Is Pop Warner really that bad?

We are staying at the Poly during that time. Will we have any problems there? And what should we expect at the parks??? Is it true that the parks shouldn't be effected much during the daytime - just in the evenings?

THANKS!

We are staying at the Poly during that time. Will we have any problems there? And what should we expect at the parks??? Is it true that the parks shouldn't be effected much during the daytime - just in the evenings?

THANKS!
There won't be any problems with your stay at The Poly. Not to worry, you'll have a great time.

The parks themselves seem to absorb the 'Popsters' with little problems, so you are OK there as well.....

Occasionally in the park you run into groups of Cheerleaders that feel the need to shriek their songs/cheers.I had to tell a bunch of them on POC to stop(My friend and I, we got stuck on a boat of them), they had a chaperone, but the chaperone just laughed and kept encouraging them:confused3 I understand they have team pride and spirit, but screaming in my ears all thru pirates was not acceptable

I feel terrible.

I have booked my HONEYMOON at the Pop Century from Dec 6 - 14. I think I´m gonna cry! I had no idea about the Pop Warner till after I booked the resort. I am spending my cash on romantic dinners, all parks, sea world, busch gardens, cirque du soleil and won´t have enough to upgrade to a moderate.
Imagine that, a Honeymoon at Pop Century during Pop Warner. I did get a preferred room and expect to request a view behind the pool overlooking the lake. Will that help? Darn it. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

We stayed at Movies last December arriving the same time as Pop Warner and I was dreading it. The only time we run into them was the morning they were going home and they were in the food court otherwise I wouldn't have known they were there.

I stayed at ASMusic during some cheerleading thing in early 2006. I don't know if it was PW or not. Maybe the dates were different back then. Anyway, we were in the Jazz section and the cheerleaders were cheering right outside our door untill almost midnight and groups would start again after 6 a.m. It was miserable because there were more than one group at once screaming at the top of their lungs over and over. In terms of behavior, I really didn't have any problem. I just couldn't sleep at ALL. It was LOUD. :scared1:

We had more problems with the adults than the kids during PW. We stayed at the Values, and the adults were loud, and smoking and drinking beer right outside our room on the 3rd floor at the back side of the hotel. They were loud and someone took the do not disturb sign off our room during the night. I know there is a smoking ban now, so maybe the adults will take their beer and smokes to another location. I have stayed at the Values 4 consecutive years during PW. We will not do that again.

I feel terrible.

I have booked my HONEYMOON at the Pop Century from Dec 6 - 14. I think I´m gonna cry! I had no idea about the Pop Warner till after I booked the resort. I am spending my cash on romantic dinners, all parks, sea world, busch gardens, cirque du soleil and won´t have enough to upgrade to a moderate.
Imagine that, a Honeymoon at Pop Century during Pop Warner. I did get a preferred room and expect to request a view behind the pool overlooking the lake. Will that help? Darn it. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

You are fine! They are at the All Stars and the CSR -- NOT the Pop.

We stayed at POR for three weeks last November/early December. After being in a resort where Pop Warner were staying it actually put me off returning to Disney ! The children were loud and rude. The chaperones were not much better to be honest.

Pop Warner were also staying at luxury resorts as well last year. I have to say if I had paid the extra money to stay at a luxury I would be even more angry than I was staying at POR.

I would avoid this time to visit again at all costs !

I am wondering now if Disney has any kind of resort rules regarding noise? I have stayed at other resorts that have certain hours as "quiet hours". I have pretty much decided to stay as ASMu because it sounds like the Pop folks can be at any resort if they pay the money for it. I read where they are putting all the Pop ressies in Ranchos as CSR, does it work the same way for the all stars?

We stayed at POR for three weeks last November/early December. After being in a resort where Pop Warner were staying it actually put me off returning to Disney ! The children were loud and rude. The chaperones were not much better to be honest.

Pop Warner were also staying at luxury resorts as well last year. I have to say if I had paid the extra money to stay at a luxury I would be even more angry than I was staying at POR.

I would avoid this time to visit again at all costs !

You should complain if this behavior is going on now matter where you are staying. You can be sure that nothing will be done about it if no one says anything. But ESPECIALLY if you're at a Deluxe... Sometimes you unfortunately have to resort to the squeaky wheel gets the grease strategy. If you can't sleep because people are making noise outside your room, the hotel needs to do something about it. If they can't manage to stop the noise, then they need to move you to a room where the noise isn't happening. As always with complaints, remain calm and be polite... but you can still insist that something be done.

When did they start putting PW at CSR? I thought they were at all the value resorts,spilling over at CBR and POR. Help! What resort is safe from them? I am staying at POP Dec 4-7 and I cannot afford to lose any sleep due to these screaming kids. I have stayed at POP and had a terrible experience with them on the bus.They screamed at the top of their lungs the whole time on the bus and they were encouraged to do it. We were told by the parents we needed to experience what they have gone through the last 6 months. No supervision at all.

Occasionally in the park you run into groups of Cheerleaders that feel the need to shriek their songs/cheers.I had to tell a bunch of them on POC to stop(My friend and I, we got stuck on a boat of them), they had a chaperone, but the chaperone just laughed and kept encouraging them:confused3 I understand they have team pride and spirit, but screaming in my ears all thru pirates was not acceptable

That's the most troublesome thing of all...

The total disregard, by the adults "in charge", of respect for their fellow guests feelings....

And, all the hotel managers will do is basically shrug their shoulders and give you a "well, what can we do ?" response....

For our 2005 trip (and all the rest for that matter), we have stayed at MODs, because we heard about Pop Warner Week. I have never regretted th change, because I have read many threads about Value-stayers from that week. MODs are soooo big, that I may have stayed with PW people, but never knew it!

For our 2005 trip (and all the rest for that matter), we have stayed at MODs, because we heard about Pop Warner Week. I have never regretted th change, because I have read many threads about Value-stayers from that week. MODs are soooo big, that I may have stayed with PW people, but never knew it!:confused3

For our 2005 trip (and all the rest for that matter), we have stayed at MODs, because we heard about Pop Warner Week. I have never regretted th change, because I have read many threads about Value-stayers from that week. MODs are soooo big, that I may have stayed with PW people, but never knew it!:confused3

You were lucky! We got stuck at POFQ with them one year. We were in building four facing that big courtyard toward the river. Every morning about sun up we'd be suddenly awakened by screaming teens practicing their cheers. Not a good way to wake up!:scared1: Then there would be another team practicing out there late at night. They took over the pool and the food court also. The boat to DTD at night was almost unbearable with them screaming their cheers.:mad: Buses in the morning were fine, but at night you'd again have screaming, cheering teens and crying babies who desperately wanted to go to sleep, but couldn't for the screaming teens. We swore we'd never again go during POP Warner. Now I try to go every year, the week after them. I usually wind up arriving the last day that they're there, but since they are usually checking out as I arrive it's fine.

I feel terrible.

I was at Pop Century last year during Pop Warner and I think you'll be fine as far as the resport is concerned, especially in a preferred room. For you, they will be more noticable in the parks (more so at night), DTD, airport, etc. I would not let this be an issue for your honeymoon.

I was at Pop Century last year during Pop Warner and I think you'll be fine as far as the resport is concerned, especially in a preferred room. For you, they will be more noticable in the parks (more so at night), DTD, airport, etc. I would not let this be an issue for your honeymoon.

Thank you! :cool1:
I was actually planning on requesting a room behind the 60's building overlooking the lake to make it a bit more romantic. I also plan on going to MVMCP Tuesday Dec 8, or Thursday Dec. 10. I guess this would be packed then with all the kids and stuff?

I have been there in the past during Pop Warner, Cheerleaders etc.

And where was all the noise? From the family down the way who thought that the corriodors are great play areas for their kids.. Or who thought that "no one can hear us SCREAM at each other and the kids" (Yes, we did hear you call your husband every name in the book LOL!)

Personally, I don't see a big difference. Parents seem to think that "disney is a place where my child can behave 24/7 like a brat" so...... LOL!

I'm not a value doer but when I spend the kind of money that a Disney vacation entails I'm not going to chance staying where the PW participants are, or at that time period for that matter. Others might think it's just a place to shower and sleep but that room cost you money, throw on your tickets and food and it's a good amount of cash even for a value. I don't want the hassle of complaining to management or asking to be moved during my stay because of the PW crowd. Same as with the food courts and pools. I'd never consider a stay at any value during PW or even schedule a trip during that time period. We go on vacation or relax, relieve everyday stress and have a peaceful time enjoying the amenities of WDW, not to listen to huge crowds of cheering people under supervised and Disney management saying, what can we do. Why take the chance, plenty of other weeks in a year to go, for my money that's how I see it. If you go and have a bad experience, you knew before hand and hoping for the best is not how I would plan my vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter