• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it possible to get out of getting my dtr the flu shot?

If somebody is going to force a vaccination on your child they should be willing to take on the responsibility if your kid has an adverse reaction.

Will the preschool sign a waiver. Very unlikely but it may shut them up and let this parent make their own decision.

If somebody is going to force a vaccination on your child they should be willing to take on the responsibility if your kid has an adverse reaction.

Will the preschool sign a waiver. Very unlikely but it may shut them up and let this parent make their own decision.

The preschool is not forcing anything, they are following the regulations set by the state.

I have not read all of the responses so this may have already been mentioned but my son is allergic to eggs so he does not get the flu shot.

As luvsJack mentioned, it's not the preschool's requirement, it's the LAW. So should the preschool break the law?

Even if it was the preschool requiring the shot, they are not forcing the vaccination. Anyone can skip any vaccination they want. They just can't send their kids to preschool. Preschool is not a requirement.

I have not read all of the responses so this may have already been mentioned but my son is allergic to eggs so he does not get the flu shot.
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/general.htm
"Are there some people who should not receive this vaccine?
People who have had a severe (life-threatening) allergy or reaction to a previous flu vaccine should not be vaccinated. People who have an allergy to eating eggs should discuss flu vaccination with their doctor. Many egg-allergic individuals can safely receive influenza vaccine."

Note, I'm not telling you to get your son vaccinated; I'm simply showing that the CDC says he can likely be vaccinated safely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter