International travel restrictions

ok I'll ask you then, do you agree with this part of the article I'm upset about?
View attachment 489305
CPP apparently refers to calling the virus Chinese Communist Party Virus and I find that extremely offensive and troubling if it's in fact connected to the Pentagon. That's why I was questioning the article.

if your cousin agrees with the fact that the Travel ban has been extended I'm happy about that! It's the article itself that irked me!!!

The Epoch Times is a publication with strong conservative leanings - it is in no way associated with the Pentagon or the Armed Forces.

did you actually read this story?? I'm extremely frustrated with myself that I even looked at it!!! It's not a reliable story based on the name they have plastered to the virus. I even doubt the story has any validity.
Yes I read it. I found a earlier article showing they couldnt travel till mid May so it appears it has been extended. The military travel is different from civilian travel.

The Epoch Times source that was linked to is the problem.. the extension was easy to look up on google to verify it from legit sources.. i’m in agreement with donald-my hero, calling covid 19 the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus is just an attempt to assign blame.. like someone else has done at briefings lately.

Yes, I was just referring to the extension. Quite honestly, the way he's acting, I worry about the potential outcome.

I'm in Ontario too and my wife got tested today. They are opening it to anyone now here in Niagara
Ah, well, my experience was last weekend, so maybe something changed. Did she go to the hospital or where for her test? Also, did she have to make an appointment?

I booked our Nov 2020 flights with an existing AC credit. I wonder if I would lose that or if they would extend it? I had to book something by June 5 2020 or lose it.

I book my December flights with airmiles. I wonder how that works. Is the booking owned by Airmiles or me? Who gets the credit? Aeroplan allows free cancellation by April 30.

The Epoch Times source that was linked to is the problem.. the extension was easy to look up on google to verify it from legit sources.. i’m in agreement with donald-my hero, calling covid 19 the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus is just an attempt to assign blame.. like someone else has done at briefings lately.

I focused on the information on military travel only.

I booked my trip with airmiles, using my BMO world elite, which has built in travel insurance. Anyone cancelled a trip using that method yet? Just wondering we would get the airmiles back, or just the travel credit? And would the credit only be for the portion we paid in cash?

I guess I should have bought the extra insurance, we've been planning this trip for years, I thought there was no way we would be cancelling.

@CanadianKrista I used my BMO world elite air miles card to pay for my taxes and fees as well. I don't think that gives you any insurance in terms of getting air miles back. You would have to buy Air Miles Manulife Insurance all inclusive plan which includes refunding miles.

@CanadianKrista I used my BMO world elite air miles card to pay for my taxes and fees as well. I don't think that gives you any insurance in terms of getting air miles back. You would have to buy Air Miles Manulife Insurance all inclusive plan which includes refunding miles.

I think you are right. We did the same thing and we just have a credit now with Air Canada to be used in the future.

From what I have been reading on the Airmiles website it looks like you might get the miles back. I don't know that for a fact yet but I guess I will find out next week when I phone them about our cancelled May 1-9 trip.

I think you are right. We did the same thing and we just have a credit now with Air Canada to be used in the future.
I have to call AM later this week about my flights. How long is your credit good for. Was it from the day the airline canelled the flight or the actual day the flight was set to fly?

I have to call AM later this week about my flights. How long is your credit good for. Was it from the day the airline canelled the flight or the actual day the flight was set to fly?

No clue exactly what the date was for us. We were just told it was from the flight cancellation date.

International/Transborder Flights: At this time there is no action to take. Any tickets for international or transborder flights that fall within that time range will automatically switch to an open/unused status and you’ll receive a credit that can be used towards future travel with Air Canada.

The Air Canada credit will be valid for travel within 24 months of your flight cancellation date.

Once Air Canada flights resume, you’ll need to contact AIR MILES to apply your credit towards your new flight

No clue exactly what the date was for us. We were just told it was from the flight cancellation date.

International/Transborder Flights: At this time there is no action to take. Any tickets for international or transborder flights that fall within that time range will automatically switch to an open/unused status and you’ll receive a credit that can be used towards future travel with Air Canada.

The Air Canada credit will be valid for travel within 24 months of your flight cancellation date.

Once Air Canada flights resume, you’ll need to contact AIR MILES to apply your credit towards your new flight
So ... it means if I rebook using the credit, I will deal directly with AC not AM. I am ok with that as I usually fly AC. I would definitely travel in 24 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter