Interesting "Rumor" About More FP+

If there is any common sense to be applied it will be Unlimited FP+ for $100 a person per day - all parks.

Something they can do thanks to the magic band.

It will be a variation on the Park Hopper with Disney Dinning rationale. Not everybody will see value in it and will skip it. Others will think it's a great advantage.

know why? Because a family with 2 small children doing a short trip is much likely to shell out a bit extra to make their days at disney have a better pace. For them, paying extra could be the right option to make the most of a short getaway.

Some will prefer to convert that value in more days at the park and just take lines though... that's fine too.

Because if EVERYBODY has fastpasses than it's no longer FAST.

But you can add value to staying on site
and you can get extra cash from families on short trips
and you can book your hotels for longer for those who convert to longer stays
and that might push a couple of people into DVC
and that may spread visitors a bit better through the year

And you still have your 3 FP per person per day free. that's not going away.

So.... yeah, i can understand the idea behind it.

Yet another FP+ thread, but I just got it on very, very, very, very, very good authority that Disney will begin testing additional FP+s as benefits to Disney Guests and for purchase no later than year's end but probably much, much sooner if the final rollout goes according to plan at DHS and Epcot.

Supposedly, select guests would be given the option to purchase additional FP+s (no maximum set yet) for $9.99 for tier two attractions at DHS and Epcot and $14.99 for tier one and MK/DAK attractions (unless they put tiers on those which is still yet to be decided). This price is obviously per person per ride. Now, still only one FP+ can be obtained for any attraction, so one cannot use a purchased FP+ for an attraction that they already have FP+ on that day. They're looking to incorporate the resorts in to this "somehow" once they start allowing offsiters to book their FP+s in advance.

Of course, Disney has stated that they will "not charge for FastPass+" but if you think about their language, you realize that they really could be saying that the first three FP+s are free for all but for more, you'll have to pay or stay at a Disney Hotel.

While this has been floating around for a while and is still classified as a "rumor" (not been confirmed by Disney), it seems very real and should be coming sooner rather than later. Thoughts?
~I just read the first post -- but I really don't believe this. And, $9.99 for some rides at some parks and $14.99 for other rides at other parks - I just can't see it. With that said, I remember saying a while back that I wouldn't mind if Disney chose to monetize fastpasses. So, we'll see. :goodvibes

A personal concern...but I wonder what they do if they start using fastpass as enticements to book rooms in regards to DVC?

It never made any sense to include DVC in dining promotions...but fastpass?

Screw with OKW on this and it won't go over well at all

Mine Train hasn't actually opened yet. At this rate, it may be 2015. Dumbo and Barnstormer . . . that's really stretching it to call them updated and enhanced.

Dumbo has doubled capacity and added a new queue so you're not waiting for 45 minutes outside. Dumbo was always one of the more popular rides in Magic Kingdom, so this is a definite enhancement.

These things pale in comparison to what Universal is adding to the WWoHP.

Actually, it is pretty much in-line with what Universal did with Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff.

Which won't open for 4 years.

Three, but its always nice to twist the facts to support your opinion. Diagon Alley will have taken about 2-1/2 years by the time it opens. Jaws closed January 2012, construction started immediately. It will open sometime in the summer 2014. It will have one ride, a transit system to take you to another park, and several shops and restaurants.

It may not be that less is happening, but it's not the number of parks that's the problem -- it's that Universal is doing the same amount in about half the time that Disney is. Disney is just SLOW. If they would just speed up the timetable, people would stop complaining.

I'd rather they take their time and get it done right, and look great, than worry about them doing it quickly.

Mine Train hasn't actually opened yet. At this rate, it may be 2015. Dumbo and Barnstormer . . . that's really stretching it to call them updated and enhanced.

These things pale in comparison to what Universal is adding to the WWoHP.

Which won't open for 4 years.

Except that they somehow managed to make Test Track WORSE. Star Tours is a lot better, though.

It may not be that less is happening, but it's not the number of parks that's the problem -- it's that Universal is doing the same amount in about half the time that Disney is. Disney is just SLOW. If they would just speed up the timetable, people would stop complaining.

Or there is this:

Construction for Disneyland began on July 21, 1954, a meager 12 months before the park was scheduled to open.

oh, and this:
5/1979 is when construction started to build Epcot

10/1982 is the opening date for Epcot
So, it took 2.5 years to build EPCOT Center, or less time than the Mine Train.

I still think that the old system was far superior...and free, but I just can't see being at MK during the summer or any other busy time and enjoy it with 3 FP. If I am going to spend money to get in the park I am glad to at least be able to buy them vs not.

I COMPLETELY agree with you!!! There was. Nothing wrong with fast pass the way it was! In my 3 recent trips, we never had an issue, got to ride everything we wanted to and never waited in a standby line longer than maybe 40 min? 2 of those trips were weeks MK had been closing due to maximum capacity. If these costs keep going up, there is going to be absolutely no way we can afford trips there anymore :/

So, it took 2.5 years to build EPCOT Center, or less time than the Mine Train.

Were there 17 million people (An average of about 50,000 per day) walking around the area they were building EPCOT Center?

I highly doubt this one...

I can see them giving additional FP+ to Disney resort guests. That would be a good benefit to those staying in property. :thumbsup2

But charging for each FP+? Nope. I think your very highly placed source is yanking your chain on this one. :confused3

Hopefully just a bad rumor. Otherwise, it has that "slimy" feel of a money grab. If that is the case, Disney would lose that special feel. I am not excited about the changes at Disney lately.

If this is true, it makes perfect sense to me in terms of price. It makes the price of a moderate hotel room look like a bargain. It makes a value look even better.

If this is true, then tiering by resort level is coming.

If this is true, the ability to buy one night and get prebooking FP+ access for the length of your ticket is just a loophole and will be closed. Prebooking FP+ access will be strictly tied to length of resort stay.

Actually, it is pretty much in-line with what Universal did with Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff.

I said adding TO WWoHP. But if you want to compare, Forbidden Journey blows away anything in New Fantasyland.

Three, but its always nice to twist the facts to support your opinion.

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Announced in late 2013, opening in 2017, looks like 4 years to me.

Diagon Alley will have taken about 2-1/2 years by the time it opens. Jaws closed January 2012, construction started immediately. It will open sometime in the summer 2014. It will have one ride, a transit system to take you to another park, and several shops and restaurants.

So, half the time, roughly.

Were there 17 million people (An average of about 50,000 per day) walking around the area they were building EPCOT Center?

Construction walls make this a non issue. It's not as though guests are maneuvering strollers around bulldozers.

I said adding TO WWoHP. But if you want to compare, Forbidden Journey blows away anything in New Fantasyland.

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Announced in late 2013, opening in 2017, looks like 4 years to me.

So, half the time, roughly.

HaHaHa.... so we're going by announced date now? They began construction in 2014.

By the way, the Diagon Alley project was announced in 2011, so by your methodology, it's still about a half year difference.

OMG!!!! UNIVERSAL IS SOOO SLOW!!!!

Construction walls make this a non issue. It's not as though guests are maneuvering strollers around bulldozers.

Construction walls also limit the area where they can actually work, and how much equipment they can have in the area. If there was nobody in the surrounding area, they would be able to complete the thing much quicker.

They're building an attraction that is about 300' by 150' with no perimeter due to construction walls. And are surrounded by thousands upon thousands of guests.

Yep, a non issue.

Why the Universal/Disney comparisons? Both are fantastic. One is not necessarily better than the other except in the eye of the beholder. Both make me and thousands of others happy.

I think Disney charging even more money for something like this is rediculous, but to each their own. I am sure people would pay it. Personally, we usually go somewhere tropical, this year we are doing Disney instead. We flew to Jamaica, stayed at Sandals where EVERYTHING is included, no tips are expected or allowed, got to lay on the beach and eat/drink whatever I wanted whenever I wanted...for less than we are spending at Disney before tips/extras. It kind of makes me sick, my kids are lucky I want to do this special trip with them. There are plenty of special family trips for much less if Disney decides to get even more money hungry.

Hmm, well at least the "3 is not enough" and "threw a billion dollars down the drain" message was heard clearly. :rotfl:

For us, ahh it's just the price of a drink. Not much impact on a $10,000 XMAS week stay-esp to save 100 minutes in a line.

Second-Mexican-Alcoholic-beverage-stand-new-years-eve-2014-Mexico-Epcot-Walt-Disney-World1-640x360.jpg

According to a recent Orlando Sentinel article, they say the statistics are that approximately just over 50% of park guests used FP- at all, and those that did pulled an average of 2 per day. Those would be overall numbers of course. Both numbers for DISers are surely much higher. However, given those statistics (and assuming they are true), you can see how Disney would think 3 FP+ per day is an improvement to the average "guest experience". Of course, we here on these boards don't consider ourselves the average guest. I'm still in the wait-and see-camp as to whether this will be an improvement for us, or if it will diminish our experience. I certainly can see them going to this pay-for-more FP+ system. Most of us always though they would start monetizing FPs in some way. This could be it. Price point is tricky. Keep it cheap and there won't be enough capacity for everyone who will do it. Too much and no one will do it. We've already seen in this thread that a couple of people will do and most will not. Disney would probably look at this and think "perfect!".
I agree which you. The dis boards is a very small percentage of what's in a park in a year. Most people here do use more than three a day. I tho do not so this is perfect for me. I can't see disney not looking into statistics for this. If disney does this and makes money off of it they will be happy if they don't do it than they aren't going to keep it very long.

Mine Train hasn't actually opened yet. At this rate, it may be 2015. Dumbo and Barnstormer . . . that's really stretching it to call them updated and enhanced. These things pale in comparison to what Universal is adding to the WWoHP. Which won't open for 4 years. Except that they somehow managed to make Test Track WORSE. Star Tours is a lot better, though. It may not be that less is happening, but it's not the number of parks that's the problem -- it's that Universal is doing the same amount in about half the time that Disney is. Disney is just SLOW. If they would just speed up the timetable, people would stop complaining.
mine train should still open this year most likely end of spring it's still pretty much on pace. Dumbo is updated they added another ride and its in a completely different area. Avatar if done right will be better than Harry potter is has the capability to be one of the best things disney has done in a long time. Really the only people complaining are the people on the message boards. These boards make up a very very small percentage of what the parks see in a year.

I COMPLETELY agree with you!!! There was. Nothing wrong with fast pass the way it was! In my 3 recent trips, we never had an issue, got to ride everything we wanted to and never waited in a standby line longer than maybe 40 min? 2 of those trips were weeks MK had been closing due to maximum capacity. If these costs keep going up, there is going to be absolutely no way we can afford trips there anymore :/
disney wanted to connect everything together and make it simpler with the magic bands. They wanted to tie your entire vacation together, rides, shopping, hotel, dinning. That is the point of this system the old system has been around for 15 years it was going to change at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter