Interesting "Rumor" About More FP+

I wouldn't mind paying for each ride if there was no admission fee to the park or at least a very reduced admission fee. I won't pay the rates AND pay per ride. No way. We will find a new place to visit if that happens!!

Who is forcing you to pay for a ride? The standby line is free. As are the three fastpass+ you get now. Not to mention this is merely a rumor.

Universal's Front of the Line Pass is $55 on top of a day ticket.

How many fastpasses do you plan on using in a day, on top of the three that you get?

Who is forcing you to pay for a ride? The standby line is free. As are the three fastpass+ you get now. Not to mention this is merely a rumor.

Universal's Front of the Line Pass is $55 on top of a day ticket.

How many fastpasses do you plan on using in a day, on top of the three that you get?

That is what this entire thread is about...paying EXTRA for more rides. Did you not read the thread before posting?

As for 3 being enough, NO it is not, ESPECIALLY at Magic Kingdom.

:rolleyes2

That is what this entire thread is about...paying EXTRA for more rides. Did you not read the thread before posting?

As for 3 being enough, NO it is not, ESPECIALLY at Magic Kingdom.

:rolleyes2

I read the thread, maybe you should read it again. It's about the OPTION to pay for MORE. Not that you MUST PAY for FP+.

If everyone has three, then there is less wait in standby lines waiting for FP+ users who go to the front of the line.

Again, nobody is forcing you to pay for those. You could just use the standby lines.

I read the thread, maybe you should read it again. It's about the OPTION to pay for MORE. Not that you MUST PAY for FP+.

If everyone has three, then there is less wait in standby lines waiting for FP+ users who go to the front of the line.

Again, nobody is forcing you to pay for those. You could just use the standby lines.
Seriously? :stir:

Anyway back to the topic... Are those prices for real? Would a family of five really pay about $75 extra to ride a tier one ride?

You are right, why would I not think to stand in a 60 minute standby line with a 4 year old in 95 degree heat?? Thanks so much for the great advice. Wow...you have solved a lot of problems!

Anyway back to the topic... Are those prices for real? Would a family of five really pay about $75 extra to ride a tier one ride?

It's funny how anytime there is a rumor that Disney is looking into adding something, it is quickly shot down as simply being a rumor.

When there is a rumor that people would have an OPTION to buy more FP+, it sends people into a mass hysteria.

How many fastpasses do people really pull and use on an average day? I would guess the average is between 2 and 4. There might be the extreme examples of people getting more than that, but I bet that doesn't happen often.

Quick, now everyone flood with examples of how they normally use 9 fastpasses per day at MK, which once they started enforcing return times, was impossible.

Yet another FP+ thread, but I just got it on very, very, very, very, very good authority that Disney will begin testing additional FP+s as benefits to Disney Guests and for purchase no later than year's end but probably much, much sooner if the final rollout goes according to plan at DHS and Epcot.

Supposedly, select guests would be given the option to purchase additional FP+s (no maximum set yet) for $9.99 for tier two attractions at DHS and Epcot and $14.99 for tier one and MK/DAK attractions (unless they put tiers on those which is still yet to be decided). This price is obviously per person per ride. Now, still only one FP+ can be obtained for any attraction, so one cannot use a purchased FP+ for an attraction that they already have FP+ on that day. They're looking to incorporate the resorts in to this "somehow" once they start allowing offsiters to book their FP+s in advance.

Of course, Disney has stated that they will "not charge for FastPass+" but if you think about their language, you realize that they really could be saying that the first three FP+s are free for all but for more, you'll have to pay or stay at a Disney Hotel.

While this has been floating around for a while and is still classified as a "rumor" (not been confirmed by Disney), it seems very real and should be coming sooner rather than later. Thoughts?

I'm surprised they are starting it at such a high price. But then again, that would help limit the number of purchasers and help those staying on-site to get "added value". Since we would be staying on-site, it doesn't sound too bad to me. :stir:

You are right, why would I not think to stand in a 60 minute standby line with a 4 year old in 95 degree heat?? Thanks so much for the great advice. Wow...you have solved a lot of problems!

So you only ride rides with fastpasses? And you were able to pull how many per day? I'm sure you'll lie and say you did 7 or 8 FP per day now.

And how many rides have not only 60+ minute waits, but the queue's for those are outside? Not many at all.

Nice hyperbole, though.

I know that Sesame Place, which is right around the corner, does an unlimited Magic Queue. It is basically fast pass where you wait in the "exit" area and when they start a new ride, you get to go on right away, no matter how long the line. The price is $30.00 per person, per day. I could see how that would be a great option for people who are only visiting the park once and don't want to wait in line. For us, with annual passes, it would be $120.00 extra each visit. That is the cost of 1 season pass for us. We cannot justify the cost.

I think the part that is frustrating is the original legacy fastpass worked just fine. If the system is broke then it needs to be fixed, but the system wasn't broke.

My husband is of the mindset that 3 FP+ are enough if we do rope drop. I'm hoping he is right. He wants to rope drop...do important rides, go back to hotel to swim, come back at night with our FP+ and ride.

The idea of the HEAT, CROWDS and waiting in line might do me in completely.

So you only ride rides with fastpasses? And you were able to pull how many per day? I'm sure you'll lie and say you did 7 or 8 FP per day now.

And how many rides have not only 60+ minute waits, but the queue's for those are outside? Not many at all.

Nice hyperbole, though.

You are sure I will lie?? How dare you say something like that to me. How rude are you??

Why are you even in this post?? If you like it, fine...then you don't need to be here.

I'm surprised they are starting it at such a high price. But then again, that would help limit the number of purchasers and help those staying on-site to get "added value". Since we would be staying on-site, it doesn't sound too bad to me. :stir:

Haha...I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if they will tier it according to hotels. I could see that. We usually stay deluxe if we stay onsite...we are doing a split stay this time.

I also wonder how they will affect discounts. Wonder if deluxe discounts will be lowered!?

Nobody is forcing you to buy these. It's an added option to the current 3 FP+ given.

I see what you mean with Universal adding and updating attractions and Disney not...

I mean, Disney only added New Fantasyland with two new rides (Mine Train/Mermaid), two updated/enhanced (Dumbo/Barnstormer), and a new attraction in Enchanted Tales with Belle. They are also working on Avatar.

They also just did a complete makeover of Test Track and also Star Tours... I'd count that as updating rides.

I guess it's not the same as adding a ride in Potterland, and re-theming two others. Or doing a makeover of SpiderMan. They opened two new rides in Universal Studios Florida over the past couple of years. Though, with the new rides comes loss of old rides, something Disney hasn't done with its recent developments, unless you count Toon Town as a loss attractions-wise.

So yeah, it's pretty much been the same, but Disney has four parks, so it seems like less is happening.

Um...... Well obviously, nobody is forced to buy them. But we used to get a lot of fast passes for free, and now we would have to pay for them. Simple as that. We don't personally think many Disney rides are worth an extra fee on top of an already outrageous admission price plus AN INCREDIBLY OUTRAGEOUS hotel price. The value just isn't in it for our family.

The problem is that if they want to sell all of these for a fee FASTPASSES, then the amount left for "free" will either be reduced, or standby lines will be longer probably with the extra FASTPASSES sold. So that's how it affects everyone unless you buy in. Either way, we don't need to spend thousands of extra dollars to find out. We will have a great time in feb, and book a cruise to Bermuda next summer. No biggie!:hippie:

Isn't this possibly just another way to reward you for staying on site? Not sure who would pay the prices suggested, not us, but makes sense to have a buy-up option. IMHO they would be better off building new attractions rather than raffling off the obviously spaces for the obviously too few they have for the crowds today.

Isn't this possibly just another way to reward you for staying on site? Not sure who would pay the prices suggested, not us, but makes sense to have a buy-up option. IMHO they would be better off building new attractions rather than raffling off the obviously spaces for the obviously too few they have for the crowds today.

I'm wondering the same thing.:confused3 We stay Deluxe and feel there should be more perks for paying more $$$ for a deluxe resort....just not sure the FP+ "free" ticket allotment is the way to go about it. :scratchin

Can't say that this new system will effect our upcoming trip as we are not FP fanatics (2/day FP max) but I am like many of you who don't like seeing more dollar signs flashing at us for something that was "free" before, especially at the high costs of everything else.

Obviously Disney has a method behind their madness and only time will tell if this new system will make or break the tried and true method... which I thought was working fine before, but what do I know. :rolleyes:

And I agree with Jetta8300...
It's a choice to visit the Disney parks and to pay the high prices... a choice I've made eight times now, but if Disney decides to keep jacking up costs for not much in return, I too will be vacationing elsewhere. My choice and no hard feelings!:)

An extra E-ticket in the 1970s cost $.90 that would be about $3.50 in today's prices. $14.95 would be about the typical Disney inflation path.

WOW! $15.00 for a ride after paying $400.00 or more for tickets.

BUT, if a credit card is attached to the MDE, and all someone would have to do is whip out their phone and push a button. People will do it. Not this person, but people will do it.

I still think that the old system was far superior...and free, but I just can't see being at MK during the summer or any other busy time and enjoy it with 3 FP. If I am going to spend money to get in the park I am glad to at least be able to buy them vs not.

That is exactly the thought they're going for...

And why I'm adamantly opposed to it.
Staying home seems more fun. I won't be held hostage to what already costs the most pound for pound

This really disgusts me. Every year they seem to get further and further away from Walt's vision of being a theme park that everyone can enjoy.

I have to say that's incorrect...

Nothing Disney ever sold was for the po...

It was never meant to be "affordable"

I don't like the class system when it comes to the parks. As it is there are differences in the resorts which is fine. You pay for where you are staying and get the benefits that come with the resort you choose.
While I can see Disney offering more fp+ to on site guests, I don't like it. Many people cannot stay on property for whatever reason-maybe off site timeshare or they rent a house. With the other parks in the area people may rethink Disney and opt for others.
I also think the towering is a step back to the ways of the ticket books. Seems like a step backwards.

That is exactly the thought they're going for...

And why I'm adamantly opposed to it.
Staying home seems more fun. I won't be held hostage to what already costs the most pound for pound

IMO this was always the big plan for WDW, but b/c FP has always been free they couldn't really just change it and charge b/c people would go nuts. I said this yesterday on another thread, but this is Disney giving their guests a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down. They want to charge, but still give the free too so that people don't feel so cheated. It will make me spend less time and in the end less money at WDW, but I will still hit MK and maybe one other park while we are there. I will also be happy if they do add this feature to pay b/c it is much better than the alternative, which is the system in place now. I think they will suffer from these changes, but I don't think we will see if for many years. I think this is possibly one of the bigger mistakes they have made, but only time will tell if they can fix it or not. In the current state if I had to judge on what is being reported over the last couple of days, it is a hot mess.

IF this becomes true I can see them saying the reason was to provide the opportunity for those that want it.

The concern all along from many is that on-site guests will get more than off-site and that Deluxe hotels will come with more than mod/values, etc.

I can totally hear it now that if/when this comes true they can follow it up with that if you don't like it then you still have the opportunity to "level the field".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter