Is any bag.....

ditto the baggallini messenger bag- i finally got one and took it with me the last DLand trip in Oct and I loved it- DH even wore it (I had a black one)

I do the fanny pack thing. I tried a small backpack but got tired of taking it on and off everytime I wanted to get inside it. I have a large eddie bauer fanny pack that holds two water bottles and has a shoulder strap as well. I just can't find anything else that works as well for travel, so I have given up fashion for convience. My dd 6 picked out a fanny pack at DL and loves it also.

I totally agree fashion does not count at DL. I just have gone to what i can fit in pockets because with my fibromyalgia, even a fannypack at the end of the day causes muscle strain. If a FP works for you.....wear it without a thought ;)

I didn't want to do the fanny pack, either. But then I remembered....I'm old now. I'm allowed to look like somebody's mom! LOL My sister was teasing me that I was bringing a fanny pack, so I took a picture of me with it on, just for her.

I bought a messenger bag at Old Navy this summer that I used for the camcorder, and whatever other things we picked up that day. It worked out really well.

I have a Messenger style diaper bag, and for me, after about 6 days of theme parking it, my back was DONE. I could take NO more. Of course, I am incredibly out of shape, and the hotel bed was as hard as sleeping on the floor. Not to mention all the snacks, diapers, wipes, juices, sippys, toys, extra clothes,and nookies I had to carry around, That didnt help matters much. But I could switch sides with it and It was nice that it wasnt on my back. I always get freaked out with backpacks, Im always afraid that someone will try to break into it, steal my wallet or something.

I too bring a Camelbak. My girls carry their own too and we don't have any complaints (though we do get TONS of people asking where I got theirs LOL).

Next best choice, I agree. A nice sporty messanger bag.

And last choice...one of the fanny packs that is less 'Middle America' and more 'I just used this 'sports bag' on my 10 mile hike yesterday'.

Crisis averted, ladies. Very Bradley has a bag for every occasion! DD has a tiny bag with a very long strap that will cross over my shoulder. DD and DH said it looked way better than the fanny pack although DD checked to make sure I wasn't making HER wear the FP. It won't hold a water bottle though, unless maybe I can find a teeny tiny one. But being so small it won't weigh down on my neck, so I should come throught he vacation with only sore feet. (no separate pocket for fast passes though.....I'm going to have to think that one through!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapperKimmyD

So, do you feel like you need to change shoulders at some point in the day with the messenger kind or is it okay?

rosiep said:
Good question. I'm curious too.

I never did. Because of the way the bag is designed, the weight isn't really on your shoulder the way it is with a purse or tote bag. And the baggallini is small enough that you can't weigh it down too much. I did take it off for meals, so there were breaks throughout the day.

I went in the AAA store today and they had exactly what I would have gotten if not the Vera Bradley find in DD's room. It is the mini Bagallini or something like that. Thin strap over the shoulder, inside zip pouches, flat. Only thing it wouldn't have held was sunglasses or water but it would have reat on tickets and cards.

doombuggy said:
I bought a Travelon bag from QVC about a month before I went to DL in August.
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail

Thanks for the info on the Travelon bag :grouphug: :sunny: I found the messenger style at the Samsonite store today :woohoo: . It's perfect size, with an expandable middle comparment where I can keep my camera and the cell phone pocket on the strap.

I always use my black Travelon bag from QVC. I hardly notice it's there and it holds camera, wallet, camcorder, bandaids etc. Have always found it to feel very comfortable and very secure.

I'm rather proud of the fact that we carried all of our park essentials in a regular old backpack! At home I carry my purse (umm...not a huge one, but fairly good-sized) and a diaper bag, so I was a bit concerned about being able to get everything into one bag for DL.

We carried DH's wallet, park tickets, coupon booklet; 4-5 diapers, travel pack of diaper wipes + change of clothes for DS2; autograph slips of cardstock and variety of colored clicker Sharpies (but forgot to pack the small clipboard I'd bought for this); the boys' Disney Dollars; snacks; sunscreen, chapstick and handwipes; and still had a bit of room for a few small souvenirs if they were light enough to carry. We left water bottles and sweatshirts in the stroller basket, which thankfully went undisturbed.

The backpack was easy to carry on all the rides, either worn or set down at our feet or beside us on the seat. We did make it a point to buy bigger or heavier items on our way out of the park so we didn't have to carry them around, and that worked out well, just required a bit of backtracking to a shop at times.

Judy from Boise said:
I wear a lanyard for ticket, room key, money, and keep kleenex, lipstick and handlotion in pockets. Thats all I need. What they really need are great cargo shorts for women.....hard to find!

you know what???? Im so retarded...never even thinking about that...my lanyard that I got last year came with a plastic pouch that ziplocks...I could have been doing the same thing you guys do but noooooooooooo I have to carry around a huge bag and take it on every ride with me...sheesh :headache: :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter