Irish Pub @ PI??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
I recall reading that what used to be the Country/Western place at PI (Crazy Horse? Wild Horse? Hobby Horse? something like that) will be converted to an Irish Pub. I remember thinking it would surely be done for our March 2006 trip, but my in-laws are going on Wed. and I'd like to point them in that direction if it's open. Please tell me this is a real project, not just a lucid dream I had featuring what Disney should have. Anyone heard of this?

Bill From PA

DH and I are looking forward to checking this out on our trip this Oct. I thought I heard it is opening this summer. More info is on Deb Will's site. Sounds very interesting!
I recall you were one of the people thinking of trying ME just for luggage, and renting a car. That's what I was thinking of, but I've been reading some of the delayed ME luggage stories on this board and leaning against it. Have you read/heard anything from someone who attempted this?

Thanks for the quick reply on the Pub, frannn. I'll check out the DWILLS site for more info. As for the ME/Baggage only scheme, I'm probably not going to try. I gather that the act of signing in can take some time in itself so that possibility is a negative. It'll be just the two of us arriving at MCO and we do want a grocery stop so I'll go with Tiffany as they were very good to us last March. The driver was waiting for us, name sign in hand, helped us get our bags from the carousel and got us out of the airport quickly. I might have saved a half hour or so shipping the bags via ME, but the risk of delay is greater than the reward.

Bill From PA

On the 24th of this month I was next to the area I assume will be the Irish Pub. (Next to Portobella Yacht Club)
That area is still walled off and there were jackhammer sounds coming from behind the wall.

The last date I saw someone post here was July 17th for opening, but I dont know if that is true. Hope so since we will be there July 22. :goodvibes

It's at PI where the old Jazz Company was (a favorite of mine!) but hasn't opened yet - I don't think it's going to open until later in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter