Is MiraCosta worth it?

Jacey Howren

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

We have started preliminary planning for an early June visit to TDR. We have 4 nights (3 days in the parks). Our idea at the moment is to stay the first two nights in a less expensive hotel, and splurge for MiraCosta for the last two nights at TDR. Is it worth it? I have read that people enjoy the views of the parks while in their rooms having dinner, relaxing, etc..., but we are a rope drop to being ushered out of the stores after park closing family - meaning, our time at TDR will be in the parks every second we can be there. Is it worth the splurge and effort to switch hotels for the MiraCosta experience? I would love to be able to say I have stayed INSIDE a Disney Park, but only if it makes sense.

Thanks for your help!

Let's just say..it's easier to rope drop TDS if you stay there :D You can get the cheapest room instead of theme park view room.

We got a fairly good rate at the Disneyland hotel and the early 15 helped. I’m sure the Miracosta is very nice but both the DLH and Ambassador are pretty nice and often much cheaper.

Hi all!

We have started preliminary planning for an early June visit to TDR. We have 4 nights (3 days in the parks). Our idea at the moment is to stay the first two nights in a less expensive hotel, and splurge for MiraCosta for the last two nights at TDR. Is it worth it? I have read that people enjoy the views of the parks while in their rooms having dinner, relaxing, etc..., but we are a rope drop to being ushered out of the stores after park closing family - meaning, our time at TDR will be in the parks every second we can be there. Is it worth the splurge and effort to switch hotels for the MiraCosta experience? I would love to be able to say I have stayed INSIDE a Disney Park, but only if it makes sense.

Thanks for your help!
We’re like you where we stay from rope drop to close and we ended up booking 6 nights at the Hilton. It just made more sense for us to spend our money somewhere else and we were able to use Hilton points for our room instead. We’re going early June too

We stayed in a Porto Paradiso Side Superior Room Harbor View this last June (19th and 20th) and absolutely loved it after staying at the Disneyland Hotel the first two nights (which we also really loved). For us, it was most likely a once in a lifetime trip and getting at least one night at Miracosta was a huge check off on our bucket list. Literally staying inside a Disney park is something we couldn't pass up. The transfer from one hotel to another was remarkably easy and took no more than 5 minutes (maybe less) at the bellhop desk before we headed out to the parks that day. We are also rope drop to close people and really only ran back up to our room to watch Fantasmic in the harbor from our window. Watching the show from up above everyone was perfect and allowed us to get a few more rides in while everyone else was busy trying to stake out a spot along the harbor. We mostly lucked out on weather but the ability to run back up to the room to grab an umbrella or drop off layers if it got too warm was also a very nice perk and with a private entrance literally inside the park it only took minutes.

Was staying at Miracosta expensive? Absolutely! Do we think it was worth it? For us it absolutely was.

I did Miracosta in 2016 and loved it. It's a beautiful hotel. I'm glad I had the experience.

I will be visiting TDL in April and booked at the Disneyland hotel instead. Price was much better, especially on hotels.com.

Ultimately I don't think there is a big difference between the two except that you're closer to TDS by staying at Mira.

We’re like you where we stay from rope drop to close and we ended up booking 6 nights at the Hilton. It just made more sense for us to spend our money somewhere else and we were able to use Hilton points for our room instead. We’re going early June too

Haley R, when are you going? I bit the bullet...4 nights at Miracosta! I am really excited! I started to feel like I would regret missing the opportunity to stay inside a Disney park, and like some of you mentioned, this is a once in a lifetime trip for us :)

Now, onto the millions of questions I am going to have about park tickets, Early 15, FastPasses, etc...

Haley R, when are you going? I bit the bullet...4 nights at Miracosta! I am really excited! I started to feel like I would regret missing the opportunity to stay inside a Disney park, and like some of you mentioned, this is a once in a lifetime trip for us :)

Now, onto the millions of questions I am going to have about park tickets, Early 15, FastPasses, etc...
We're going to Japan May 27-June 15 and TDL June 9-15. If we were just doing TDL we probably would've done the MiraCosta, but with us paying for 3 weeks of accommodations it just didn't make sense for us. Dh has already talked about going back to Japan and we haven't even left yet lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!