Is it me or does it seem...

kaseyC

Mom to 3 lovely Princesses
that sales may be slower for this release than past years. It just doesn't have "book it or else" vibe of past years. :laughing: Seems like most folks had no issues getting through on the phones or the website.

Maybe many are like me, waiting for the release of the rest of the year. I know I'm looking forward to seeing what the Magic and Wonder itineraries look like in the spring and summer of 2012.

It does seem less urgent this year. Last year, I seem to remember multiple instances of people getting the last stateroom of a category or having to book GTY within hours of the reservation desk opening for general bookings.

Maybe the hype over the new ships has died down somewhat ... and, at this point, there aren't any new itineraries that have veteran cruisers scrambling.

Also, there are no new ports just a new ship to book. I'd say when the rest of 2012 opens then the frenzy will be back.

I don't think it's less hype... I think it's more like less cash! :rotfl2: Vacations are taking a back seat to mortgage payments & college tuitions! It's still a scary economy in my opinion.

I also think last year they had more of a lead time between the announcement, and when booking opened. Unless someone is internet savvy or really paying attention on the boards, there is a good chance they do not know that the itineraries are available for booking. I am a Gold CC member, and I have yet to receive an email from DCL letting me know, and I know I am not the only one in that boat.

However, I am glad, since it did make the calling process much easier.

I agree with PP's. Last year had a combination of more lead time, completely new Alaskan and Baltic itineraries and several repos being available. This year, it is basically the same Bahamas and Caribbean itineraries with virtually no lead time between announcement and booking dates.

I agree with PP's. Last year had a combination of more lead time, completely new Alaskan and Baltic itineraries and several repos being available. This year, it is basically the same Bahamas and Caribbean itineraries with virtually no lead time between announcement and booking dates.

Baltic dates were released Oct. 2008, not in 2009. It was Alaska and the Med that was released in 2009.

I'm platinum and still haven't rec'd an email about the dates.

Baltic dates were released Oct. 2008, not in 2009. It was Alaska and the Med that was released in 2009.

I'm platinum and still haven't rec'd an email about the dates.

Oops. You're right. I had forgotten that they did the Baltic this past summer. I do remember the Alaskan frenzy even though prices and deposits were outrageous IMO.

We didn't receive an email either, but my parents (who last cruised in 2006) did receive one!

I agree - less frenzy for sure. I know since they didn't release the entire year or all the itineraries we put off booking. I'm anxiously awaiting Christmas 2012 timeframe.

I called this morning and had no problem getting through an hour after the reservation lines opened, my online ressie I was booking errored out so I had to call to try to retrieve the cabins I wanted. I asked the CM if they were swamped with Fantasy bookings and she told me no, not as they expected to be.

I have to agree, with no new itineraries what is there to get overly excited about? You want a frenzy, announce Hawaii!

There were no Panama Canal, Alaska, or Med itineraries released this time. As mentioned, if Hawaii is an option for 2012, I think that will be very popular, as will an eastern Med itinerary - unless DCL prices it like the Baltic cruises.

I think a lot of people are waiting to hear what the Magic and Wonder are going to be up to for the summer...I know I really want an Eastern Med itinerary. Then you'll see me frenzied!

One indication I see that these cruises aren't selling like they did in the past is that we seem to have no problem with getting the stateroom categories and dining times people want.

Stateroom category availability used to change by the minute on some cruises and first or main dining always seem to be gone in a matter of hours. Even with the Maiden Voyage, with the exception of certain coveted staterooms, there seems to be plenty of availability.

I agree - most people are waiting to see where the ships will be the second half of the year and if DCL announces any of the rumored itineraries I think those will go fast.

I don't think it's less hype... I think it's more like less cash! :rotfl2: Vacations are taking a back seat to mortgage payments & college tuitions! It's still a scary economy in my opinion.

I would guess a combination of this and expanded supply, that being staterooms and parking spacess.... It's a rather worse case senario for DCL but great for guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter