• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Anyone Else Mortified?

It could do a lot of damage to there theme park toatls. It would put a dent in it.

I think it would take a lot more for the vast majority of people to stop going. Or at least enough for there to be a significant cut in profits due to it that would cause Disney to think about it.

No... I will not boycott Disney.

Honestly, they have not out priced me as of yet.

You would have to have a LOT of people stop showing up for them to feel it. More then those who post here. If YOU don't want to go, that is fine.
I was talking about the people on here who disney have priced out. They haven't priced me out either and when they do I will stop going then I can start to complain about the ticket prices. With that being said Like I was saying before if your going to complain about the prices going up then don't come on here complain about it. Because it does know good what's so ever. The only way anything is going to change and the prices go down is for disney to feel it. Meaning people stop going because they have been priced out and can't afford it anymore.

Donald...nothing wrong with complaining and still going. I love Miracle Whip, I used to be able to get it for $2.50, now it's almost $4.50. I still love it. I still buy it (but not as much) and I complain about how much it's gone up. You can love something and complain about it. This way maybe with the next price hike if everyone does stop going Disney can't say..."What? You didn't like the ticket increases? Why didn't you say something? We had no idea!" ;)
If your going to complain about the prices going up and still buying disney tickets then that's your own fault. Then you will still keep on buying the tickets and Disney will keep on raising the prices intill they price you out so then you can't go like a lot of people then how would you feel. With the whole miracle whip thing that is because of gas prices are going through the ROOF and the goverment won't take action to lower the prices and so they have to charge more for food. By the way food is a little bit differnet then Disney tickets.

$650 is a lot of money and almost $500 dollars for a deluxe. It also makes me a tad nervous. I know that a raise for WDW tickets is coming but now how much will it be raised. I'm in a wait and see mode. My pass is still good for now but when it expires who knows. I will look at the price and see if it is worth it to me.

As for the souvenirs I know guests who go to Disney World and do not purchase souvenirs or rarely do. Most of the them state that they simply don't need them or want them. I am not one of these people but I do see where they are coming from. The thin cheap t-shirts for example. (which I have not purchased in years.)

Like Wayne on the podcast I would like to see the research for the ticket raising.

I guess it makes a little more sense to me now that I understand that it is the DL annual pass that went up the most. Still sorry to those of you that use that ticket. :wizard:

If the WDW multi-day tickets go up too much I will still go ( if I can afford it) but Disney will get a lot less of my money. I will start staying and eating off site ( I normally do both on site.) so in the end that ticket cost increase will be a revenue loss to their hotel and dinning segments.

DLR crowds got out of control when they went to the monthly payment plan. I long for the old days when there were actually some nice and quiet days you could spend at the park during the slow season. That all changed when they went to the monthly plan. But with this price increase, my officemate and her family will not be renewing their passes this year. So they just lost 7 premium passes. I get Premier, and it's still cheaper than buying the separate APs on both coasts. That's what I was doing before the Premier came out. I'm hoping for thinner crowds, but it may be a year or more (allowing for some of the Carsland hoopla to die down) before I see the effect.

DLR crowds got out of control when they went to the monthly payment plan. I long for the old days when there were actually some nice and quiet days you could spend at the park during the slow season. That all changed when they went to the monthly plan. But with this price increase, my officemate and her family will not be renewing their passes this year. So they just lost 7 premium passes. I get Premier, and it's still cheaper than buying the separate APs on both coasts. That's what I was doing before the Premier came out. I'm hoping for thinner crowds, but it may be a year or more (allowing for some of the Carsland hoopla to die down) before I see the effect.

Agreed!! If Disney eliminated the So Cal passes AND the Monthly Payment Plan, you would see a thinning of the masses. Even with the price skyrocketed though, I don't see a thinning of crowds due to that Monthly Payment Plan.

I totally agree, I can't imagine going to WDW and not buying anything, but I suppose if I lived in Orlando and went, let's say a couple times a month, yeah, eventually I'd stop buying, how much stuff can you have? I think at DL the majority of AP holders are local, local, close by and they probably do stop by for a few hours and leave without spending anything. I used to have an season pass to Cedar Point and there were times I went and didn't spend a dime.

I live here in Orlando and I go often without spending a dime. Most of my trips are for a couple of hours, it's rare that I spend a full day unless I have company in town. I'll be going over for SW weekend and will part with some $ that day, but that's a holiday for me.

However, most of the reason I don't buy is about the drop in quality. I used to buy t-shirts, but the quality of Disney T's has gone so far downhill that I just won't spend the money on them. Frankly, most of the merchandise has become so homogenized that it's not interesting anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter