In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

I'm all in for a new thread too.

New year, new focus. I'm really ready right now. :thumbsup2

I rejoined WW (which I think I said already :laughing:), I'm doing well with PT and the arthritis is under control at the moment. My training for the Princess is under way and progressing well. AND, I'm ready and willing to be SELFISH! That's right, I'm going to put ME and my needs first for a while. It's really a good time of year for me to do this, as my job shifts from almost full-time to barely part-time in the months of January and February. And I haven't yet started costuming for the spring play, so - now is the time!

I had a conversation with Erin a week or so ago. She knows how unhappy I've been about things lately. I've put on 15 pounds in the last year, all while exercising. :scared1: Obviously I've been consuming just a *few* more calories than I should :rolleyes1 Anyway, I was lamenting about weight gain, and workouts, and clothes that are too tight, and the hard work it's going to take to lose the weight, etc, etc, etc. And she said "listen. You can either be miserable for the next few months while you work your a$$ off and get this weight off, or you can be miserable for the rest of your life because you hate how you feel carrying this extra weight".

Oh. well then. I chose short-term misery :laughing:

And OMG she has set up a plan for me that is killer. Today I ran 7 miles (per my Princess training schedule) then did leg work (per Erin's beastly schedule), followed by my PT stretching and exercises. :faint:

So that's me in a nutshell. Loads more in my life, but I don't want to totally bore you all :rotfl2:

sorry Karen, quick recap of a post the dang DIS server ate:

basic accomodation info is available on the Princess website:
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/princess-half-marathon/index?page=resort-packages

Tickets - definitely discounted. The site for purchasing them is password protected, so that only those who sign up can get access to the site. Obviously Disney doesn't want everybody buying discounted tickets if they aren't participating in the event! But. Last year I got a 5 day hopper (no water park options for me) for under $250. Prices will vary depending on how many days you want your ticket for.

Kelly are you up for starting the new thread? I can't wait for it!!!

I would REALLY love to do the bios again - I think they were awesome!!! I can cut an paste some stuff and PM it to our thread starter!

Also, this is my thread anniversary. Yes! FOUR YEARS! :cool1: I am looking for the link to the first thread and my first post now!

Here is my first post in the WISH boards!

Hi! Joining in!

I'm in (freezing cold today) NJ, working on losing 58 lbs in 2008! I've lost 24 already, since Oct. - on WW, which I love - and I am heading to WDW this Friday night. I'm thrilled and terrified - I have never NOT eaten my way through the World. But my BFF and travel companion assures me four days at Disney is not going to put back the weight it took me a minimum of four years to put on.

Heh. We'll see. So. Tupperware?

THANK you ladies for your support and friendship - this thread has meant the WORLD to me. Truly. :love:

Hi Goddesses!

Yes, I am back and back with a vengeance! Consider yourselves warned! :cool1:

I am declaring thread bankruptcy--sorry! Fortunately, I've been able to keep up with most of you via FB, so I am not totally out of the loop!

But just in case things got out of hand while I was away...the ban on the dancing banana is STILL on! :lmao:

Not home. No tech. Only on to put in BL's starting weight for the WISH Biggest Loser program.

So someone do it - the thread - please. And thank you. :surfweb:

Liz - good. I had Bling on the Goddess. :rotfl2: That play on words because you all LOVE your bling. :goodvibes But that sounds a tad druink.

But Team Goddess sounds good. :goodvibes

Happy New Year to you all! Much love. :love:

Hey Babe! Oh how I miss thee! My fault, totally. But I am back. Promise. :lovestruc

Hi Goddesses!

Yes, I am back and back with a vengeance! Consider yourselves warned! :cool1:

I am declaring thread bankruptcy--sorry! Fortunately, I've been able to keep up with most of you via FB, so I am not totally out of the loop!

But just in case things got out of hand while I was away...the ban on the dancing banana is STILL on! :lmao:

Wait, we can't post this? IMAGE HAS BEEN BLOCKED DUE TO DECENCY CODE

Wait, we can't post this? IMAGE HAS BEEN BLOCKED DUE TO DECENCY CODE

:rotfl2:

Good morning Goddesses! Life is slowly returning to normal here. "Normal". Sure. Whatever *that* means :confused3

I'm so glad to have the holidays behind me. Labour Day (hah. For our international friends ;)) thru Christmas is just beyond insane for me. I really don't do well with the frenzied, unpredictable pace. Not at all. I need me some structure and stability for a while.

WW seems to be going well. Although you know me- I'm a daily scale hopper. I'm not seeing quite the downward movement that I was hoping for. Yes, I know, it's only been a few days :laughing: What can I say!??!? I'm an impatient person :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

Good morning Goddesses! Life is slowly returning to normal here. "Normal". Sure. Whatever *that* means :confused3

I'm so glad to have the holidays behind me. Labour Day (hah. For our international friends ;)) thru Christmas is just beyond insane for me. I really don't do well with the frenzied, unpredictable pace. Not at all. I need me some structure and stability for a while.

WW seems to be going well. Although you know me- I'm a daily scale hopper. I'm not seeing quite the downward movement that I was hoping for. Yes, I know, it's only been a few days :laughing: What can I say!??!? I'm an impatient person :rolleyes1

Yep! I'm actively trying to curb my daily hopping b/c it discourages me when I don't lose a pound a day! :laughing:

SO ready for things to return to "normal" as well. I'm taking my SIL in to the airport today and then things will slow down until the trip! I'm looking forward to a little more time b/c I have no idea what/how/when I'm packing!

Hi Ladies,

I scale hopped this morning. It was so depressing I cried on the way to work. I am feeling real discouragment and sadness over that. I feel like I will never lose the weight and that I will never be ready for the Princess.

On another note, I am wishing you all a GOOD day!!!!

Aw Liz, I'm sorry, I know how crappy that feels. I hope your day gets better from here on out! :hug:

Thank you. It feels stupid to admit that. It's a dumb thing to cry about, right? But I am feeling like a failure today - oh yes perfectionism! It's just a bunch of stupid things. And work is all changes, training two new people this week, my favorite coworker leaving today. I'm just SAD. And I feel like I am behind. I have to suck it up and change that inner CD!

It's so ok to be sad! Sometimes it is just cathartic to cry it out. So do that...cry it out and then move on.

Our lovely warm weather from the week-end is gone and now it is COLD and I don't want to run out there! But I will, I will....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter