Is April a good time for DLP?

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
Having been back just about 3 weeks I am craving to go back. It seems like a lifetime ago that we went, and I so want to go back right now :) I feel we missed loads as the heat really drained us - we are complete heat wimps :rotfl:

We said when we came back that we'd try to book for October, but pennies are not stretching as there's quite a bit to do at home.

So we are thinking of April next year. It will be during the first or second week, and I just wondered about weather, crowds etc - as I know a lot of the schools have their holidays at the beginning of April, including ours.

We were there in April a number of years ago, but I cannot remember much about it, and as we were at the DLH, and I was preggers at the time, my memory has more or less blanked it out :confused3

Hopefully if we hold off a while some offers will appear :rolleyes1

Any ideas very much appreciated - thanks

We went the second week of Easter and it was very busy. Also the parks closed quite early which surprised me (around 7/ 8pm).

Having said that, the weather was perfect. T-shirt hot but not stifling in any way...although I think we were very lucky. We had the odd shower on our final day only but did not let that hold us back. The blossoms in the parks were just amazing!

If you could go in April but miss Easter I would say it would be perfect!

We've been the last two April's and loved it. The weather has been great, the parks not too busy and it's just a lovely time to be there. This year we were there just a day or two before Mickey's Magical Party was officially launched but we got to see soft openings of the new shows etc and didn't feel we missed out on anything. We're going back in a couple of months so will see the new season in full then.

We've been in April and had a great time!!! It was the week before Easter, the weather was ok-ish, nice at times, rained a little but we still had a great time!!!:)

We have been during Easter holidays for the last 2 years. Last year we had snow! This year was much better - tshirt weather. We went on Easter Monday for 4 days.
I agree that the place looks very pretty in bloom, but it does close earlyish.

By closing early do you mean 7pm or 8pm?

I don't mind that, as I'm usually knackered by then anyway :rotfl::rotfl:

Do you still get EMH in the morning, or is it sometimes in the evening?

Yeah I think 7pm is early. I love to do mornings in parks, then have a break and return after dinner. I think maybe they open later in the summer though?

From early July till 31st August the Disneyland Park opens till 11.00pm and includes the fireworks and Fantillusion Parade, the Studio's close at 7.00 :thumbsup2 EMH takes place between 8-10am which makes an incredibly long long day........

I think they should do what they do in the States and open the parks after hours off peak instead of the mornings though :)

We went in April 2008 and had a fantastic time! Theres a link to my TR in my Signature if you want to have a look- Should give you an idea of crowd levels, etc. :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxoxxo

We are thinking of going next april, this was meant to coincide with ys 5 birthday but due to dh leave dates it will be the week before. the 6th to the 8th. We will probably stay at the npb in an admiral room as we want to make it as special as poss but can't afford the dlh. Any advice on the best way to attack the parks would be grateful. ds also has food allergies (gluten. wheat and dairy) and I remember reading somewhere that you can request special meals but can't remember how to go about this. Will be travelling by eurostar. Was also thinking of booking a character breakfast and dinner for him. Do you think this would be worth it. Was going to book the birthday afternoon tea, but as it is cakes and pastries he wouldn't be able to eat them. From what i can gather the park closes at 7 and you don't hae the fireworks or lit parade, is this right?. This will be my first visit to disney and as we are keeping it secret from ds, I am really excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter