Is it cold now?

lorivegas

Mouseketeer
Oh boy... just saw Fla. is getting a cold front coming in !:crazy2::sad: We are arriving in a few days and of course.. the darn weather channel is talking about unseasonably cold weather moving in !!?? So the nights will definetly be jacket weather and am now wondering if the "water rides" will be out, as im sure the water isnt HEATED on these rides either.?

cgattis

DIS Veteran
Oh no, the water is definitely NOT heated! When we were there three weeks ago, the highs had been in the low to mid 70's for about four days, and I was freezing when I got off Ripsaw Falls late in the afternoon!! If you're staying close though, you can always save them for last, change into some "water clothes," and then hustle back to your hotel and warm up in the hot tub!!

tarheel618

DIS Veteran
Im a little north of Orlando- It was 34 this morning and it is about 58 outside right now. Before this cold front it was in the 50 in the morning and high 70's low 80's in the afternoon- no humidity.

I would probably pack a sweatshirt and at least a pair of jeans. In general these cold snaps don't last for days on end until early spring.

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
I was reading your post and it suddenly hit me that I'm going to be there on Thursday. I'd forgotten! :rotfl: (a girlfriend's trip to run the Wine&Dine Half)

I looked at the weather and it doesn't seem like it's going to last like this. I think I'm going to, just in case, pack some warm things, some sweatshirts and camisoles as an under layer, and warm socks. Maybe a knit hat just in case and I'll have a pair of jeans or two for the flights. That's about all the extra I'll do for possible weather issues.

Water rides when it's colder... We've been there when it's super-cold, and tend to avoid them then. But just sort of cold...go prepared. Bring different clothes to ride in, and do the water rides one right after the other, then change into the warmer clothes.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS