Input Please... 1st Trip ADR schedule

Chughes812

Mouseketeer
We will be making our first trip soon and have the following ADRs, still working to modify some times. With two young DDs, wanting to do a few character (princess) but not sacrifice all meals just for characters while suffering in food quality for adults. We have not yet added DDP, but currently planning to do, so input welcome on this as well.

We also hope to go back to resort to rest each day.

Arrival Day - MK
8:35am - BOG
5:20pm - Boma or 8:00pm 1900 (worried this may be too late for first day, considering cancelling both to just see how we are feeling)

Day 2 - EP / MK
Trying to get a 5:00 ish dinner at 1900 then go to MK for evening (open til 10).
Currently have, but likely to cancel 9:20am Akershus and 1:50pm Coral Reef

Day 3 - MK / EP
08:50am - BOG (will we be able to get in with all PPO early?)
5:00pm (or 7:55pm) - Akershus (do you prefer dinner vs breakfast?)
9:40pm - B&C (for the kitchen sink)

Day 4 - HS
9:40 - H&V w/ F! (doing this mostly for Dis Jr., wanting to move to 8am for PPO and not conflict with 1030 FP for Frozen SAL)
6:20 - 50 PTC or 7:35 1900 (MK open til 12 with EMH) Not sure we will have enough to want to return to HS in evening or go back to MK

Day 5 - AK
7:15pm - Yak Yeti

Day 6 - Departure
12:05 - Chef Mickey's

Ohana is the other one I am watching for, but may have to save this for a future visit.

So obviously too many and looking for input to narrow down and begin cancelling. If we do DDP, we would have 5 TS (but willing to pay OOP for ice cream :)).

Thanks in advance!

Where are you staying?
And do you have a car?
Boma involves significant travel time to and from, unless you are staying at AKL. And I'm assuming you're first park is MK, as you have BOG for breakfast...
Are you flying in or driving? And by first day, do you mean arrival day?
I would keep working on getting an earlier ADR for 1900. It's a wonderful dinner, with great character interaction and really decent food for a buffet. (It's one of our family favs)
After you let us know a little more, I think more folks will weigh in.
NonnaT
ETA: I wouldn't go from Epcot to 1900 for dinner. There are any number of great restaurants right in Epcot.

Where are you staying?
And do you have a car?
Boma involves significant travel time to and from, unless you are staying at AKL. And I'm assuming you're first park is MK, as you have BOG for breakfast...
Are you flying in or driving? And by first day, do you mean arrival day?
I would keep working on getting an earlier ADR for 1900. It's a wonderful dinner, with great character interaction and really decent food for a buffet. (It's one of our family favs)
After you let us know a little more, I think more folks will weigh in.
NonnaT
ETA: I wouldn't go from Epcot to 1900 for dinner. There are any number of great restaurants right in Epcot.

We are driving so will have a car if necessary.

Yes, our first day is arrival day. We are actually planning to drive overnight and head straight to park. We may not last long...

The two days we planned for MK close early and we want to see fireworks and park at night. So, Day 2 we plan to go to Epcot in the morning and then head back to hotel before dinner/MK. Then Day 3 after MK and break, we will go to EP in evening.

Are you staying on property, if so where? That info would be helpful as well.
Omygoodness, you are going to be toast day 1...
I would not make an ADR for dinner Day 1. Keep BOG, make your 3 fast passes for as close to 9, 10, and 11 as possible and maybe head back to your resort then to crash for several hours. I would not make any hard and fast plans for dinner until you are actually up and moving again. We have scored Boma ADRs for a same night as well as many others. I would definitely play your dinner by ear. And depending on which park you're going to, plan to eat in the park or nearby. Most TS restaurants are going yo take 90 minutes (sometimes more) plus travel time.
It sounds like you have hoppers, so plan either to enjoy a relaxing dinner and maybe head to AK to see RoL, Epcot for Illuminations, or HS for SW fireworks, whichever one tickles your fancy.

So, day 2, plan your fast passes for 9,10, and 11 respectively. (You have until 10 to get to your first FP).
If you get there early enough go to your FP first, then Akershus. Their breakfast is very good. I would ditch CR lunch, it's going to be too much food, too much time, and too close to breakfast and dinner.
This evening would be when I would do 1900, then MK for fireworks. Maybe think about not doing the dining plan and doing a dessert party for better spots for the fireworks.

On day 3, you can show up anytime early and get admitted to the park with your ppo breakfast ADR.
I would get a different dinner ADR for Epcot, or snack around the world. There are some outstanding choices in WS.
Kitchen Sink is fun!

Are you staying on property, if so where? That info would be helpful as well.
Omygoodness, you are going to be toast day 1...
I would not make an ADR for dinner Day 1. Keep BOG, make your 3 fast passes for as close to 9, 10, and 11 as possible and maybe head back to your resort then to crash for several hours. I would not make any hard and fast plans for dinner until you are actually up and moving again. We have scored Boma ADRs for a same night as well as many others. I would definitely play your dinner by ear. And depending on which park you're going to, plan to eat in the park or nearby. Most TS restaurants are going yo take 90 minutes (sometimes more) plus travel time.
It sounds like you have hoppers, so plan either to enjoy a relaxing dinner and maybe head to AK to see RoL, Epcot for Illuminations, or HS for SW fireworks, whichever one tickles your fancy.

Yes, we will be at CBR.

This what what I figured about the evening, so will likely let all of our dinners go. We have our last FP at 1, but no pressure to stay. Of course if kids sleep during drive, they may not be ready to crash like adult, but hoping park will wear them out enough for a nap as they still take them most days at home.

I like the idea of just trying to catch an evening show. Thanks!

So, day 2, plan your fast passes for 9,10, and 11 respectively. (You have until 10 to get to your first FP).
If you get there early enough go to your FP first, then Akershus. Their breakfast is very good. I would ditch CR lunch, it's going to be too much food, too much time, and too close to breakfast and dinner.
This evening would be when I would do 1900, then MK for fireworks. Maybe think about not doing the dining plan and doing a dessert party for better spots for the fireworks.

Do you prefer Akershus breakfast to dinner? We were able to get the breakfast first, so we still have it. However, we are thinking dinner is a better value (if on DDP) so are leaning toward doing that on day 3 when we hit Epcot WS at night.

I agree with cancelling CP. It was the very first ADR I was able to get, but timing is off and we aren't huge pooh fans.

I dont know much about the dessert parties or how it will be finding a good view for fireworks. So I will look into those.

Unfortunately it's a party night, so MK will be closed to us for fireworks. This is why we were hopping days 2 and 3 to be able to see them day 3.

On day 3, you can show up anytime early and get admitted to the park with your ppo breakfast ADR.
I would get a different dinner ADR for Epcot, or snack around the world. There are some outstanding choices in WS.
Kitchen Sink is fun!

Good to know about the ppo. I was worried it was too close to opening that it would not provide value in being able to finish before rope drop.

I do like the idea of snacking around the world.

I'm very excited about the kitchen sink! Have you tried the mini version from the window? I'm worried our ADR may be too late for the kids, but my DD keeps asking me if we are going to have that ice cream everytime I am looking for new time on the B&C webpage. Also I currently only have the ADR for party of 4 as I haven't found one for 6.

Thanks for all the feedback! I had know idea how much went into planning a trip, but I am really enjoying it.

We will be making our first trip soon and have the following ADRs, still working to modify some times. With two young DDs, wanting to do a few character (princess) but not sacrifice all meals just for characters while suffering in food quality for adults. We have not yet added DDP, but currently planning to do, so input welcome on this as well.

We also hope to go back to resort to rest each day.

Arrival Day - MK
8:35am - BOG
5:20pm - Boma or 8:00pm 1900 (worried this may be too late for first day, considering cancelling both to just see how we are feeling)

Day 2 - EP / MK
Trying to get a 5:00 ish dinner at 1900 then go to MK for evening (open til 10).
Currently have, but likely to cancel 9:20am Akershus and 1:50pm Coral Reef

Day 3 - MK / EP
08:50am - BOG (will we be able to get in with all PPO early?)
5:00pm (or 7:55pm) - Akershus (do you prefer dinner vs breakfast?)
9:40pm - B&C (for the kitchen sink)

Day 4 - HS
9:40 - H&V w/ F! (doing this mostly for Dis Jr., wanting to move to 8am for PPO and not conflict with 1030 FP for Frozen SAL)
6:20 - 50 PTC or 7:35 1900 (MK open til 12 with EMH) Not sure we will have enough to want to return to HS in evening or go back to MK

Day 5 - AK
7:15pm - Yak Yeti

Day 6 - Departure
12:05 - Chef Mickey's

Ohana is the other one I am watching for, but may have to save this for a future visit.

So obviously too many and looking for input to narrow down and begin cancelling. If we do DDP, we would have 5 TS (but willing to pay OOP for ice cream :)).

Thanks in advance!

Day 1: Holy smokes! You are going to be wiped out if you try this after driving all night. Personally, I would not make any ADR under that circumstance, and would play the day by ear. Use a CS credit for your meal.

Day 2: I like Akershus breakfast for Princesses, so I would keep this ADR. Cancel CR. Too much food and too much dining with a young Princess. I also would not worry if you don't get 1900 that night, but would try for dinner in the park. I know Crystal Palace is another buffet, but it isdecent, and the characters are fun.

Personally, I would use CS in the MK and skip using a TS credit for dinner.

Day 3: You can get in the MK with the rest of the PPO folks.

Have you considered Garden Grill for dinner? If you think you are heading back to Epcot, this one is really cute characters and the meal is an AYCTE meal, so the food is brought to you at the table. We love it.

Day 4: I woudl keep H&V. And this day is the one I would book 1900 PF. It is far enough away from Akershus breakfast that if CIndy is not the same, your DD will not notice. It is a nice buffet with the Tremaine family and Cindy and Charming. My girls loved it almost as much as Akershus. With this one in place you can choose which park to go to, if any.

Day 5 and 6 look fine to me.

If you find you have too many TS meals planned, I would skip Y&Y in DAK. You can use the Y&Y CS restaurant, or head to Flame Tree for CS. I would also skip Chef Mickey if you have too many meals planned. This is your departure day, and you may not want to be on a specific schedule.

ETA: Instead of Crystal Palace consider Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge, and then take the boat to MK to complete your evening.

Last edited:
Try to get an ADR for 2 more as well as close to your time for 4. (instead of 6). B&C is TEENY TINY!!! They make a huge deal out of the sink and it's fun. We have also had the smaller one in Mickey pants from Plaza at MK, just as delicious, no fanfare.
Keep checking many people cancel day before so they don't have to pay for $10 pp cx fee.
Also sign up for touring plans reservation finder.

I want to add that with a first trip, I would not hesitate to pay for a meal OOP if that means you are including characters the children want to meet. This means if you keep Y&Y or any of the other ala carte restaurants, you could either pay OOP for the least expensive meals, or share entrees and use your snack credit either before the meal to tide you over, or after the meal for a little extra. We try to balance dining experiences with costs, and with little Princesses, you may decide the interactions are woth the time and money. Or not. You knwo your kids.

I also suggest you look at the new menu at Artist Point Storybook dining in Wilderness Lodge. This one may be a lovely balance between adult fare and character dining. RIght now it is 1 TS credit, and while there are no reviews becuase it has not yet opened, people have high hopes. I would totally ditch one of the other meals for this one and meet Snow and a few of the dwarfs.

Thanks @ConnecticutNonna and @Nancyg56 for your feedback!

Try to get an ADR for 2 more as well as close to your time for 4. (instead of 6). B&C is TEENY TINY!!! They make a huge deal out of the sink and it's fun. We have also had the smaller one in Mickey pants from Plaza at MK, just as delicious, no fanfare.
Keep checking many people cancel day before so they don't have to pay for $10 pp cx fee.
Also sign up for touring plans reservation finder.

This is what I have been doing. It's actually how may day 3 BOG is 2 @8:45 and 4 @8:50, though still searching for 6 a little earlier.

We always share at Flame Tree! Even without including the dessert the meals are just huge!

This is good to know. I have heard good things about Flame Tree, so looking forward to maybe trying it. It will be our last full day, so we may be needing to use credits, but also good to know we could get away with sharing if we only have a few left.

Day 1: Holy smokes! You are going to be wiped out if you try this after driving all night. Personally, I would not make any ADR under that circumstance, and would play the day by ear. Use a CS credit for your meal.

Day 2: I like Akershus breakfast for Princesses, so I would keep this ADR. Cancel CR. Too much food and too much dining with a young Princess. I also would not worry if you don't get 1900 that night, but would try for dinner in the park. I know Crystal Palace is another buffet, but it isdecent, and the characters are fun.

Personally, I would use CS in the MK and skip using a TS credit for dinner.

Day 3: You can get in the MK with the rest of the PPO folks.

Have you considered Garden Grill for dinner? If you think you are heading back to Epcot, this one is really cute characters and the meal is an AYCTE meal, so the food is brought to you at the table. We love it.

Day 4: I woudl keep H&V. And this day is the one I would book 1900 PF. It is far enough away from Akershus breakfast that if CIndy is not the same, your DD will not notice. It is a nice buffet with the Tremaine family and Cindy and Charming. My girls loved it almost as much as Akershus. With this one in place you can choose which park to go to, if any.

Day 5 and 6 look fine to me.

If you find you have too many TS meals planned, I would skip Y&Y in DAK. You can use the Y&Y CS restaurant, or head to Flame Tree for CS. I would also skip Chef Mickey if you have too many meals planned. This is your departure day, and you may not want to be on a specific schedule.

ETA: Instead of Crystal Palace consider Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge, and then take the boat to MK to complete your evening.

I know day 1 may not be very long; though we still may decide not drive overnight. It was a not much more to add the day, so we figured why not. If we don't feel like it day 1 then maybe we can hit a park for a few favorites before departure.

Very good point about noticing the differences between Cindy's. We also have a FP for day 1 to meet her, though I am thinking of swapping that for Rapunzel since I don't expect to meet her during a meal (twice). If we do 1900 on Day 4, do you recommend trying to catch F! a different night?

Thanks!

I know day 1 may not be very long; though we still may decide not drive overnight. It was a not much more to add the day, so we figured why not. If we don't feel like it day 1 then maybe we can hit a park for a few favorites before departure.

Very good point about noticing the differences between Cindy's. We also have a FP for day 1 to meet her, though I am thinking of swapping that for Rapunzel since I don't expect to meet her during a meal (twice). If we do 1900 on Day 4, do you recommend trying to catch F! a different night?

Thanks!

How old are the children? I ask because Fantasmic can be intense for youngsters. I think it woudl be a rush under the best of circumstances, however I woudl check it out before bringing the kids.

What I want to share is that Disney is not going anywhere, and even if it was, there is no reason to try to pack it all in. WE missed Fantasmic for about 6 years. At first it was deliberate, however when my DGD got older and woudl not have been scared, we just did nto manage to fit it in. We did not miss what we did not get to.

If you are at the Grand dining wioth Royalty, don't rush the fun.

How old are the children? I ask because Fantasmic can be intense for youngsters. I think it woudl be a rush under the best of circumstances, however I woudl check it out before bringing the kids.

What I want to share is that Disney is not going anywhere, and even if it was, there is no reason to try to pack it all in. WE missed Fantasmic for about 6 years. At first it was deliberate, however when my DGD got older and woudl not have been scared, we just did nto manage to fit it in. We did not miss what we did not get to.

If you are at the Grand dining wioth Royalty, don't rush the fun.

They are under 6. Maybe we could watch snippets on youtube to see their reaction.

We have watched the opening ceremony, which they enjoy, but will likely be missing due to BOG. Unless we can get in a ride and head back to the show... But again there are other shows throughout the day to enjoy.

I would definitely not plan to get to F! the same night as 1900, maybe MK after depending on if I can move it up or how we are feeling. I just am not sure if is something to aim for if we can make the schedule work or if it is one of the things we can save for later. Or maybe the better questions is Jingle Bell Jam as it may be more kid friendly.

They are under 6. Maybe we could watch snippets on youtube to see their reaction.

We have watched the opening ceremony, which they enjoy, but will likely be missing due to BOG. Unless we can get in a ride and head back to the show... But again there are other shows throughout the day to enjoy.

I would definitely not plan to get to F! the same night as 1900, maybe MK after depending on if I can move it up or how we are feeling. I just am not sure if is something to aim for if we can make the schedule work or if it is one of the things we can save for later. Or maybe the better questions is Jingle Bell Jam as it may be more kid friendly.

Jingle Bam definately. This is a show based on Prep and Landing, the kids will enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!