Is Disneyland not gonna let characters sign autographs during meet and greets anymore?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Has Disneyland made a new rule that characters cannot sign autographs anymore during meet and greets now? Because with the news that Moon Knight and Scarlet Witch and America Chavez do not sign autographs during their meet and greets I wonder if this is a new protocol Disneyland has made for characters to follow now and it shocks me that this is gonna be the new style of character meet and greets at Disneyland now? Because it used to be that for characters such as Buzz Lightyear and Wreck-It Ralph that couldn't hold a pen the characters would stamp their name in the autograph books with a personal name stamp. I think this new rule means the end of autographs and I think Disneyland is gonna start giving the autographs a fresh new look with updated changes. Even my father thinks it's so weird that Moon Knight cannot do autographs in his meet and greets but the other heroes such as Black Panther and Captain America can as well as Mickey and Minnie and the Princesses. Why I think Disneyland did this new rule for character meet and greets is just what I have saying all along is that I think Disneyland is gonna begin charging money for character autographs but photos with characters and to hug and talk to them will be free of charge
What do you think of this?
Dodger

What I think Disneyland should do is to have signs advertising characters that cannot sign autographs but take photos and the signs would say this "THIS CHARACTER IS FOR PHOTOS ONLY AND CONVERSATION FOR A LIST OF PHOTO AND AUTOGRAPH CHARACTERS PLEASE SEE CAST MEMBER FOR MORE DETAILS" and it would be easy for people to identify what characters can sign autographs and which characters can't sign autographs. Because I think it's more than a new rule that Disneyland has made to the characters who want to meet and greet but can't sign autographs it's a way of Disneyland trying to get the characters to do more interactive things with guest like shake hands high five hug and more. A simple solution Disneyland could do with the characters that can't sign autographs is to redesign the character costumes with the arms to have hand grips similar to what special needs children use in school to help with their hand grasping exercises and what athletes use to hold heavy weights and it would make them hold a pen and autograph book easily and it would make Disneyland a lot of money if they made changes to the character costumes for the actors. I think why they started to do this with Moon Knight and Scarlet Witch and America Chavez was so Disneyland wants to speed up meet and greets so more people can have more time to say hello and get a hug and a photo much faster

I also think that this is gonna be the new image of Disneyland character meet and greets because of the rule that some characters cannot sign autographs and Disneyland is planning to do major changes to character autographs and meet and greets and why I think Disneyland made this rule was as I mentioned in my opening post a fast and speedy way for characters to meet people for photos interactions hugs and to say a quick "hello" because I think Disneyland tries to rush the characters so they can get ready to perform in shows and parades. I know this because when my family went to Disneyland during Christmas 1998 and my mom and I saw Princess Aurora heading to the parade and I was very lucky to get her autograph but soon after a whole line of people started handing their autograph books but Princess Aurora was no longer giving autographs or meet and greets because of the parade and so I was the only one who got lucky. But I also think Disneyland is gonna make new rules for characters and autographs and these rules would be these,
1. Characters may sign autograph books only and nothing else "this includes items like arm/leg casts plushies diaries and baseball caps and clothing
2. If you want a special item signed such as a plushie or poster by a character you can get special permission from a cast member and he/she will tell the character to sign it before you meet that certain character
I think these rules would work and they should have the non autograph characters such as Moon Knight and Buzz Lightyear hand out baseball card styled trading cards instead

Not all Face characters sign autographs; that's the way it's always been. Princesses and villains (when those have been face characters) have signed autographs.
The Marvel ones - not so much.

I was discussing this topic with my mom and Mom thinks that Disneyland should've never done this to character meet and greets because she sees it as a fast way for families to meet certain characters because some kids just want to talk to characters and have a photo with them and so I think Disneyland redesigned character meet and greets with this new image. Mom also thinks that Disneyland should rename the character meet and greets like for Moon Knight and America Chavez and Wreck It Ralph and other non autograph character meet and greets as Picture And Greets. Because I think ever since the pandemic began and even before the pandemic started I think Disneyland was planning to do changes to character meet and greets and non autograph characters were part of this change. Because can you imagine having your son or your daughter wanting to meet Buzz Lightyear or America Chavez only to be told they can't sign autographs and are for photos only? If I was a parent I would be shocked at this rule. As I mentioned in my recent post I think Disneyland has a habit and likes to rush characters so they can be ready for parades and shows and they need to quit this habit and make changes to the character costumes so non autograph characters be able to sign autographs and become autograph characters and that would make Disneyland a ton of money indeed

What I think this also means is that we are seeing the start of a new image of character meet and greets at Disneyland and they have been working to improve the character meet and greets for a long time. Starting with the no autographs rule that Disneyland had during the pandemic I think they were trying to experiment with changes to meet and greets with characters to help speed up the process and so when Disneyland brought back character autographs to character meet and greets this was the beginning of a new style of meet and greets with characters. And I think starting with Moon Knight and Scarlet Witch "Wanda" and America Chavez's character meet and greets people were disappointed that these three characters couldn't sign autographs when they debuted. As I mentioned in my earlier post Disneyland used to let characters that couldn't sign autographs stamp their autograph in the autograph books. And what I think as I also mentioned in my earlier post Disneyland is gonna start referring to these types of character meet and greets as Picture and Greets. What I think is we will start seeing a lot of these types of character meet and greets because they are a simple way for kids to get a picture and just say "hello" and get a hug from a character rather than an autograph. Because for some kids getting character autographs and photos with characters is a hobby but for many parents they see character meet and greets and autographs sometimes as an annoying pain. I hope when Ms. Marvel makes her Avengers Campus debut Disneyland will let her sign autographs along with photos at her meet and greet when she debuts. But I think the main reason for this change is to save money and time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter