In Loving Memory... We’re Going Deluxe! - A Jan 2013 PTR (TR Link 01/28)

I always think I'm going to get sick right before a Disney trip! I think worrying about it makes it worse, so just try to stay calm and take some Vitamin C! :thumbsup2

Your plans for the trip sound great, it's nice to just have a few ADR's planned and then do whatever you want with the rest of the time! :thumbsup2

I love all of those pins, I would really love to get into pin trading but I know nothing about it!

Have a great trip!!! :banana: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

I was already sick before the trip, and getting worse by the day instead of better, so that's why I was so worried. I did take lots of Airborne (Vitamin C supplement) and tried not to push myself in the beginning. I eventually started to feel better. :)

We really are not the type of people who do well with a too strict schedule of ADR. 6 ADRs was actually borderline too much for us, but it did work out fine.

Check out this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
It explains everything you need to know about buying pins on Ebay to trade. Trading itself is really not that hard, and is so much fun!!! I can't remember where I found the info, but a quick google search would probably lead you in the right direction. I'll talk more about it as it comes up in the TR.

Sending prayers your way that everyone will stay in good health while on the trip.

I loved the picture of Claudia waiting to see her Big Sis. So cute!

I hope that you all have a wonderful time on the trip. That the stroller works well. And that the trip is filled with lots of pixie dust!:wizard:

Your prayers worked for Otaku, she didn't get sick on vacation. Hers worked too, she got sick at the exact moment she wanted : the day she was suppose to go back to school. :rotfl2:

Claudia and Big Sis spent a lot of time together during the holidays. It was so cute to see them together. :lovestruc

Have fun!!! Safe travels!!

Have a great and magical trip!!!:dance3:

Have a great vacation!

Thank you guys. The more I think about it, the more I remember the good times and forget about the bad. :goodvibes

Have an awesome vacation!!! Happy New Year!!!

Thanks. Happy belated New Years!

Oh no! I'm so sorry you guys were sick during your trip. Good luck at the doctor today. Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Oh I hate to hear that the sickness followed you all the way to Florida. Hope that everybody gets better soon.

Welcome home. So sorry to hear you all were sick. Glad you had some fun times despite being sick. Did Otaku escape illess?

So sorry to hear that you guys got sick. I hope that overall the trip was magical. Can't wait to hear about it.

Hi Mel, glad you're back safe and sound but sorry to hear you've all been sick.

Oh no, darn sickness! EVERYONE has been sick lately :sick::sad2:
I am glad to hear that you had some wonderful times though and cannot wait to hear all about it!!!

Hey Mel! Can't wait to hear about your trip...when you & Peanut feel better!!! ;) Sorry to hear you were sick, I understand how that is! We are finally off of our meds & feeling better!

Ugh, I'm sorry everyone got sick, I hope you guys feel better soon! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear about your trip, even if it wasn't your best one!

Ugh so sorry that you were sick... poor baby too...:sad2: It seems like its really been a very rough winter for illness...

Hope you managed to get some fun in... and look forward to reading about it...

Welcome home, Mel. Sorry that all of you ended up sick at some point during the trip. It's never fun to be sick...especially on vacation. I hope your eye is better and that all of you are 100% soon.

Thanks everyone. I had gone to see the doctor last Friday because Claudia had lots of red spots, but it turned out to be just a normal rash that happens when children are fighting illness such as the flu. It took us a while, but we are both finally coughing less and feeling a lot better. Ron seems to be getting sick again though, ugh. It's a never ending circle! :sick: As for Otaku, she managed to escape the flu the whole time were were there. She was hoping to get sick on Monday so she wouldn't have to go back to school, and... she got her wish! :rotfl2: She was actually happy about being sick and staying home. LOL Oh, and good news. She said we could post photos of her, no problem. :thumbsup2

Besides taking care of a sick baby, I've also been busy catching up on all my Disboard subscriptions. I think I finally finished reading everything tonight! I've also started editing my photopass pictures on the %$#@ website. It's so slooooooooooooooooow! :headache: I'll be uploading my pictures to photobucket this weekend I think, but I'm not sure yet if I'll wait until I have my photopass CD before I start the TR.

In the meantime, here's the newest baby picture. We fed her real pieces of chicken and some mashed sweet potato tonight, and she seemed to enjoy feeding herself.

075_zps97c56034.jpg

We were at the beach club at the same time! :)

Cool! I wonder if we passed by each other without even knowing it. Wouldn't it be funny if I'm in one of your pictures, or you're in one of mine? :)

Also, :welcome: to my PTR. I hope you follow along with the TR once I start it.

I just want you all to know that I haven't forgotten you. I uploaded all my pictures to photobucket yesterday. Thanks to one Diser (it might have been Momof2Disneyboys or someone in her PTR), I figured out how to upload them already at the right size, so they won't all be giant this time. I've also been working on editing my photopass pictures and I think I'm more than halfway done. I may just go ahead and start the TR with reviews of both resorts, that way I might have received the photopass CD by the time I'm ready to write the real updates. That won't be today for sure though, as I have to go dig my car out of the snowbank. I should be spending lots of time inside this week though, as it will be FREEZING!!! Plus, we're working on sleep training for Claudia so it's better we stay home and keep a very strict schedule. Maybe I'll be able to find more time to work on all of this. That is, if she does take longer naps!

We will be here when you get the time to talk about your trip :)

We have some snow here in England too right now, bet it is nothing like the amount of snow you get in Canada!

Sleep training, ah I remember that joy lol

We will be here when you get the time to talk about your trip :)

We have some snow here in England too right now, bet it is nothing like the amount of snow you get in Canada!

Sleep training, ah I remember that joy lol

:)

At first they said we would receive 10-15 centimeters of snow, but it looks like more than that. Then we got a crazy thunderstorm this morning so the snow is all wet. It's going to be so cold this week that this is all going to turn to ice. Lovely.:headache:

Claudia has always fallen asleep pretty easily. The hard part is she wakes up too often during the nights and too early from her naps. Part of it is because she flips over onto her belly then freaks out. She can flip back, but she's not a pro at it yet and I don't think she can do it while half asleep. I wish she would just sleep on her belly when that happens. Or better yet, that she wouldn't flip at all in the first place! Oh well. I expect many sleepless nights this week. I just hope in the long term it's for the better.

ronnmel said:

At first they said we would receive 10-15 centimeters of snow, but it looks like more than that. Then we got a crazy thunderstorm this morning so the snow is all wet. It's going to be so cold this week that this is all going to turn to ice. Lovely.:headache:

Claudia has always fallen asleep pretty easily. The hard part is she wakes up too often during the nights and too early from her naps. Part of it is because she flips over onto her belly then freaks out. She can flip back, but she's not a pro at it yet and I don't think she can do it while half asleep. I wish she would just sleep on her belly when that happens. Or better yet, that she wouldn't flip at all in the first place! Oh well. I expect many sleepless nights this week. I just hope in the long term it's for the better.

Our snow isn't turning to ice right now which is not fun at all

I don't think we had much of a problem with our son flipping over, although it's hard to remember six years later, but he used to wear a sleeping bag which limited his movement somewhat. I do remember that he used to have very short naps in the daytime if we were at home, he seemed to sleep for longer in the car or in his stroller. Hang in there, it will all be worth it!

ronnmel said:

That's how my first daughter was! However she figured it out half asleep fairly quickly. We used a sleep sack which helped, but soon enough she figured it out and then decided to sleep on her belly (which worried me for some reason too, ehh I think I just worried about everything!)

We are having crazy weather here too- good luck and I can't wait for trip updates!

I have a love/hate relationship with Photopass. I love the idea, and being able to get pictures of all of us, ride photos, and magic shots. I always end up frustrated with their website though. Some of the borders are so pretty, but I find the overall choice lacking this year compared to 2011. Animal Kingdom has 6-7 really pretty borders, yet Hollywood Studios only has 2??? I have Dale's autograph as a choice, but not Chip? I can't even find any Rapunzel specific border, even though I just saw someone with not one but 2 on another TR (Stephanie's)! I'm especially disappointed with the borders for the ride pictures. Instead of being there as a choice for me to add, they are already on the picture. Which means that when I zoom in on our faces, I lose the border. Plus, the new position of the Test Track camera gives blurry photos that are so zoomed out you can't see a thing, and too low quality for you to zoom in. Ugh! Not to mention, lots of blurry photos in general this time (mostly at night) compared to last time.

Our snow isn't turning to ice right now which is not fun at all

I don't think we had much of a problem with our son flipping over, although it's hard to remember six years later, but he used to wear a sleeping bag which limited his movement somewhat. I do remember that he used to have very short naps in the daytime if we were at home, he seemed to sleep for longer in the car or in his stroller. Hang in there, it will all be worth it!

She's sleeping in a sleep sack, but it has never limited her movements much. Even in the early months while she was still being completely swaddled she would find the way to travel from the foot to the head of the bed, solely using her feet and head. She had a slightly longer afternoon nap today, but still woke up in tears and obviously tired. She wasn't even on her belly this time! I have no idea what woke her up and why she wouldn't go back to sleep. Let's just say it made the last hour before bedtime harder than usual.

That's how my first daughter was! However she figured it out half asleep fairly quickly. We used a sleep sack which helped, but soon enough she figured it out and then decided to sleep on her belly (which worried me for some reason too, ehh I think I just worried about everything!)

We are having crazy weather here too- good luck and I can't wait for trip updates!

Last Friday I let her cry for a bit as part of the sleep training and both naps she ended up falling asleep on her belly (after lots of crying). She hasn't done it again since. We use a sleep sack too, but it's pretty light and just the right size so it doesn't limit her movements. She can flip, travel from one side of the bed to the other, and even do 360s. Or all of the above. They do talk a lot about how back is best and belly sleeping can lead to SIDS, so that's probably why you were worried. I've read that it's mostly for younger babies though, who can't flip on their own yet. I worry too, but I'm at the point where I'll take belly sleeping if it means longer naps or full night.

I see you're in New Hampshire? That's not too far from here. We probably had the same weather system do all those crazy things.

ronnmel said:
I have a love/hate relationship with Photopass. I love the idea, and being able to get pictures of all of us, ride photos, and magic shots. I always end up frustrated with their website though. Some of the borders are so pretty, but I find the overall choice lacking this year compared to 2011. Animal Kingdom has 6-7 really pretty borders, yet Hollywood Studios only has 2??? I have Dale's autograph as a choice, but not Chip? I can't even find any Rapunzel specific border, even though I just saw someone with not one but 2 on another TR (Stephanie's)! I'm especially disappointed with the borders for the ride pictures. Instead of being there as a choice for me to add, they are already on the picture. Which means that when I zoom in on our faces, I lose the border. Plus, the new position of the Test Track camera gives blurry photos that are so zoomed out you can't see a thing, and too low quality for you to zoom in. Ugh! Not to mention, lots of blurry photos in general this time (mostly at night) compared to last time.

She's sleeping in a sleep sack, but it has never limited her movements much. Even in the early months while she was still being completely swaddled she would find the way to travel from the foot to the head of the bed, solely using her feet and head. She had a slightly longer afternoon nap today, but still woke up in tears and obviously tired. She wasn't even on her belly this time! I have no idea what woke her up and why she wouldn't go back to sleep. Let's just say it made the last hour before bedtime harder than usual.

Last Friday I let her cry for a bit as part of the sleep training and both naps she ended up falling asleep on her belly (after lots of crying). She hasn't done it again since. We use a sleep sack too, but it's pretty light and just the right size so it doesn't limit her movements. She can flip, travel from one side of the bed to the other, and even do 360s. Or all of the above. They do talk a lot about how back is best and belly sleeping can lead to SIDS, so that's probably why you were worried. I've read that it's mostly for younger babies though, who can't flip on their own yet. I worry too, but I'm at the point where I'll take belly sleeping if it means longer naps or full night.

I see you're in New Hampshire? That's not too far from here. We probably had the same weather system do all those crazy things.

I have given up on photopass's website and just ordered the CD. It was exhausting and I needed the pics ASAP for photobooks. It was so slow and I honestly was going to do my photobooks through them until the thing crashed 2-3 times... They really need to do something about it though- not user friendly and I agree that there seemed to be not enough options.....

Yeah, I'm a natural worrier too - doesnt help :) I still have some of the craziest worries about them sleeping! DH says at least I'm prepared for everything then. ;) I'm sure she will belly sleep soon! And yep NH about an hour or so from the border. I live right on the NH/VT border so it's a straight drive up US91. However, since being here for 6 years we only have been to Canada once - we went to Montreal for a day trip.

Try emailing PP and asking about the Rapunzel borders. Someone on the December thread was missing some borders and she emailed them and they added them for their pictures. :thumbsup2

I was definitely disappointed in only 2 borders for DHS, and not attractive ones at that.

I have given up on photopass's website and just ordered the CD. It was exhausting and I needed the pics ASAP for photobooks. It was so slow and I honestly was going to do my photobooks through them until the thing crashed 2-3 times... They really need to do something about it though- not user friendly and I agree that there seemed to be not enough options.....

Yeah, I'm a natural worrier too - doesnt help :) I still have some of the craziest worries about them sleeping! DH says at least I'm prepared for everything then. ;) I'm sure she will belly sleep soon! And yep NH about an hour or so from the border. I live right on the NH/VT border so it's a straight drive up US91. However, since being here for 6 years we only have been to Canada once - we went to Montreal for a day trip.

I did a photobook with photopass for our Disneymoon because I had prepaid for it, but never again. This time I just bought a bunch of Disney stickers and will add them to the photobook I'll be making with Shutterfly, since the stickers is the only thing missing from not using photopass.

I worry about lots of things too. Part of me wants to be more carefree, and I remind myself that millions of mom have done it before when there were no internet, no parenting books, etc. Other times I just stress about everything.

You must be close to Burlington then? I often listen to this radio station that broadcasts in Plattsburgh, Burlington and Montreal. Just like you who's been up here only once, I've been to New England only once as well. Visited Plattsburgh and Cape Cod once 15-20 years ago. I should probably go back. LOL

Try emailing PP and asking about the Rapunzel borders. Someone on the December thread was missing some borders and she emailed them and they added them for their pictures. :thumbsup2

I was definitely disappointed in only 2 borders for DHS, and not attractive ones at that.

I actually already emailed them Friday. It was about all my disappointments with photopass this time around. I did mention the missing borders, but it was more of a general message. I'll see what they reply, and email them more specifically about the borders if I'm not satisfied with their answer. The lack of good DHS borders is one of the things I mentioned.

ronnmel said:
I did a photobook with photopass for our Disneymoon because I had prepaid for it, but never again. This time I just bought a bunch of Disney stickers and will add them to the photobook I'll be making with Shutterfly, since the stickers is the only thing missing from not using photopass.

I worry about lots of things too. Part of me wants to be more carefree, and I remind myself that millions of mom have done it before when there were no internet, no parenting books, etc. Other times I just stress about everything.

You must be close to Burlington then? I often listen to this radio station that broadcasts in Plattsburgh, Burlington and Montreal. Just like you who's been up here only once, I've been to New England only once as well. Visited Plattsburgh and Cape Cod once 15-20 years ago. I should probably go back. LOL

I actually already emailed them Friday. It was about all my disappointments with photopass this time around. I did mention the missing borders, but it was more of a general message. I'll see what they reply, and email them more specifically about the borders if I'm not satisfied with their answer. The lack of good DHS borders is one of the things I mentioned.

I did one with mixbook and it came out awesome. I gave one to my MIL and another to my SIL. I used some stock photos from Disney to give it more of Disney feel. I would suggest them too- they had a 40% off sale and seem to have them frequently (also if no sale they have 20% off for signing up)

I am about 90 minutes from Burlington, it's one of the closest cities to us. We go there a lot, we joined the science center there for the kids - it has a great program where we can visit children's & science museums across the US for free (we went to one just this week in PA)

I ordered the photopass CD! After a few email exchanges, I finally got a personal instead of generic answer. The guy said he checked my account and added the missing "Chip" signature (and took Dale off in the process? Apparently when you meet both chipmunks you can only get one signature. No love for both at the same time??? At least I had already used Dale's signature and they didn't remove it from the picture). He also said that at the moment there are no Rapunzel specific border available. It sucks, as I know there were a few available last month, but not much I can do about it.

I also have about half my intro written. I have a very busy weekend planned, but hopefully I can have the TR up by the end of next week. :goodvibes

I did one with mixbook and it came out awesome. I gave one to my MIL and another to my SIL. I used some stock photos from Disney to give it more of Disney feel. I would suggest them too- they had a 40% off sale and seem to have them frequently (also if no sale they have 20% off for signing up)

I am about 90 minutes from Burlington, it's one of the closest cities to us. We go there a lot, we joined the science center there for the kids - it has a great program where we can visit children's & science museums across the US for free (we went to one just this week in PA)

Shutterfly frequently send me emails with discounts for the photobooks as well. I'll stick with them for now as I'm used to them and lvoe how they work, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind should I ever become dissatisfied with Shutterfly. It's a good idea to use stock photos. I can maybe use them as backgrounds.

I love children and science museums. So much fun! It's awesome that you can get into all the ones in the US for free!! :thumbsup2

I just happened upon your post. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. We are actually doing the same thing. My mom recently passed away and we are also using some of the money we received to take our first Disney trip. Our kids are DS-5 and DD-3. This will also be my DH and I's first time. I am so excited! I kinda felt guilty at first but then my nanny said that this is something that my mom would have done for us if she had the means to. She said that this would make her smile from heaven.

I just happened upon your post. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. We are actually doing the same thing. My mom recently passed away and we are also using some of the money we received to take our first Disney trip. Our kids are DS-5 and DD-3. This will also be my DH and I's first time. I am so excited! I kinda felt guilty at first but then my nanny said that this is something that my mom would have done for us if she had the means to. She said that this would make her smile from heaven.

Thank you. My condolences to you too. I'm glad you are taking a trip to Disney. You guys are going to have so much fun!!! Don't feel guilty, I'm sure your mom approves. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter