Is Chef Art Smith's Homecoming good?

Here are some photos from our trip in August! If you needed more convincing :)View attachment 277081 View attachment 277082 View attachment 277083 View attachment 277084

This is making me so hungry!

We LOVED Homecomin'. We had the deviled eggs to start - they were pretty good but a bit too salty. We then had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and mac & cheese. So delicious. I'm from the South and have eaten a lot of fried chicken in my life but this was absolutely the best. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert, but when we go next time I'm going to make sure to save some room. The drinks were very good also.

It's fine but not a place I would recommend. They don't have a lot of light foods there--lots of fried things, ham, bacon, potatoes, gravy. . .you get the picture. While my chicken was undeniably juicy, the batter had a slight sweetness to it I found annoying, and to top it off, they sprinkled it with powdered sugar. I'm sure in some parts of the South, that's a thing, but not the states where I've lived and visited, so I wasn't a fan. The mashed potatoes were solid with a lumpy texture (which I prefer); however, the gravy is quite heavy and glommed onto the potatoes rather than run over them. One of them, I think the gravy, also had bacon which is totally unnecessary if the potatoes and gravy are done properly. The deviled eggs were mostly, as others mentioned, bland. Of the six eggs, two had an appropriate amount of sass (for lack of a better term), while the other four were boring. We also tried the fries, and while again not bad, they lacked character--they were on the level of freshly made Wendy's fries only more expensive. I will say my Basil Bourbon drink was exceptional. Overall, a solid meal but not a great one, thus not an experience (for the price) that we'll do again any time soon.

I really, really liked the fried chicken, some of the best I have ever had.

However the menu is very starch heavy. Kind of hard to incorporate some "greens"

So kind of hard to recommend.

We have dined Here twice and loved it both times. We dined here a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it as much as the first time. We started with an order of deviled eggs and than ordered the fried chicken with a side of mac & cheese. Outstanding service throughout our dinner. This is our new favorite at Disney Springs.

I've been trying since 178 days to get an ADR for our arrival day in January. Haven't gotten a single text from 2 reservation finders. Is there a trick for this? I'll check again at 30 days and 48-24 hours. Do they accept walk ups? Eating at the bar? Anything?

I've been trying since 178 days to get an ADR for our arrival day in January. Haven't gotten a single text from 2 reservation finders. Is there a trick for this? I'll check again at 30 days and 48-24 hours. Do they accept walk ups? Eating at the bar? Anything?

That's very interesting, they have tons of openings the week of Christmas when we are going. Could be a glitch in the system? I would call Disney Dining to try and get a reservation.

I really enjoy the fried green tomatoes appetizer and a sandwich with the mac n cheese side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter