Interesting "Rumor" About More FP+

Um...... Well obviously, nobody is forced to buy them. But we used to get a lot of fast passes for free, and now we would have to pay for them. Simple as that. We don't personally think many Disney rides are worth an extra fee on top of an already outrageous admission price plus AN INCREDIBLY OUTRAGEOUS hotel price. The value just isn't in it for our family. The problem is that if they want to sell all of these for a fee FASTPASSES, then the amount left for "free" will either be reduced, or standby lines will be longer probably with the extra FASTPASSES sold. So that's how it affects everyone unless you buy in. Either way, we don't need to spend thousands of extra dollars to find out. We will have a great time in feb, and book a cruise to Bermuda next summer. No biggie!:hippie:
first off there was a time when FP wasn't a thing and everyone survived. Also you can manage with three FP very well I have a family of five and we don't use more than that a day. You don't have to buy these extra FP+ it's only if you want more. I'm pretty sure disney has looked into statistics and seen the average persona and how many FPs they use in a day. I would imagine its around three. Thousands of people go to WDW and don't even use a single FP. And right now MK and AK are FP+ only and the standby lines have not been to bad they have been very very reasonable. Yes it is down time in WDW but even during busy times I don't think its going to be much different than what it has been in the past.

I'm wondering the same thing.:confused3 We stay Deluxe and feel there should be more perks for paying more $$$ for a deluxe resort....just not sure the FP+ "free" ticket allotment is the way to go about it. :scratchin Can't say that this new system will effect our upcoming trip as we are not FP fanatics (2/day FP max) but I am like many of you who don't like seeing more dollar signs flashing at us for something that was "free" before, especially at the high costs of everything else. Obviously Disney has a method behind their madness and only time will tell if this new system will make or break the tried and true method... which I thought was working fine before, but what do I know. :rolleyes: And I agree with Jetta8300... It's a choice to visit the Disney parks and to pay the high prices... a choice I've made eight times now, but if Disney decides to keep jacking up costs for not much in return, I too will be vacationing elsewhere. My choice and no hard feelings!:)
thats why rumors have been floating that disney may give people who stay at a deluxe more FP+ than those who stay off property, at a value or even at a moderate.

An extra E-ticket in the 1970s cost $.90 that would be about $3.50 in today's prices. $14.95 would be about the typical Disney inflation path. WOW! $15.00 for a ride after paying $400.00 or more for tickets. BUT, if a credit card is attached to the MDE, and all someone would have to do is whip out their phone and push a button. People will do it. Not this person, but people will do it.
no doubt people will do it if disney does this they will make money on it

When we went in September with crowd levels at 1-2, we used 4 fast pass between 9-12 at Magic Kingdom. We never waited 5 minutes with the legacy fast pass...although granted we only "pulled" 3 fast passes and were given a bonus fast pass that automatically spit out!

We then went back after naps, pool and dinner and pulled another 2-3. I have no problem with 3 at a time but it would be nice to have the option of 3 FP+ and then after used, another 3 in the afternoon/evening.

first off there was a time when FP wasn't a thing and everyone survived.

Ok...you're and apologist...I get it. But still like ya ;)

But I'm gonna have to take exception to this one.

Of course things used to be worse... It's called progress. That doesn't forgive the altering of the experience for what is widely accepted (near 100% by viewing these and other boards) as an ulterior motive.

This is the second time they've done this to us in recent years...and this is why I'm on the soapbox

Dining: same day/no reservations - priority seating (a definite improvement to customers...aka evolution) - the end of priority seating/dining plans...which resulted in massive menu cost Increases and now no show charges. That is a regression no matter how you slice it.

Rides: no priority/ only lines - fastpass (again...a definite improvement. Even with the small amount of complaints - nobody in their right mind would not have wanted fastpass) - my magic+...which now limits usage (it does even if you like the prebook...because it has a hard cap on usage), and possibly now fees to get on rides you have already paid for (some of us a hundred times over)...this could be indicative of regression as well.

You know...I railed against the dining plan (not here...another crotchety board) and was told I was nuts. But I think I hit the bullseye. People have lowered their standards and put up with more BS to get fed... While paying more. Exactly what I thought in 2005.
Hope I'm wrong here...or this place with an average $6000 a week charge (just a guess) is gonna feel like an Orwellian prison camp.

Here's what I can't figure out... Where are all these extra Tier 1 FP+ reservations coming from? The reports from MK this weekend is that offsiters were finding themselves empty-handed when they went to schedule headliners in the early afternoon. Where in that FP capacity are there extras to sell?

Ok...you're and apologist...I get it. But still like ya ;) But I'm gonna have to take exception to this one. Of course things used to be worse... It's called progress. That doesn't forgive the altering of the experience for what is widely accepted (near 100% by viewing these and other boards) as an ulterior motive. This is the second time they've done this to us in recent years...and this is why I'm on the soapbox Dining: same day/no reservations - priority seating (a definite improvement to customers...aka evolution) - the end of priority seating/dining plans...which resulted in massive menu cost Increases and now no show charges. That is a regression no matter how you slice it. Rides: no priority/ only lines - fastpass (again...a definite improvement. Even with the small amount of complaints - nobody in their right mind would not have wanted fastpass) - my magic+...which now limits usage (it does even if you like the prebook...because it has a hard cap on usage), and possibly now fees to get on rides you have already paid for (some of us a hundred times over)...this could be indicative of regression as well. You know...I railed against the dining plan (not here...another crotchety board) and was told I was nuts. But I think I hit the bullseye. People have lowered their standards and put up with more BS to get fed... While paying more. Exactly what I thought in 2005. Hope I'm wrong here...or this place with an average $6000 a week charge (just a guess) is gonna feel like an Orwellian prison camp.
I understand and I agree with the most part. I just think yes its a problem yes were so used to how its been for the last fifteen years. It was going to change at some point it just so happens that the FP change is now. I have not been to try this new system yet so I can't speak from personal experience and I will be able to this summer but from my daily info I get on the internet I think I'm pretty knowledgable on how this works. Another thing is that this is a rumor what if this pay for more thing never happens, just saw something today on the internet that advance reservation FP for AP holders may never even happen or at least is being delayed. Because there have been problems with the system disney is trying to be careful and still make money off of it and this may be another way they do it. I myself would never pay for more first off because I don't usually use more than three FPs in a day and because I'm already forking out enough money for the trip I'll just take what they give me.

Here's what I can't figure out... Where are all these extra Tier 1 FP+ reservations coming from? The reports from MK this weekend is that offsiters were finding themselves empty-handed when they went to schedule headliners in the early afternoon. Where in that FP capacity are there extras to sell?
exactly what if you were to buy one go to a kiosk to use it and low and behold you can't there are no attractions available for FP that means you just wasted the money you spent on that extra FP+

Yeah, so, ummmm nope for me. I will stand in line, not paying extra. I have an annual pass to BG Williamsburg, and there is no way I'd pay for the "Quick Que" they have there.

Seriously? :stir: Anyway back to the topic... Are those prices for real? Would a family of five really pay about $75 extra to ride a tier one ride?

Nope. This family of 6 may pay for a pass for many rides. I would NEVER pay for an extra 1 or 2. Ever.

I'm starting to edge out of the "Wait and See" camp and towards the "Find a new vacay spot" camp. Sigh.

I have to call BS here. IMO, there is simply no way anyone (or let's say anyone beyond say -- I dunno -- 1% of park goers) would pay $15 for one more FastPass. And there is no way Disney would implement this program as described. It is crass and insulting. And from a PR standpoint, I can't see any way to paint it as anything but.

I have to call BS here. IMO, there is simply no way anyone (or let's say anyone beyond say -- I dunno -- 1% of park goers) would pay $15 for one more FastPass. And there is no way Disney would implement this program as described. It is crass and insulting. And from a PR standpoint, I can't see any way to paint it as anything but.

I do have to agree...I don't think that price would ever be right

But I do see fastpass as hotel hooks... Accompanied with steady hotel and perhaps dining plan Increases...or sometype of "unlimited access" for sale as a premium.

One of my issues is this is still lipstick on the pig... They don't have the attractions in this day and age to charge extra for this. A slightly more useful fantasyland ( all that is once the paint starts to chip) and an avatar thing that will take 10 frikkin years to hatch? That's what you got?

You know...they ran Eisner out of town... But they really should give him his job back. They're running the place off of all stuff he built...even the clones.

first off there was a time when FP wasn't a thing and everyone survived. Also you can manage with three FP very well I have a family of five and we don't use more than that a day. You don't have to buy these extra FP+ it's only if you want more. I'm pretty sure disney has looked into statistics and seen the average persona and how many FPs they use in a day. I would imagine its around three. Thousands of people go to WDW and don't even use a single FP. And right now MK and AK are FP+ only and the standby lines have not been to bad they have been very very reasonable. Yes it is down time in WDW but even during busy times I don't think its going to be much different than what it has been in the past.

According to a recent Orlando Sentinel article, they say the statistics are that approximately just over 50% of park guests used FP- at all, and those that did pulled an average of 2 per day. Those would be overall numbers of course. Both numbers for DISers are surely much higher.

However, given those statistics (and assuming they are true), you can see how Disney would think 3 FP+ per day is an improvement to the average "guest experience". Of course, we here on these boards don't consider ourselves the average guest. I'm still in the wait-and see-camp as to whether this will be an improvement for us, or if it will diminish our experience.

I certainly can see them going to this pay-for-more FP+ system. Most of us always though they would start monetizing FPs in some way. This could be it. Price point is tricky. Keep it cheap and there won't be enough capacity for everyone who will do it. Too much and no one will do it. We've already seen in this thread that a couple of people will do and most will not. Disney would probably look at this and think "perfect!".

Interesting rumor-especially the tiered pricing-seems a bit too complicated. I would be more than surprised if Disney were to sell FastPass+ but stranger things have happened. I was just watching Single White Female, you know the one crazy stalker chick who was obsessed with another gal. Well I opened this thread and instantly got chills-it's eerily similar. :sick:

I see what you mean with Universal adding and updating attractions and Disney not...

I mean, Disney only added New Fantasyland with two new rides (Mine Train/Mermaid), two updated/enhanced (Dumbo/Barnstormer), and a new attraction in Enchanted Tales with Belle.

Mine Train hasn't actually opened yet. At this rate, it may be 2015. Dumbo and Barnstormer . . . that's really stretching it to call them updated and enhanced.

These things pale in comparison to what Universal is adding to the WWoHP.

They are also working on Avatar.

Which won't open for 4 years.

They also just did a complete makeover of Test Track and also Star Tours... I'd count that as updating rides.

Except that they somehow managed to make Test Track WORSE. Star Tours is a lot better, though.

So yeah, it's pretty much been the same, but Disney has four parks, so it seems like less is happening.

It may not be that less is happening, but it's not the number of parks that's the problem -- it's that Universal is doing the same amount in about half the time that Disney is. Disney is just SLOW. If they would just speed up the timetable, people would stop complaining.

I have no idea where they plan to get them.

I'm going the week of Feb 1, one of the lowest crowd weeks of the year (2nd lowest, according to EasyWDW). It's two weeks out, and popular attraction slots at MK are already running out. ETWB is unavailable before 2:30 on Super Bowl Sunday for a party of 4. TSMM is the same during the week at DHS. Gone before about 3 o'clock most days.

I don't get it.

Who is forcing you to pay for a ride? The standby line is free. As are the three fastpass+ you get now. Not to mention this is merely a rumor.

Universal's Front of the Line Pass is $55 on top of a day ticket.

How many fastpasses do you plan on using in a day, on top of the three that you get?

From what I've read here, say a family of 4 chooses to buy Universal Express Passes at Islands of Adventure. $55x4=$220 on top of their ticket price for front of the line for 13 rides. Wizarding World is not included in the 13 as front of the line does not apply to that ride.
The same family goes to Hollywood Studios and chooses to buy 2 extra Tier 1 tickets for Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. $14.95 x 8 =$119.60 on top of their ticket prices to fast pass 2 rides.

Wanted to say that I hope they do allow guests a few more passes. As much as I hate to admit it, I'll probably buy them.

yes I thought exactly the same thing! I think it would be a shame if the only folks that could get on TSM were those staying at WDW able to prebook FP+ and those willing to pay. The common theme is you need money. Not very inclusive. I don't warm to that. I find my 3 FP+ enough and am lucky enough to stay in our DVC resort. But what about those that aren't. The chances of there being any FP+ left at gate very slim!

It could be that they follow in the foot steps of other parks and offer "as many fast passes as you would like" for a premium?! Universal does it, Sesame Place does it...would make sense for Disney to follow in the footsteps of the other parks. Imagine the revenue they could pull in if guests paid entrance PLUS $120.00 for unlimited fastpass per park.

If you look at our 10 day trip and we did that for each park, that would be an extra $120.00 per person x 5 people each day and then we are there 10 days so a total of an extra $6,000.00 in their pockets!

I've heard the $9.99 may be an option to add 3 or more FP+'s to your account (and this will be a ticket add-on option like park hoppers, water parks, etc.)

I've also heard you'd have to select a park hopper option to be able to do this but that seems odd too

I would certainly not be surprised to see them do something like this and/or give a little more to dvc members or ap holders as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter