In progress deed recording missing a name?

Lorana

DIS Veteran
Hey all,

I decided to check to see if our Direct Sale deed had appeared on the Orange County Comptroller’s site yet. We purchased direct on 9/15, and closed a resale on 10/2 (passed ROFR 9/27). On 10/3 the resale deed was recorded, but interestingly our direct sale had not.

I see that there is a deed “in progress” under my husband’s name. My name is not listed on it. Note that I am the primary purchaser, too. It does have a “Workflow Note: "This document is being processed. The information displayed is subject to change."”

Has anyone else had this happen where the in progress deed only had one name listed and not the primary purchaser? Did it get resolved? Should I be panicking and calling DVC, or this is normal and I should just wait a few days?

thanks!

Hey all,

I decided to check to see if our Direct Sale deed had appeared on the Orange County Comptroller’s site yet. We purchased direct on 9/15, and closed a resale on 10/2 (passed ROFR 9/27). On 10/3 the resale deed was recorded, but interestingly our direct sale had not.

I see that there is a deed “in progress” under my husband’s name. My name is not listed on it. Note that I am the primary purchaser, too. It does have a “Workflow Note: "This document is being processed. The information displayed is subject to change."”

Has anyone else had this happen where the in progress deed only had one name listed and not the primary purchaser? Did it get resolved? Should I be panicking and calling DVC, or this is normal and I should just wait a few days?

thanks!
When you purchased direct in the original set of documents provided to you was your deed. It should be the one recorded. It is simply likely the person/system that enters the details into the system is currently in the process of entering the information into Orange County's system. But whatever that system shows doesn't matter what matters is what's actually on the piece of paper that will be recorded (as that is what Disney goes by). Also all direct purchases close about 30 days after purchase.

Hey all,

thanks!
Hello, I was wondering what ever ended up happening? We are in the same boat in Orange County, Fla. (Orlando). Hubby is transferring the property from his name to both of our names -- but the deed is "in progress" and it shows that it is transferring from himself to himself.:P

Did your deed end up being correct after it finished processing? Or was it recorded incorrectly (after it finished processing)... did you have to call them to straighten it out?

Yes! When it was done, it was properly registered with both our names.

I guess it displayed only his name, as they put him as the lead name on the deed (even though I did the phone calls and the actual purchasing! He just signed his name. ;-) ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter