• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In and Out in a Day

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and update everyone on how we are doing. I really appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts. They are helping. Alan and I are doing much better. We are in counseling, and are working through some issues. It's a long road, but I feel much better about things than I did. A couple of weeks ago, I was sure that separation was in our future, but I think we'll be ok.

Katie is also seeing a counselor. She is suffering from anxiety and major depression. She came to us to let us know that she was having suicidal thoughts, so to counseling she went. We should know in the next week if she needs medication, or if the counseling is helping enough. Keep her in your prayers, please.

Financially, we are in a tough spot, but that's nothing new. We are handling it, as best we can, and hoping that things will get better soon.

As for Thanksgiving, I am taking the kids to my dad's house. Alan has to work a double shift on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, so we are going to my dads. That should be fun, and restful, since Black Friday shopping is not really an option where he lives. If we wanted to do any of that, we'd have to drive at least an hour, to St. George, or 3 hours to Vegas, so I'm thinking we are going to hunker down at dad's house with leftovers and Christmas movies.

We have Pie Night #1 on Monday night. I'm making a Reese's fudge pie, and a raspberry cream pie. Possibly a Derby pie, but we'll see. I also have auditions Monday afternoon for the play I'm directing, so I don't want to spread myself thin.

Pie Night #2 will be next Wednesday (also Timmy's birthday), at my dad's house. I'm making an Eggnog cream pie, and a pecan pie and a cherry pie. Yum!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! And thanks again for your love!

Glynis- :hug:

Nancy- yes I got a turkey. I can laugh about it now, at first I was really ticked and a little worried since those cards have personal information attached to them.

Busy weekend ahead. Tonight I have basket Bingo and tomorrow and Sunday will be "clean the hoarderish family room" time. :rotfl: I have a really large desk down there that I am replacing but I have a lot of crap to sort and clean out to do it. My two oldest godsons are coming home for Thanksgiving next week so I have to get it all done this weekend so that they can help me get rid of the old desk.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Nan ~ I would love to share the concert with you but there was NO video or pictures allowed. Elizabeth got a DVD and they will send it to her. There was a lady in the row over on her phone and they swarmed down on her lickey split to turn it off. I didn't even take my phone in. But it was amazing and yes I was so proud.
Congratulations on your grades. Doesn't surprise me on bit - I always knew you were very smart. I am proud of you!!

Marilyn ~ Good thing they replaced your card and your turkey. That was the right thing to do. Obviously they needed it more.
Good luck cleaning.

Glynis ~ Thanks so much for the update. I had been thinking of you. Prayers will continue for all of you.
Safe travels to your Dads.

PIO ~ We are heading down to Albuquerque, New Mexico for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to get out of Dodge for awhile. :yay:

Oh.My.Gosh the State Children's Choir was amazing. There were 350 children from all over the State of Nebraska. They sang 7 songs. What an awesome concert. I was so proud. Ethan is on the shorter side and I was worried I wouldn't see him but he was on the front row. As soon as he got situated we started waving and he saw us. :yay: He never saw his Momma and Dad but he did see us. I was so happy.

Tonight we are going to Disney on Ice. I am so darn excited. I know the kiddos will like it but nothing compared to me. The whole family is going - all 10 of us. My family loves anything Disney and it has been 3 years since we have been able to go, so this is going to be the next best thing. I think Matthew is just as excited as the littles. What a way to start our Vacation.

We are leaving bright and early Sunday morning for Albuquerque, New Mexico. We will caravan down in 4 vehicles. Doug, Matthew and I want to get to Trinidad CO on Sunday night. I think Dad and Kathy are going to drive straight thru. Marty and Stephanie and Jay and Elizabeth are going to go with the babies in mind. It could take them longer to get there as they aren't going to push them at all. I want to eat in Santa Fe on Monday for lunch. We saw a neat place on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives the other night that we want to go to. Sounds like fun!! We will be back on Sunday December 1st so you all play nice while I am gone and have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

Nancy - Your pies have me drooling. And congrats on those scores so far.
We don't do Thanksgiving Down Under; so it'll just be another day.

Glynis - :hug:. So nice to get an update on where you are at; good news and not so good news. I've been thinking of you and hoping that you and Alan are going okay. Take care of yourself!

I hope Katie is doing well with the counselor and I wish her good health.

Marilyn - Ooh! I'm glad you did get the turkey in the end and that the store was really good about that. I would be worried about the personal information too. With the card cancelled, does this mean that the information can no longer be accessed?

Ellen - You're deliberately taking the left turn to Albuquerque? WOW! I've always wanted to get there....ever since the first time I heard Bugs Bunny mention it. One of these days, I will. Enjoy your thanksgiving. Sounds like it will be fantastic.
Hope you enjoyed DIsney on Ice. The choir sounds amazing. Wish I could hear them.

Only one more month to Christmas and I'm trying to step up the preparation. I've decided that there is not enough time between now and Christmas to get everything I'd like done. So, some things might need to fall by the wayside.

The most important thing.....food! I need to start ordering my turkey and buying salmon to freeze up. It gets stupid expensive the closer it is to Christmas.

Have a great day everyone and I hope you had a good weekend.

PIO- Christmas has me cringing this year. I have done nothing. NOT A THING. I am not at all happy about it, but have decided to just do what I can. I'll start decorating next weekend, right after Thanksgiving. I like to get the outdoor decorations done earlier while it is warm but HOLY COW! It is freezing and windy so they are going to wait!

Glynis- I have been thinking about Katie,. Poor kid, she is going through the toughest time a girl can go through, so I am glad she is getting the professional support she needs. So many parents avoid it, and hope that it works itself out, but I think that is never a good plan. She will be able to share thoughts with her counselor that she could never share with you, no matter how much she trusts you, so a giant hug for having to courage to let go. How are you doing? I worry about you.

Ellen- I hope your weekend was safe and happy! Disney on Ice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome way to kick start the Holiday and winter seasons!

We are going to Mannheim Steamroller next Sunday! :yay::yay: I am so excited! Buddy and I don't do much for gift giving to each other, but we do try to go to a special Christmas event together every year.

Oh well, I have to work today, and then get ready for class tonight.

Marilyn - Ooh! I'm glad you did get the turkey in the end and that the store was really good about that. I would be worried about the personal information too. With the card cancelled, does this mean that the information can no longer be accessed?

It should no longer be accessible.

So Friday night I went to the annual bingo fundraiser for the godsons high school. This year they had prizes that included Longaberger, Vera Bradley or Coach items. And this year I got a BINGO!!! :cheer2:

They play 20 regular games and 5 special games and the one I won was one of the specials. We had to get an X shape and I was down to O 65. I kept saying 65 over and over in my head and when he finally called it I screamed Bingo so loud I scared the crap out of everyone. :rotfl: I won a Coach wallet, gift cards for a hair salon, nail salon and local restaurant, and bath items. I also got a door prize. It was a Coach iPhone cover and a coupon for a free muffin at a new bakery that just opened up.

Our table was the big winner this time, there is usually one table that seems to win a lot, and 4 of us got Bingo prizes, two got door prizes and my BFF won a raffle item. The funny thing is she bought 5 raffle tickets and put 4 in for a basket that had an iPad in it and one in for the item she won which was a Longaberger basket that had a Bra-la-la gift card and bag, pajamas and a Yankee candle. I told her next time do the opposite. ;)

Well I'm off for now. Everyone have a nice TG and I'll see you later! :wave2:

Marilyn- congrats on being part of the winning table! BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGirl!

I was wondering what everyone is doing for Thanksgiving. I am having a smallish gathering, just the family, Buddy's cousin and Erica's Mom. Marisa is cooking several vegetable dishes, and Daniel is in charge of his ever so special potato rolls and some good bread for sandwiches, and Donny is bring soda and a few munchies. I will take care of teh rest.

I feel like a slug, but I am not getting crazy this year, so tomorrow will be some prep and what I don't get done I'll finish on Thursday. We are not havinf dinner until 4 becasue Erica's Mom is not getting in until 3.

My girls are coming over to color Thanksgiving Day Tablecloths, so I may need to skedaddle!

Marilyn - Good news on the BINGO!!! and that your info is no longer accessible. BTW - When I'm up to it, I may post some pictures of some quilts I saw in Pagosa Springs. I thought of you when I saw them. I still need to load them on Photobucket.

Nancy - Your TG celebrations sound fantastic. Enjoy!

Happy TG everyone! We don't celebrate it in Oz....so I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

Hey Youse,

I know Im a day early but today Im thankfully Colin had a bad day at work.
To cheer himself up he booked Florida flights !!!

:thumbsup2:lmao:

Hi Ladies - I am home!!

We had a wonderful time. We ran into some rough weather right out of Trinidad Co on Monday. Getting through the pass was a bit dicey. I just kept reading and Doug went real slow and we got through it. Marty and Stephanie followed us and we all made it. The weather in Albuquerque was amazing. It had been cold the few days before but was glorious while we were there. Didn't wear a coat once. The guys even got to golf twice.

There were 25 of us all together for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a very nice day - rather loud with 8 littles there but all good fun. We played spoons, pitch, crazy 8's, trivia pursuit and took nice long walks. It was just great being with family. Their pool was open and heated so there were even a few pool games. All in all a great day. We all left on Saturday and Praise the Lord we all made it home just fine.

We had a Hanging of the Greens here at the Church yesterday. I fixed the soup and made the bread. The Church looks so nice all ready for Advent.

PIO ~ I love your attitude. What gets done will get done. I need to remember that.

Nan ~ I love the Mannheim Steamroller - if that doesn't get you in the holiday spirit, nothing will. Enjoy!!

Vicky ~ WooHoo - flights to Florida are the best pick me upper anywhere. Good for you.

Lori ~ Good to see you my friend.

Marilyn ~ Way to go. I love playing BINGO, but never win a thing. You had a very lucky night.

WFDT ~ Salisbury steaks, roasted beets, mashed potatoes and gravy.

Make it a great day.

Morning ladies,

PIO ~ Thanks, we really did have a good time.

It is so cold out today. We have wind chills at -10 this morning. The temp is only at 12. Monday we had 60 degree weather. This is so hard on the livestock. They aren't ready for it to be this cold. Plus there are calves dropping. North of us got upwards of 10" of snow overnight so I guess I should quit complaining.

Today is Liam's 2nd birthday. How in the world did that happen? I really can't believe that little scoot is already 2. He is such a joy for our family and a true gift from God. He is our miracle baby!! His party is tonight and it is Mickey Mouse themed. He LOVES Mickey - but calls him Hot Dog. Took us the longest time to figure out what he was meaning. Every time he saw Mickey he would yell - HOT DOG, HOT DOG! Well come to find out when you watch the Mickey Mouse show they have a song - Hot Dog, Hot Dog, and he associates it to Mickey. It really is so darn cute. Anyway tonight is party time!

WFDT ~ Liam's favorite - Hot Dog's (of course) and Macaroni and Cheese - the blue box kind.

Make it a great day!!

Ellen - Happy Birthday to Liam. That was a fast 2 years. Stay warm.

We're officially in summer and we had a couple of days this week in the 90's. Today? It's back to wintery conditions. We are expecting cold and rain and temps of high 50's/low 60's.

Morning Ladies,

PIO ~ You stay cool and I will try to stay warm. :rotfl2:

The Birthday party was so much fun. He got the cutest indoor trampoline from his parents and his other grandparents got him a trike. He loves loves trucks and tractors so of course he got a few of those. All in all a great night. I just can't believe he is 2 already!!

It is beyond cold here this morning. My car said 1, but with the wind they are saying the wind chill is -18. To darn cold in my opinion. But not a cloud in the sky and it is the prettiest blue ever. If you look out you would never think it is that cold.

Tomorrow is our big Country Store. It is our biggest UMW money maker. The ladies work all year for this. The goodies have already started coming in. I can't wait to see all the bazaar items. These ladies are great with their handy work. I always find just the right thing.

WFDT ~ Pork Chops and applesauce (said the way Bobby Brady did :D) stuffing, and glazed carrots.

Make it a great day all!!

I hope everyone stays safe and warm. We're hearing of another storm front hitting that mid-west/east coast area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter