Interesting Experience w/ ADR Change Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issue if you politely ask. Arguing with the CM. Calling back until you find a CM who'll bend NOT

Guardians has always allowed late guests. Tron doesn't
Sometimes you just run into an unhelpful CM. One time I was doing 2 back to back days at HS and asked to move an LL to the next day for Slinky since the ride was down and I was leaving the park for the night. The first blue umbrella CM refused to do it then I went to another one who was happy to move it to another day.

Comparing Disney policies to laws? Disney makes exceptions all the time for all sorts of fees, gives out free lightning lanes like candy if something goes wrong with a resort room, and cast members on the phone can make magic happen when other features don't work. I would guess that a majority of cast members from call centers would've just moved the reservation without questioning it. The cancellation policy is to prevent people from holding multiple reservations and deciding on one or just not eating table service at the last minute. Moving from one restaurant to another keeps the same total number of seats filled. And yes I understand each resort operates as a separate entity, but as a customer, I honestly don't care. If Disney wants to overcomplicate their accounting, that's on them.
Well said!

In this case, Disney has nothing to make up for it's just the OP thinking they're above the rules. Pay the fee or keep your original ADR.
Op was never complaining about the rule. The issue here was the rude cast member going on a rant and shaming OP on the phone. There's a way to politely tell somebody no, especially when you're Disney and supposed to be the peak of customer service.

Op was never complaining about the rule. The issue here was the rude cast member going on a rant and shaming OP on the phone. There's a way to politely tell somebody no, especially when you're Disney and supposed to be the peak of customer service.
They were very clearly complaining about the cancelation window actually being enforced.

Asking for an accommodation is not the same as complaining about the rule.

The first line of the OP:

It seems like Disney is getting petty w/ their ADR cancellation window.

Calling Disney petty is a complaint to me, maybe not to you. They had praise for the rule that allows them to change/ cancel up to 2 hours before. But calling it petty to enforce within the 2 hours makes it even more obvious.

The first line of the OP:

Calling Disney petty is a complaint to me, maybe not to you. They had praise for the rule that allows them to change/ cancel up to 2 hours before. But calling it petty to enforce within the 2 hours makes it even more obvious.
I read that as petty due to the cast member's long rant during the call. Enforcing the rule isn't the complaint; it's the condescending lecture they got afterwards.

Can someone point me to the Disney rule that says guests are not allowed to contact customer service to request a fee be waived?

Can someone point me to the Disney rule that says guests are not allowed to contact customer service to request a fee be waived?
I don't have a problem with someone asking for an exception. I’ve asked for them myself occasionally. Other times I’ve been graced with pixie dust and a rule is magically bent or broken with the blessing of a CM.

I love this about Disney. Anyone can ask for anything they want and sometimes magic happens. We are all entitled to this. But getting upset about being told ‘no’ is bad form and posting here to complain is going to rub people the wrong way.

I don't have a problem with someone asking for an exception. I’ve asked for them myself occasionally. Other times I’ve been graced with pixie dust and a rule is magically bent or broken with the blessing of a CM.

I love this about Disney. Anyone can ask for anything they want and sometimes magic happens. We are all entitled to this. But getting upset about being told ‘no’ is bad form and posting here to complain is going to rub people the wrong way.

The OP never said she was upset about being told no. She said she didn’t like the way the first CM spoke to her. Specifically that he was rude and told her she was the reason why restaurants are half full. Are you really saying you wouldn’t have been bothered by that response?

The OP never said she was upset about being told no. She said she didn’t like the way the first CM spoke to her. Specifically that he was rude and told her she was the reason why restaurants are half full. Are you really saying you wouldn’t have been bothered by that response?
The CM should not have added any commentary. That would bother me.

But OP seems to have other problems with the policy even though it’s very straightforward. Cancel within 2 hours or pay. You shouldn’t complain if they follow through.

Personally if I changed my mind 90 minutes from the reservation I would expect to pay the fee. Sure, I might call to ask if there’s anything they can do but if told “no” that’s the end of it.

If a CM is rude that’s a separate issue having nothing to do with specific ADR policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter