• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

iPhone Look Up Feature

amcnj

DIS Veteran
I have read several articles saying iPhone iOS 15 has a function called Look Up that can be used to try and identify plants, among other things. They say to go to a photo, press the circled “i” icon, and then select “Look Up”.

I have iOS 15.4.1 and never see this Look Up choice on my screen. Does anyone else know more about this or has had success using this feature?

Thanks.

For me, the i button just shows me when the photo was taken and info about the lens and speed and stuff.

There’s probably an app that would be able to do that for you.

Are you in the US? I believe that feature may only be available in the US at this time. If you open the photo, there should be a i in a circle with two stars instead of the plain i in a circle if there is extra information available. You can find information about it on Apple’s site under iPhone Support, iOS 15.

I haven’t had the special icon come up yet on my iPad. My iPhone is too old. I am looking forward to trying it as well.

Yes, in the US. I guess for some reason my phone just doesn’t support this yet. I have tried another app, with very mixed results, and so wanted to see if this iPhone option was any better.

I had not heard of this.. but I looked at my camera roll real quick and did see that the feature is there. I was holding a cat in the picture and it said look up cat.

I have been using some 3rd party app called Seek that identifies plants and animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter