Input Welcome!

BethanyMouse

Mouseketeer
Hello All,
We book our Disney dining soon and I would love your input/suggestions on our plan.

Some background-
We are a family of four- my husband, me, and our two daughters, ages 9 and 5. For the first part of our trip my parents will be joining us. They are in their mid 70's and we are thrilled they are tagging along! We are staying at BLT for 11 days, with a 10 day park pass. We are not hopping. We are very familiar with the parks as we go every summer. We tend to rope drop, do quick service lunch and a nice sit down dinner. These boards help so much so thank you to anyone who offers input, suggestions, or even recommendations for menu items. I appreciate all of your input always. F

Day 1-
No park. We are actually coming in from Cabana Bay resort only stay.
Breakfast Ohana
Check into BLT

2-
MK
Dinner CRT

3-
Epcot
Dinner Garden Grill

4-
DHS
Dinner Woody's BBQ

5-
Epcot
Dinner Biergarten

6-
MK
Dinner- Hoop De Doo

7-
DHS
Dinner- Ale and Compass

8-
MK
Breakfast- Crystal Palace
Dinner- Ohana
Parents last day :(

9-
AK (kids choice)
No dining plans (suggestions?)

10-
Epcot
Dinner- Via Napoli

11-
MK
Grand Floridian Cafe

What are your thoughts?

Just a thought…we always book some lunches (instead of dinner) if we go when it’s hot. It’s nice to get that guaranteed seat in air conditioning.

For AK our favorite is Nomad Lounge or Tiffins. NL doesn’t take reservations but you can put your name on the list.

I have heard that Woody’s BBQ can be a very long meal. Not sure if you’ve read about that.

I would agree with Boma or Sanaa at AKL on your AK day. If we don't do a park on our first day, we usually head to DS for dinner. Raglan Road is fun, if you've never been.

On your AK day, Yak & Yeti if you want to stay in the park. Boma if you leave the park. Since you have kids that would be my suggestions. We always book something over at AK lodge. The resort is a must visit at least once per trip. You could also try and get a window seat at Sanaa if the kids like the animals.

Just a thought…we always book some lunches (instead of dinner) if we go when it’s hot. It’s nice to get that guaranteed seat in air conditioning.

For AK our favorite is Nomad Lounge or Tiffins. NL doesn’t take reservations but you can put your name on the list.

I have heard that Woody’s BBQ can be a very long meal. Not sure if you’ve read about that.

I actually had not heard about the long meal at Woody's. Thank you for telling me. We will look into that!

We love Sanaa and Boma, but assuming you want to stay in the park and since you have two kiddos with you, what about Tusker House at AK?

As a grandparent, it's fabulous that the grandparents are sharing the experience of disney. That being said, it's also great that part of your trip is enjoying the time just with your children. Have a great trip!

As a grandparent, it's fabulous that the grandparents are sharing the experience of disney. That being said, it's also great that part of your trip is enjoying the time just with your children. Have a great trip!
Thank you! We love sharing these moments together with them!

If your kids choice is AK, might they like Rainforest?
We did Rainforest last year. It was not great honestly. I think in isolation- without all the greatness of disney- it would be fun. But with all the amazing disney around us that week- it falls short.

For AK, I would say Tusker House or Tiffins (if you want a really nice meal). My opinion only, but we found Biergarten food really heavy.

For AK, I would say Tusker House or Tiffins (if you want a really nice meal). My opinion only, but we found Biergarten food really heavy.
I have heard that about Biergarten! We are part German so familiar with the heavy foods. In the summer heat that could be a bad combo!

For the AK day the park closes earlier (in general) than the others - I would expand my horizons to look at a Disney Springs or different resort for dining options. Since it is later in your stay maybe the Storybook dining in Wilderness Lodge. It's a nice boat ride to/from the front of Magic Kingdom and an easy walk to that dock from BLT. Or Topolino's breakfast and then spend the rest of the day at AK - many people tend to leave AK to park hop to other parks so waits often drop later in the day anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter