Is Magic Kingdom after hours worth it??

Annaeblake

Earning My Ears
Some friend and I are going to Disney World for a short weekend trip.. we will only be there for two full days and we want to make the most of our trip. The Magic kingdom after hours is available for one of the nights there, and we are trying to decide if it’s worth it?? We can afford it, but we only want to do it if the crowds really are much lower than normal and if it will be worth it. I’d love all opinions!!

We LOVED it! Was absolutely worth the money in my opinion. The night we went every ride was basically walk on, only waited about 5 minutes for Mine Train. I would do it every time I went of it was available.

It’s been two years but we thought it was awesome. Really cool to be there so late with such few people...and ice cream bars.

We did it in September. It was honesty some of the best money we have ever spent on property. All rides we a walk on (this was during the Dorian scare) but the coolest part for us was seeing all of the magic kingdom virtually empty.

We did it in February. I loved it. After navigating a level 10 crowd earlier in the week, I just appreciated the mostly empty streets. We did have 20 minute wait for Big Thunder and SDMT. Otherwise the rides were walk-one that night.

I think the hard ticket events are perfect for short trips and make them a bit more interesting

We absolutely loved the MK after hours. It’s by far the most fun we have had at WDW and totally worth it.

If there is one negative, and the reason we aren’t doing it this year, it is that it kind of messed up our regular park days the day of and the day after.

But I think it would be ideal for short trips! And so much fun!!

Best money I've ever spent at WDW, honestly. I have a picture of me on Splash mountain all by myself!!! 8-)

Like everybody is saying do it ..and least once. We go every time it is offered when we visit.. some times its not offered the dates we go down and we have been with the Mouse over 20 year! This Feb. we are doing the Villains ..at first we were unsure but after reading the reviews on this board and googling the event we are excited.. We are not into the villains but it will be neat to see something different! The castle looks awesome all lit up in blues ,greens & purples ...I guess its more like a party atmosphere... Plus Maleficent the Dragon with fire and all! Same rides are open but Pirates of the Caribbean & Space Mountain there is a little twist in the rides with the Villains. And yes it does cost a little more but hey you cant take it with you!! And dont forget the ice cream treats!!!

Last edited:
We have done it twice. With the exception of the now defunct Club Villain this is the best add in event we have ever been to. Wandering around a basically empty Magic Kingdom and walking in rides for 3 hours was amazing. At one point, we rode BTMRR twice without getting off because NO ONE was waiting to board.

Yes, yes and yes. It’s amazing. Best money spent at WDW. We had a slower night with only about 700 people in all of MK. There’s nothing like it.

Some friend and I are going to Disney World for a short weekend trip.. we will only be there for two full days and we want to make the most of our trip. The Magic kingdom after hours is available for one of the nights there, and we are trying to decide if it’s worth it?? We can afford it, but we only want to do it if the crowds really are much lower than normal and if it will be worth it. I’d love all opinions!!
I have to echo what others have said- this was the most "worth it" extra we have done and we have done quite a few! DO IT! Especially if you have a short trip. There is nothing like just walking on rides, no crowds at all, grabbing an ice cream or popcorn, and just seeing Magic Kingdom in a whole new way. The only ride that had any kind of wait was Mine Train and that was maybe 15 minutes. I plan on doing it again next year.

As others have said... YES!! Especially with a short trip. That way you can use your other days to visit other parks. You can see and do almost everything in one after hours event. We have done the MK and AK ones and both were a ton of fun with low crowds and all we could eat ice cream treats and popcorn. Enjoy.

Most definitely. We did it this past December for the first time, and we are doing it again a week from today :-) Crowds were minimal; we walked on everything. My kiddos were able to ride Space Mountain three times in a row which was a huge hit for them. My hubby and I said we think it might be the only way we visit Magic Kingdom again because it was such an amazingly relaxed experience.

We did it in September. It was honesty some of the best money we have ever spent on property. All rides we a walk on (this was during the Dorian scare) but the coolest part for us was seeing all of the magic kingdom virtually empty.
My daughter does cheer and tumbling, and she absolutely loved being able to cartwheel down the deserted walkways when we did DAH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter