Internet Explorer has stopped working...

meeko987

Earning My Ears
I have a new, 3-week old, computer running Windows 8 and the latest Internet Explorer. Every day since I've had this computer, disboards makes Internet Explorer stop working and it shuts down. I would say every 10 minutes or so. I'll just be in the middle of reading a posting when an error message pops up.

I do not have this problem on other sites, and I'm wondering what may be unique to disboards that causes these shutdowns. Any idea of what I might do? Thanks!

I have the same issue and it doesn't matter what computer I am using (newer or older one).

My doesn't "stop working", but if I leave DisBoards open in IE for long periods of time, that page "hangs" and the other pages work VERY slowly until I close IE. Very annoying.

I am having similar issues, for a couple of weeks now, but my fails are coming fast and often, probably every 5 minutes. Seems to be getting worse. I am using Internet Explorer 9. No problems with any other websites.

It freezes, closes. Often I get "A problem with this website has caused the internet explorer to close down" sometimes I get "searching for a solution" but if always ends up closing it. System logs show no threats.

I have turned my laptop on and off. I have cleared all things that can be cleared over and over and over.

Hoping someone figures it out -- otherwise no DIS at work for me. It's too frustrating. (And it works at home on my iPad just fine.)

Win 7 and IE8 at work, win 7 IE10 at home ... same issues on both machines. My best guess is that it may have something to do with the flash content (advertisements) and flash 11.8 active x plugin for IE. Not seeing the issue on Firefox, and I think I started seeing the issue when Flash was updated to 11.8. If folks are seeing the issue and are running an ealier version of Flash, then my theory doesn't hold though.

At home on my laptop, I have Internet explorer 10 & it is continually giving me the same error.

Yesterday on my work computer (during my lunch break), it was doing the same thing also----------- very annoying.......

Same here. At first it was work computer, then home, too. Worse on the Community Board. I think it may be related to the ad problem someone mentioned in a different post.

I have a new, 3-week old, computer running Windows 8 and the latest Internet Explorer. Every day since I've had this computer, disboards makes Internet Explorer stop working and it shuts down. I would say every 10 minutes or so. I'll just be in the middle of reading a posting when an error message pops up.

I do not have this problem on other sites, and I'm wondering what may be unique to disboards that causes these shutdowns. Any idea of what I might do? Thanks!

No idea on how to fix it. I've had the same thing happen to me, and now IE has stopped working altogether on my Dell laptop that has Windows 8 on it.

I am having the same issue. It seems like it gets worse each day. I have a dell with windows 8. It only does this when I am on Disboards. Getting to the point where I will not be able to get on at all. Hope someone can fix it or let us know how to fix it. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!