Is DDP worth it if I am DVC and AP holder?

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
I am going to WDW for the Wine and Dine in November with a friend and my 2 grown daughters. I am trying to decide if the DDP is worth it for us.

I like the ease of the DDP, but not sure if it's worth the cost. We are going with no children and plan to eat at table service a lot. We don't do that when taking the littles.

I haven't sat down and done the math yet. Hoping someone else has done it and can tell me their thoughts.

You really have to do the math yourself after you decide where you want to eat. I make my adrs and then do the math figuring out what I think my family will order. For us , ddp usually doesn't work. I'm getting the dxddp next month to share amongst family members but that's an unusual use of ddp.

I am going to WDW for the Wine and Dine in November with a friend and my 2 grown daughters. I am trying to decide if the DDP is worth it for us.

I like the ease of the DDP, but not sure if it's worth the cost. We are going with no children and plan to eat at table service a lot. We don't do that when taking the littles.

I haven't sat down and done the math yet. Hoping someone else has done it and can tell me their thoughts.

The one thing that MIGHT make it worth it is how many of the snack plates you think you'll enjoy at F&W. Most of the food is a snack credit, and with two snacks per person per night, you can eat a lot of snacks. However, if you do too many meals there, you'll have meal credits left over, and that's not a good thing. Last year, you could use a QS meal for 3 snacks at the same kiosk, but we've had one confirmed report that you can only get 2 snacks for a QS meal with the 2017 changes. That would NOT be a good value for a QS meal. Since you have time, I'd keep an eye/hear out for how the QS to snack exchange plays out through the year. If it remains at 3, then the DDP could still be a good value.

For us it doesn't, I'm a picky eater and usually get the cheapest thing on the menu. Especially at restaurants with the 20% discount, it doesn't make sense for us. But if you're eating at a buffet then it probably is.

As an AP holder, if you're doing lots of TS, look at TiW instead. We've run the math a ton of times and it's a better value.

This year, with the AP discounts, just using those has made TiW make sense... so it will depend on the dates of your trip.

My friend and I used a TIW card in December. We mostly chose signature TS restaurants, did no CS. We did snack around the World. I did nto keep track, but we did buy wine and cocktails so our savings did add up,

I think you need to look at what you wil be eating. I do not think you can trade CS credits in for snack credits at teh kiosks, so you would need to use your "normal" snacks for those. It is all in your math.

I do not think you can trade CS credits in for snack credits at teh kiosks, so you would need to use your "normal" snacks for those

It has been allowed for the past two years, but with the change to just entree and drink for a QS credit, and one report of only getting 2 snacks per exchange, it's not a very good value.

It has been allowed for the past two years, but with the change to just entree and drink for a QS credit, and one report of only getting 2 snacks per exchange, it's not a very good value.

I did not have the DDP the last time I was there for F&W so I did not know you could exchange.

You'll need to do the math. I think the crux will be the AP dining discount vs the value of using snacks at F&W. With 2 snacks a day now, you can get a lot of value if you do high dollar items at F&W.

I just did 3 snacks for QS credits, but you have to use all 3 at once. If you only use 1 or 2 it is still a QS Credit

I just did 3 snacks for QS credits, but you have to use all 3 at once. If you only use 1 or 2 it is still a QS Credit

True. My DS and DDIL like those bags of candy and trail mix to take home, so if they have one credit to use, they will trade it in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter