in room phone

adamlatham smith

Mouseketeer
I am staying in all star music resort in September 2019 do the rooms still have a phone in them and what is the prices for them

Good question. I've never been in a hotel where long distance calls were free. Local, maybe. No cell phone?

I'm sure there is some sort of cost associated with making long distance calls from your room. I'd use your cell phone.

Buy a cheap phone at the airport if you think will be making long distance calls.

Use my cell phone my would not work as I can only use wi-fi as I have a United Kingdom number

If you can purchase a pre-paid phone card, that would be the better route. Many hotels these days don't charge for local calls but they not only charge for long-distance but often a hefty fee on top of it. Long before I had a cell phone, I used a phone card to avoid these fees.

We have Canadian phones, I use my providers Roaming package when I travel. It includes voice, text and data.
You will also need a cell at the parks for making extra fast passes, etc. I don’t trust park wifi. You could be on it one minute and gone the next.
I also use FaceTime for calls.

Definitely avoid using the in-room phone for international calls. Or domestic long-distance for that matter. I stopped using hotel phones for anything other than calls within the hotel about 20 years ago. The prices for long-distance within the US were insane then, I can't imagine what they are now.

You might want to pose this question on our UK Trip Planning board. I'm sure they'll have lots of good suggestions.

I downloaded google hangouts and it has a phone in it that works over wifi. I use it to call Disney from Canada. You can also use it to text on wifi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter