Interview for Disney Schedule - Field Representative

Jamie Yaniga

DreamJob
Hi! I finally got a response back from Disney for the first time since applying after I graduated college in 2012! I have now 6.5 years of construction experience under my belt and make a 6 figure salary. The job offer for Disney has a salary range of 60-65K. Working for Disney has been a dream job since childhood. I grew up in Miami so our family vacations were to Disney multiple times every year. So I grew to love it and have always dreamed of being an imagineer. I think this is a good way to get my foot in the door but I wanted to get some thoughts from others if this is a good idea to uproot my life (currently living in Washington DC). I love the mountains, seasons, and I have no vacation policy at my current job.... But Disney.... I dont want to regret not giving it a shot.

My sister lives up here with me now and my cousins as well and all are starting families. So this (if an offer is given) will probably be the hardest decision of my life. But I have never been one to think I can't move anywhere. My relationship right now is rocky so moving would also allow for an easier break I think. That shouldn't be a big reason but it's on my mind as well.

Anyone out there make this move to WORK for Disney and how has your experience been? Thoughts on my brief situation?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Now would be the time to do something like that if you are single, but it sounds like a huge pay cut. Maybe the cost of living is cheaper though?? Is your job at Disney in construction? My son is a Construction Management Major and was hoping to get a summer internship at Disney. Unfortunately they only offer them during the regular school year. He actually has one in the DC area this summer instead!

The cost of living is cheaper in terms of home buying. BUT renting a 1 bedroom is not far off. The pay cut is huge and something I wonder if it's worth it... With this salary I can visit Disney enough to get my fill (maybe ha) and still enjoy the northern climates. But a dream job... I have the interview next Wednesday so I would be curious if they do have interest, what would be the next steps and is it possible to visit and see a day in the life. It doesn't seem like Disney performs their interview that way based on forums I have read on past interviews but it's a big move to uproot my life but I dont want to make it seem like that would be a problem if it would hurt my prospects...

As for your son that's awesome! I wish I did the internship when I was in college. I played sports so it would have affected my scholarship. But yea DC is a great area to live. I'm sure he will love living in DC over the summer. What company is he interning for? I worked at Turner Construction for 6.5 years. Great company but recently made a move to a smaller GC in the area.

You might consider getting a job in Central Florida with a firm that would pay more than Disney, closer to the amount you make now. Then you could go to the parks any time you want, have plenty of money to spend on food & drink, and pay for special events that aren't included with your AP. In other words I think most people would be happier making substantially more money and continue to enjoy WDW as a guest. Besides you're going to need all the money you can earn to have a life. Good luck with the interview, I hope it goes well.:)

You might consider getting a job in Central Florida with a firm that would pay more than Disney, closer to the amount you make now. Then you could go to the parks any time you want, have plenty of money to spend on food & drink, and pay for special events that aren't included with your AP. In other words I think most people would be happier making substantially more money and continue to enjoy WDW as a guest. Besides you're going to need all the money you can earn to have a life. Good luck with the interview, I hope it goes well.:)
Hmm yea. It was exciting to think of moving back to Florida but if I can visit as much as i want now then I might as well just stay up here (to enjoy closer things like NYC, mountains, etc) but I'm deff going to take the interview as far as i can and if they invite me down for a tour and the magic overwhelms me, I may not be able to hold back from the new adventure. AND as a fall back, there is always construction companies down there that I could hop back to and like you say, live closer and enjoy it as much as I want while making more money. Thanks for the well wishes!

Personally if it was me I would go for it. I mean you are young and single so it's the perfect time to do it. 65K is still a decent salary. Plus I have learned that money isn't everything.

Hmm yea. It was exciting to think of moving back to Florida but if I can visit as much as i want now then I might as well just stay up here (to enjoy closer things like NYC, mountains, etc) but I'm deff going to take the interview as far as i can and if they invite me down for a tour and the magic overwhelms me, I may not be able to hold back from the new adventure. AND as a fall back, there is always construction companies down there that I could hop back to and like you say, live closer and enjoy it as much as I want while making more money. Thanks for the well wishes!

Disney hires third party general contractors for their construction; they may pay higher wages than Disney, but you’d miss out on the employee perks. It’s definitely worth looking into as a fall back plan. And if you don’t like it you can always move back! You’ll never know until you try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter