Is anyone considering postponing a trip?

I was just there with a friend for a girls’ trip from 12/13-12/18, and I cancelled our family trip for February vacation when I got home. I’m concerned about the rising cases, and I had some family members at home test positive while I was in WDW which absolutely made it feel very real when I had to face all the potential issues and concerns with traveling right now. Even though my family is all vaxxed (and boosted for those eligible), I’m going back to driving trips closer to home for the time being.

Fortunately I have continued to test negative many times at this point, and I’m far enough out now from my WDW trip and any exposures that I can say I’m in the clear from those situations. I just don’t want to deal with the stress of that again.

We have a Disney Wish cruise booked in August, and I’ll use the tickets from February to add park days before or after the cruise…..assuming things work out to go ahead with those plans. I’ve learned you never have any idea how the world is going to look at any point!

Last edited:
I've been on the fence for the past few weeks about our trip next week after cancelling September trip. Leaning strongly toward going.

Pre-Covid, we were AP holders with 3 trips per year. We have been postponing since Covid, but not b/c of Covid. I am no longer concerned about the risks. I am frustrated with the additional planning, crowd levels, added expense and lack of all attractions. Mostly, I am disinterested in returning as I continually read that most people are reporting back from their trip with an overall negative experience. I will return when the majority of trips reports on these boards are once again positive.

It's hard to be annoyed about pent up demand crowding the parks, but it's certainly a reasonable consideration when spending our time and money!

We have a tentative 6 person trip in Mid Feb (our grown kids + SOs). We tried to do this 2 years ago but their busy schedules conflicted (they are all at the marrying age and seem to be constantly attending bachelor/bachelorette trips or the weddings) and we went by ourselves since we wanted to go when it was still cold at home. I feel like I want to move this trip because of Covid concerns and having to pay the balance before too long (when I'm sure case rates will still be high). We've probably only dined indoors less than 10 times since this all started and we'd like to feel comfortable doing so at WDW....which we won't in Feb.

Anyway, we had to delay our xmas gathering because of a breakthrough case, but we'll be gathering (after rapid tests) tomorrow night and will hopefully broach the subject of postponing. The next challenge is to find another long weekend where 6 adults can get away!

I won't be postponing because DVC points will go into holding. I'm boosted but I might not bring along my mother (also boosted but 86 yo). It's not until end of January though.
We're in the same boat - DVC and have 7 days at BLT in late Jan. would like to push it forward to March, but tough to find availability and have an April use year. Not sure if we could rent it out at this late date either.

Just got back on Dec 26 from an 8 day Universal/Disney trip. We are all vaxxed and boosted and wore N95s inside and when the crowds got thick outside. All four of us tested positive this week. Two asymptomatic and two with mild cold symptoms.
I stayed home and the same thing happened to me (I'm also boosted). At least symptoms (if you can even call them that) were less than a mild cold. This is spreading like crazy and no wonder as so many have no symptoms.

Just got back on Dec 26 from an 8 day Universal/Disney trip. We are all vaxxed and boosted and wore N95s inside and when the crowds got thick outside. All four of us tested positive this week. Two asymptomatic and two with mild cold symptoms.

I tested positive maybe a month before I went and I’m from New York City almost all of my family even my one year old son tested positive. We all bounced back, which most people are now. I get if people are scared but you can only insulate yourself for so long

Annual passholder here. I pulled the plug on my planned mid-January trip. I scheduled a new trip for mid-February, hoping that the Covid spikes and airline issues have settled down by then. I will evaluate my situation for that trip late in January.

We were in the parks December 19-22. 3 of the 4 of us now positive, and the 4th is probably only a matter of time. We took similar precautions - N95s, no indoor dining/shows. All vaccinated.

I think people who are visiting in the near future need to assume they will come home with Covid and make sure they can live with that outcome. If not, it’s not the time to go.

We were at Disney from December 18 to 23. Adults are boosted. Kids are vaccinated, but not eligible for boosters yet. We all wore KN95 masks diligently at all times, even outdoors. But we did do quite a bit of indoor dining--where, obviously, you can't wear a mask. We all tested negative upon our return (PCR tests, so hopefully more reliable), and none of us have had any symptoms. So it seems like we got lucky. I was very apprehensive about going, but decided that, after canceling twice, we were ready to assume the risk and get on with our lives. We had a very good time, but the experience is definitely less magical during the pandemic. And when you add in the fear of Covid, it really does diminish the joy. No regrets on our part. But I do think it's wise to assume that you will get the virus, and make sure that you are okay with that likelihood before proceeding.

I stayed home and the same thing happened to me (I'm also boosted). At least symptoms (if you can even call them that) were less than a mild cold. This is spreading like crazy and no wonder as so many have no symptoms.
Positive after a work trip (first in almost 2 years) on Dec 23rd; son is positive. Daughter in healthcare appears to be positive too. We are all vaccinated, and I am boosted. Mild symptoms for me, my son has it a bit worse.

Covid is everywhere. I know folks coming down for the marathon - sounds like a Covid event to me.

23 days until I go to WDW for the 4th time during the Pandemic. We know it’s high risk - all adults, fully vaxxed & boosted this month. We did take the extra precaution and got insurance in case we test positive before flying home (Canada) and have to isolate.
I was last in Orlando towards the end of the Delta wave in September. Hopefully Orlando is spiking now and will be on the downward in a few weeks.
We will take precautions and hope for the best…but we’re still going.

supposed to go for a long weekend in 2 weeks. Thinking maybe to cancel. Although its spiking everywhere and I am getting exposed daily at work.

I tested positive maybe a month before I went and I’m from New York City almost all of my family even my one year old son tested positive. We all bounced back, which most people are now. I get if people are scared but you can only insulate yourself for so long

It's not just that, it's logistics of everyone's trip/travel plans and what might happen if you arrive and realize you aren't feeling well or test positive. At this point you could be exposed before you leave and realize your are positive while there, etc.

For us (mid Feb trip with 6 adults) we had our late xmas gift exchange (1 person had a breakthrough case to we couldn't be together) and have agreed to push our Feb trip out until Mar/April/May and will be comparing schedules to find a suitable time. There were various reasons to postpone but for some of us it was certainly the prospect of traveling (and spending a LOT of money) and getting sick WHILE traveling. That's been my overriding concern about ANY trip I've taken since this started.

Last edited:
I just pushed my trip back two weeks from mid-January to February. I'm DVC with a use year of March 1 so I would have lost my points if I flat out cancelled. I'm actually surprised that I found availability and was able to change the trip.

I just pushed my trip back two weeks from mid-January to February. I'm DVC with a use year of March 1 so I would have lost my points if I flat out cancelled. I'm actually surprised that I found availability and was able to change the trip.
I've been watching DVC inventory and a LOT has been opening up for February. Seems like canceling/suspending trips is becoming commonplace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter