature restaurants.:rotfl: We'll probably wind up with the basic plan though. By the way, my mom asked if I had talked to you lately and said to tell you hi.

The Brazilian Tour groups make the Pop Warner players and cheerleaders look like angels. I have been to WDW more than one time when these groups were there.

I've been there during both. I prefer the parks during POP Warner, but when it comes to the resorts the Brazilian tour groups and POP Warner are about tied. Teenagers are going to be teenagers, no matter their nationality and if you have a large group of them with little to no supervision, they are all disruptive, screaming, heathens.

Not to beat a dead horse, but due to a late change our reservation, we stayed at AS Sports during PW. Not only were they rude, there was a fight in the cafeteria. The kids were throwing chairs at one another. At night at the pool, they took over. The children not involved in PW stayed in one section of pool and the PW kids were loud and obnoxious. I highly reccommend you switch resorts. As someone said the parks were no problem, it is the resort in morning and night. Good Luck:scared1:

Poor you! you were there for the fight that made the nightly news ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter