Info on flying bankrupt airlines

CarolA

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
From USAToday.com:

Fliers get bankruptcy protection too
It just got a little less risky to book a flight on a bankrupt airline. Congress extended a provision that requires airlines to accept passengers from a bankrupt rival when they share the same route. The regulation prohibits airlines from charging more than $25 to provide standby transportation, no matter what the original ticket cost. The measure was set to expire in May, and was endorsed by credit card companies who feared having to issue refunds for tickets on carriers that stopped flying. "The credit card companies win, the consumer wins, and the airlines lose," says Terry Trippler, air traveler advocate for CheapSeats.com. However, others say the move benefits bankrupt airlines such as United and US Airways since it allows customers to book tickets on those carriers with little risk

Thanks for the info, this is great news. I have tickets with Us Air for July and was slightly concerned about this situation.

thank you. i just bought tickets for US Airways. right after i purchased i learned they filed bankruptcy. got scared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter