• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inaugural Western 5/11/02 Who is going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wdwgoose--I know Hendersonville must be nearby, because I hear it mentioned. But I honestly don't know my TN geography very well. We are right on I-65 between Nashville and Louisville.

wdwgoose your doing a great job keeping everyone informed on the timer :bounce: :bounce: :)
:earsboy: :wave: cmatt

HAPPY NEW YEARSSSSSSS

thanx cmatt i will try to.

stephmarty hendersonville is south west ky. i drive truck some and one company seems like they find citys that you cant get to.!!!!
earlier i went to senaca s.c. with out a map program i would never find these places.

UP TO DATE LIST MAY 11 2002

WDWGOOSE
HOOKEDONMAJIC
CMATT
TIGGER24
SQUIGGLE
TAY N EVIES MOM
HYGIENE99
DISNEYCRUZIN
JOE & JOANNE
STEPHMARTY
OFFWEGO
SCOTT H
TNROBIN
MICKEY7811
GRUMPYGIRL77
CRUZINMOMMIE
ANGELBILLE
CRUISERNEWBIE
CRUISINQUEEN
FIGMENT2002
DISCRUSNMOMMIE

ANYONE ELSE????????

DH :jester: :smooth: :bounce: :earseek:

Thanks for the welcome. Happy New Year !!!!!

Yesterday was a busy morning getting Cruise reservations, DVC lodging for the two days before and the two days after, car rental, and flight res. All done in about an hour. I was amazed as all fell together quite well.

First time I have used Orbitz for flights, saved about $100 on each ticket. It was very easy to use.

We will be at WL on 5/9-10 and then at BW 5/18-19. Anyone else at WDW before or after?

Any divers in the group? This trip is in leu of our normal Spring dive trip.

We were on the 11/24 7day Magic and are excited about returning so soon. The Western itinerary should be interesting. Port arrival time seem kinda different.
I would speculate the 12pm arrival in Key West is necessary so they could do a character breakfast on that day, and then again on the days at sea.

Kinda late to get into CZM , would make it hard to get the ferry to Playa del Carmen in order to get to Chitza Nitza. Maybe time to get to Talum. There must be a requirement for ships to leave late from CZM so the down town bars can get the cruise cliental. Note the cruise dock is about is a couple of miles south of the main town of San Miguel.
Disclaimer: We have not been to CZM or GCY via cruise but have spent time on both diving.

Stephmarty,

Hendersonville is about 20 miles north of Nashville, just east of I-65.

So you guys want a moderator/chat host in your group????

We welcome a moderator/chat host esp one with the countdown clock. (we have been lusting after your clock) Will you be on the Western with the rest of us?

:wave:

wdwgoose, just noticed we were also on the 11/25/00 Magic 7day cruise.

It truely is a small world. That was before I know about these boards and how to find the best way to do everything. I am amazed how much I have learned from these boards. It really made our last cruise 10-13-01 much better, plus we made many new friends.

I agree, these boards are like a support group for those of us with a good habit.

welcome tnrobin

and you knew where hendersonville is !!!!!!!!!! you get a bottle of bubbles. you are with us on the cruise?????
if so add your name to the list????????
the list gets bigger & better with more cruisers.

scott h how about us with bad habits ?????????
there are some that run into burning buildings????????
also that just will not grow up ??????
sorry we missed you on our first cruise. hopefully we can all meet @ terminal or the bubble party deck midship otherwise known as in between the stacks dockside dw will have bubbles again.
if all agree this can be our sailing party @ intro to each other
i should have the list done of whos who & where. excursions
and all (sorry no spell check here) DW acts as spell check :D :)

very slow day today no runs VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!

dh :jester: :smooth:

Growing up yeck, never. I am growing older but not up.

When we meet I will fill you in on my bad habits very close to running into burning buildings.

No runs is a good thing.

I hope Robin is planning on the 5/11 cruise.

wdwgoose -- got the pin for Phil. He said thank you very much & will wear it with pride on our visit to WDW in February. I also love the pocket calendar much better than the one I bought last week. I've already transfered all my info to the one you sent!

Now on to trying to figure how to fit in another cruise.........:D

Happylady if you all pick a date let me know we are rethinking the date for the Oct cruise - I am really having second thoughts about pulling the kids out of school. Maybe if I knew more that were going to be on the ship DH could talk me into it.:D

How about 5/10/03?:)
I'll have to pull Molly out of school but it's one of the cheaper times to go also. And no hurricane season. But you already know that May's a good time to go because you're going this May. I don't have the funds to go this May.:(

Hi there Happy Lady, WDWGoose & Legs22!!! Just noticed your thread...WOW...in 5 months this thread will wrap around WDW! Can't wait to hear the trip report from you WDWGoose. Christy and I will be on the Western during the same week (October 13th, 02) we cruised last year. Be sure to say hi to Zita from me as well (remind her that we constantly brag about her spectacular service at Palo's) I noticed that you are thinking again about an October trip...Sounds great to me. Can't believe the Lions beat the Vikes????

take care
Doug and Christy

Yes, we have reservations on 5/11/02. All I am waiting on is official approval of DH's vacation. It will be DH and myself (36) and Matthew (7).

wdwgoose, I do hope we know where hendersonville is. We almost bought a house there a few years back. Instead we chose a different suburb of Nashville. :)

As for the countdown clock. It was a gift from a techie/webmaster friend. Even though he didn't know I would be cruising, the "Dreaming of the Magic" phrase is most appropriate.

I have no idea how it works or I would give you a copy. It is set for May 10 @ 2:00PM. That is when I expect to be at the airport leaving for the May 11 Cruise. Seeing as I will probably be posting to this thread every now and then, we will have it available to countdown the cruise.

Tn Robin hi :wave:

thanks for the count down counter,,

cant wait,, :earsboy: :sunny: :earseek: cmatt

My name is Darlene Riley and my husband and I will be cruising on May 11. This will be our 4 seven day cruise - our next one is February 23, 2002. We love the Magic and look forward to the new route.

My husband is Scuba certified, so he looks forward to the diving and I am certified in shopping, so we both have something to look forward to.

We are not celebrating anything - well, maybe Mother's Day.

I look forward to meeting everyone and having a great time on the Magic.

Darlene

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter