ING Electric Orange Checking

GOOFY4DONALD

DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They wer
I am wondering if anyone has had experience with the Electric Orange Checking Account and the attached debit card? I have an ING savings account and I thought that the debit card would be another great thing to take to Disney.
TIA

I've had one since they introduced them. I use it strictly for getting gas. I haven't had any problems at all and have liked it. It's as simple as the savings. It also gives me a way to be able to use my ING money quickly if some kind of emergency should arise since transfers between ING accounts are immediate and I could then use my debit card.

I have ING's electric orange checking account & the debit card. I also have a couple of savings accounts w/ them. I've recently switched my direct deposit (OK DH's direct deposit LOL) to ING since I'm so annoyed w/ TD Bank lately. I pay my bills w/ the electric orange bill pay & I've even given Dsis money that gets transferred directly from ING Orange to her bank account (She lives in MD, I'm in NY)! So convenient & easy!

I haven't used the Debit Card yet, but my experience w/ the account (and ING in general) has been positive since I opened my 1st acct w/ them several years ago!

Thanks so much. I am going to open one as well. I just wanted to make sure that using the debit card for purchases wouldn't have any problems.
Thanks, again

we've had electric orange as long as it's been an option -- and use it for what the OP is planning. Our vacation funds are in an ING savings account, and we transfer funds over and use the debit card when we're on our trip.

the one thing I have not used electric orange for is ATM. I think the network ATMs are few and far between.

Are there any fees associated with the Electric Orange account? We also have several savings accounts at ING and this would be great to use the debit card on vacations.

Is there a monthly fee for this account?

Are there any fees associated with the Electric Orange account? We also have several savings accounts at ING and this would be great to use the debit card on vacations.

Is there a monthly fee for this account?

no fees, other than the ones that are charged if you use it at an ATM that isn't in the network.

I have used the ATM feature, it depends on where you live, but there are plenty of ATMs you can use. Any Allpoint ATM, most CVS's, Target's, Costco, Wawa (for East Coast). I love the Electric Orange, it's great for vacations.

I love ING! DH and I have one joint Orange Checking, a bunch of different savings accounts and a handful of CDs. We use them as our main banking system because it's so easy. We have local bank branch accounts just for convenience of depositing money (paper checks, etc) and then just transfer the money from the local account to the ING accounts. We also have joint local bank accounts at each city where our parents live and it's so convenient for them to gift us with money by depositing it locally and then we transfer it out to ING.

I try to do the majority of my auto bill payments directly from ING (the ones that can't be paid with a reward credit card) and use the debit card as my alternate credit card when I can't use my Discover Card. They just recently revamped the auto bill payments and allow you to set up an end date or an ending # of payments. I set up my son's preschool tuition to end after 10 payments and I think it'll be a convenience so that later I don't have to remember to stop the payments.

I love love love love love love love my ING Checking... and savings.. :D

no fees, other than the ones that are charged if you use it at an ATM that isn't in the network.

And if you're planning to use this particular card at WDW, the Chase machines will surcharge you!

However, you can use the ING card at any of the 3 Hess Express stations' ATM's absolutely fee-free (as they are on the Allpoint network).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!