In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a big deal to me because we bring all of our own toiletries anyway. I'm pretty brand specific. But I do like taking a few home with me. I did use their grapefruit conditioner as a leave in conditioner for DD since the pool was making her hair so knotty. It worked pretty good but left a bad build up ( probably because it's not meant as a leave in).

I do think like a PP mentioned- maybe the cut back is people hoarding them and taking a lot home. But does that happen a lot?

I haven't read through this entire thread, so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned. We just got back from a stay at WL CL and they are still using the small shampoo, conditioner, lotion and body wash toiletries in the WL CL rooms. In fact, they even had a foot scrub and something else (which I don't recall now). Perhaps they are keeping the smaller toiletries at the deluxe resorts? I don't know.

No. Disney does not say their rooms are germ factories when they provide a special deep clean on a room if one of their guests is compromised in some way. They simply go the extra mile so a guest with severe allergies or whose immune system is compromised can be safe while in one of their resorts.

I believe that by suggesting that by providing extra services, or offering additional amenities to those who need them, Disney is lax in their daily services and unsafe in regards to products provided, it is possible that we see the end of those courtesies.
That's some convoluted thinking.

I can understand deep cleaning rooms for those with asthma as the rooms are typically not cleaned very well. My experience.

But I cannot understand your suggestion to provide different soap (for some people) than that which we are all rubbing all over our bodies. And my suggesting it should annoy Disney and make them stop helping people? Preposterous.

That's some convoluted thinking.

I can understand deep cleaning rooms for those with asthma as the rooms are typically not cleaned very well. My experience.

But I cannot understand your suggestion to provide different soap (for some people) than that which we are all rubbing all over our bodies. And my suggesting it should annoy Disney and make them stop helping people? Preposterous.

Well convoluted it may be, but it is my own take. I did not ridicule yours. As to Disney making changes that help people? They do and IMO, it generally is an over reaction to folks taking advantage of special services rather than just telling guests "no"

Imagine a large bottle filled, used, refilled, used, refilled...it will eventually find something growing inside. I would hate to be person coming home from a park to shower only to find green slime coming out of the pump! ICK Remember, a small bar of soap will at least dry out and keep nasties from growing on the surface.

I bring my own toiletries because H2O is midgrade quality at best anyway and works like crap for my skin and hair type. But if you look at the pictures from earlier in the thread, it does not appear that the bottles will be refilled over and over. It appears they will be used then replace with perhaps only the pump itself being reused. Until it's implemented no one know for sure though.

I find this yet another measure that does not benefit the guest. We stay GF or Poly and for what we pay I expect a little luxury. Fresh soaps and shampoo / daily towels (that is another thread) are expected and the large dispensers scream cheapo/ tacky to me. I bet Disney gets a great price on those little bottles.

I find this yet another measure that does not benefit the guest. We stay GF or Poly and for what we pay I expect a little luxury. Fresh soaps and shampoo / daily towels (that is another thread) are expected and the large dispensers scream cheapo/ tacky to me. I bet Disney gets a great price on those little bottles.

I htink that this is just liek anything else in a hotel, any hotel. If you like the products that are provided for convenience, you use them. If not you bring your own. I stay at a hotel that provides Aremis products. I hate them. The room is pretty expensive (Disney Deluxe prices) and I have to bring all of my own toiletries. I don't think the pump dispensers are cheap, and I am not worried about germs. I use the hair dryers and I have read they shoudl be avoided.

We are at BCV. We had 2 oz tubes of shampoo,etc. We had a one night stay, followed by 7 night stay in same room. We had to check out and in, no moving stuff. We got new towels, more coffee , fresh sheets, but not new bottles of toiletries. Which was fine, we didn't expect a cleaning at all, but perhaps trying to save not handing out a dozen tiny bottles.

We are at BCV. We had 2 oz tubes of shampoo,etc. We had a one night stay, followed by 7 night stay in same room. We had to check out and in, no moving stuff. We got new towels, more coffee , fresh sheets, but not new bottles of toiletries. Which was fine, we didn't expect a cleaning at all, but perhaps trying to save not handing out a dozen tiny bottles.
We were at All-Star Sports and had house cleaning 2 times total during a 11 day/10night stay (2 days housekeeping was not available due to the hurricane) and each time we had it done we had all new toiletries including the soap (so we ended up with 3 sets total) left out for us. We forgot to do housekeeping on a day we were going to but it's likely we would have gotten more toiletries then as well.

ETA: Each set included facial soap (little package), body soap (little package) plus shampoo (2oz) and then conditioner (2 oz).

Last edited:
I find it weird that they would start this in Port Orleans. I wouldn't mind this in the value resorts as much (you get what you pay for there) but having these in the moderate resorts would feel out of place given the more elaborate theming in those rooms.

I guess these are installed at POP now. Any know wether DVC resorts will be getting these or if we will ocntinue getting individual shampoo etc?

I find it weird that they would start this in Port Orleans. I wouldn't mind this in the value resorts as much (you get what you pay for there) but having these in the moderate resorts would feel out of place given the more elaborate theming in those rooms.
its well its so stupid

The only hotel I ever got a big bottle with pumps was at a VERY expensive hotel in Atlanta so for me, pump doesn't have a cheap tag attached to it. I personally don't care whether we get small bottles or a pump in the shower.

The only hotel I ever got a big bottle with pumps was at a VERY expensive hotel in Atlanta so for me, pump doesn't have a cheap tag attached to it. I personally don't care whether we get small bottles or a pump in the shower.
can you name it?

I don't care if the switch to pumps but I am sad that it doesn't appear to be the green shampoo that's my favorite stuff ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter