Is Fantasmic Dinner Package worth it?

I will second the Hungry Bear recommendation. Much cheaper, great seats and being able to eat from the regular menu is great for my family.

I thought there was a special menu to order from. If you do the package there, you can do just burgers off the main menu?

Two of our four want to see F! But all of us want to eat lunch at BB. BB has a lunch reservation at the same time both for the package and a regular reservation. Has anyone ever booked 2 and 2 but sat together as a 4-top at BB?

There is a special menu. But you also can order off the regular menu and still pay the Dining Package price.

That's good to know. $30 is obviously a lot to spend on a cheeseburger, but will likely be worth it. I obviously don't know, but my guess is viewing is similar to Illuminations at Epcot but with less space.

This post is from another F! thread with photos showing the view from the HB reserved seating area. Perhaps this will answer your question above.

We were there this week with the Hungry Bear package. My daughter and I both wanted the ribs, but with the onion rings instead of the regular sides. We couldn't do that. We could order the fantasmic menu or regular menu, but not mix the sides and entrees. And the price doesn't change no matter what you order. So we decided she would get the ribs with those sides, and I got the chicken sandwich with onion rings, and we shared...

My family was in the hungry bear section Monday, too!

The line is near Harbour Galley. I don't know what time they let people in because they already had when we got there. I took these photos at 7:15 soon after we got settled, for a 7:45 show.
NPgciIy.jpg

SYKvX6w.jpg

We were happy with our view.

My wife and I just got back from a trip and did BB Fantasmic Dinner. We felt it was well worth the price if you love the show and want an excellent spot to see it from. One thing to note is that we were first in line for seating and sat directly in front against the rail. The night we attended (maybe every night) they put the RBT package guests in the same section and literally the people directly behind us had purchased that package which is somewhere around $25-30 cheaper. So the real question is whether you feel the added cost is worth the butt pad they give you at BB ... Otherwise I would likely do RBT next trip since I believe the dinners are equal in food quality.

... The night we attended (maybe every night) they put the RBT package guests in the same section and literally the people directly behind us had purchased that package which is somewhere around $25-30 cheaper. So the real question is whether you feel the added cost is worth the butt pad they give you at BB ... Otherwise I would likely do RBT next trip since I believe the dinners are equal in food quality.

Did you see the second show? If the reserved sections are not going to be full, the 3 dining package groups are often put together for the second show. I have not heard that this is done for the first show. When the groups are put together, BB should be allowed in first to get forst pick of the seating area. Then RBT. Then HB. (And BB will still be the only group to have cushions for either show.) When we've done the dining package for any of the 3 restaurants for the first show, we've always been seated separately. For the second show, it all depends on how fully booked the sections are. During peak holiday season last year, we were not put together for the second show because the reserved areas were fairly full on their own.

Did you see the second show? If the reserved sections are not going to be full, the 3 dining package groups are often put together for the second show. I have not heard that this is done for the first show. When the groups are put together, BB should be allowed in first to get forst pick of the seating area. Then RBT. Then HB. (And BB will still be the only group to have cushions for either show.) When we've done the dining package for any of the 3 restaurants for the first show, we've always been seated separately. For the second show, it all depends on how fully booked the sections are. During peak holiday season last year, we were not put together for the second show because the reserved areas were fairly full on their own.

First show at 9pm last Saturday (June 9th). We were allowed into the section first and then RBT, however very few guests line-up on time and they take the groups immediately at 8pm. So if you purchased BB and are late you will end up behind RBT.

First show at 9pm last Saturday (June 9th). We were allowed into the section first and then RBT, however very few guests line-up on time and they take the groups immediately at 8pm. So if you purchased BB and are late you will end up behind RBT.

Wow.. that is very interesting. I too assumed it must have been for the 2nd show as I'd read of that happening a lot.
I would not be impressed at all to pay the premium price at BB and then find they let everyone in that section.
The 2 times I've done the BB package for the 1st show the dining sections have always been separated.
Good to know for future reference - thanks for posting.

Very interesting development! So F! management is toying with the dining package set up again. Hmmmm... wonder why. Thank you for reporting this. If anyone else out there experiences something similar or any other changes with the packages, please report back to let others know.

Yes because sitting is worth it for a show that long. But, the hungry bear package would be sufficient.

Very interesting development! So F! management is toying with the dining package set up again. Hmmmm... wonder why. Thank you for reporting this. If anyone else out there experiences something similar or any other changes with the packages, please report back to let others know.

No problem... we joked with the couple behind us most of the evening about our $30 seat cushion up-charge. They were wishing they had one by the end of the show though.

If we stay for fantastic again, we're doing the River Belle package where you get to sit in actual chairs. I didn't know that was an option, so we just did the regular river belle package, which is a great view and gets you a seat, but it's still uncomfortable. I had tried to get BB, but it was either sold out or they didn't have reservations available yet. But I am for sure done with standing for shows or sitting on the ground. So when I say the hungry bear package is sufficient, I mean it's sufficient if you've never seen it before and don't know if better seating would be a waste of money or not.

If we stay for fantastic again, we're doing the River Belle package where you get to sit in actual chairs. I didn't know that was an option, so we just did the regular river belle package, which is a great view and gets you a seat, but it's still uncomfortable. I had tried to get BB, but it was either sold out or they didn't have reservations available yet. But I am for sure done with standing for shows or sitting on the ground. So when I say the hungry bear package is sufficient, I mean it's sufficient if you've never seen it before and don't know if better seating would be a waste of money or not.

I'm with you! I won't see Fantasmic again sitting on the ground or standing. I'll do the RBT package if I want to see it. It's not a must see for me every trip as I've seen it so many times. I just can't sit on that hard concrete for an hour and then through the show anymore - I'm too old :)

I'm with you! I won't see Fantasmic again sitting on the ground or standing. I'll do the RBT package if I want to see it. It's not a must see for me every trip as I've seen it so many times. I just can't sit on that hard concrete for an hour and then through the show anymore - I'm too old :)

This is what we're doing and why we're doing it. My mom is getting to the point where she simply cannot sit on the ground for an extended period of time. So for us, its worth it to pay for the seat. Granted we can't afford to do it for WOC and Fantasmic the same trip but thats fine with us. Even for the parades we stake out a bench or something similar to sit on so she doesn't have to sit on the ground.

Dumb question: I can only book for a F! dining package either by calling or through the desktop site and NOT on the app, right?
i'm 61 days out and I can't seem to find any dining packages bookable on the mobile app!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter