Imperial Cities, September 2nd Trip report

disneytraveler

<font color=purple>will the real celeb please step
I left Logan Airport at 10pm with no problem on my Northwest/KLM flight to
Amsterdam. I made sure i ate dinner at the airport before boarding. My connecting KLM flight was at 12:20pm and i arrived at the portal in time. Upon take off, the plane had mechanical problems.:rolleyes1 The airpressure was not working and it was getting hot inside. At 2, the captain tells us that this plane is not going anywhere.:mad: However, another one would be
next to us in 10 minutes(actually 50 minutes later:mad: 3pm). I board this plane and we finally take off. It takes 1 and half to get to Austria so i am thinking i will definately miss the ABD reception. I will be able to attend the
dinner though. Upon arriving at the airport in Austria,i was very pleased to
see ABD reps waiting for me.:) I did attend the dinner.:yay:

:) The first full day of sightseeing in Vienna we went to Schonbrunn Palace. It is a huge palace with beautiful grounds. There was guided tour through the palace grounds and rooms. No pictures could be taken inside but outside is ok. We were here for several hours! Then we took a mini train to Tirolerhof
for lunch. I order the vienerschnitzel ! Two huge servings were on the plate! It looked more like dinner.:goodvibes After lunch and around 215pm, we went
back to the hotel. In the evening, we had a private tour of the Vienna Zoo after closing. After the tour , dinner was at the Imperial Pavillion.:)

Photos coming:)

scan002-3.jpg

We also watched a applestrudel demonstration and ate some strudel. Afterwards, a marrionette show and back stage viewing of the puppets. The theater played a classical theme. The puppets are small while the marrionette
i bought in Venice last year is big and heavy.:) On the stage , they seemed larger !

Our next day in Vienna was themed, Symphony of Sights. After a great breakfast buffet, we went on a walking tour of Vienna. It was interesting to see that you can walk into an alley and see old preserved houses and buildings behind more modern places. Along the way, we also saw St. Stephens Cathedral and several momuments!:) In addition, we saw Hofburg Palace to.
Our walking tour finished at the hotel. Next, we boarded the bus to take us to Festschlos Hof , another palace. It is almost like a summer residence.

scan003-1.jpg

Behind the scenes at a marrionette show in Vienna!

The peformance before this was magical:wizard:

We had our bags packed and ready to leave Vienna early in the morning. After a great breakfast buffet , we were on our way to Durnstein. Durnstein is a nice pretty village. At the top of a hill is the castle where Richard the Lionhearted was held prisoner. It takes about 20 minutes each to walk up the steps to the castle and the same time back. I figured i would miss the cruise along the Danube if i did it. Therefore, i opted to stroll along the streets and shop . I bought some wine and some very pretty Christmas ornaments . The crusie ship arrived at 10:50 am and we were on our way down the Danube. A great big lunch was included also. I was very pleased with the cruise. It was a slow ride down the river with many sights! Along the way, many casltes perched ontop mountains and towns could be seen.

The weather was perfect! :wizard: Very sunny and hot! I tried a drink called
Sturim. Its a high alcohol drink made with wine. Its almost like orange aide and wine, very sweet.:)

Around 130pm, we were on the bus at Melk to our next Hotel in Salzburg.
We had the rest of the afternoon until 630 pm for ourselves. At 630pm , dinner was at St.Peters Restaurant!:)

Hi Steve! Glad to see your trip report. Did you enjoy this trip as much as Viva Italia? How was the food? The shopping? You know how I like to shop! I think of our trip all the time. Hope you're doing well!:goodvibes

Hi Steve! Glad to see your trip report. Did you enjoy this trip as much as Viva Italia? How was the food? The shopping? You know how I like to shop! I think of our trip all the time. Hope you're doing well!:goodvibes

Hi Ronny!:goodvibes :)
This trip was totally different than Viva Italia. Mostly due to it being different country. It had so much to see and we did alot. Its really hard to compare the two. I loved Italy because i have never been there. I have traveled to Austria before but only to Innsbrook. With Italy, i really loved Tuscanny and Venice:)
Remember how sad i was leaving the villas. Only to find out we Venice was even better:wizard:

With this trip, i liked all of it. :)
The food was good. Shopping-:) There were alot of nice shops in Durnstein
and in Salzburg. In Prague, there are many shops to. Theres awhole street
for tourist shops selling jewerly, chrystal,puppets,and other things. There is
also a pricie shoppping area to. I helped one woman in our tour to get a good marrionette. She bought it at an open market.:)

I am doing fine. Good to see you to:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter