I'm.........

Sorry about the family dynamics. Never fun to deal with.

Hope your dog is okay.....and behavior returns to normal. Give her space.....if she wants to be affectionate again she will come to you

Thank you and it’s definitely not fun - we just take things one day at a time and cherish the moments that we do get with both DD & DGS.

I’m so happy that my 2 big Christmas trees are up - I love looking at them. They make me happy :goodvibes
Friday is when the remainder of the house gets decorated. The house is currently partially Fall & partially Christmas 🍁🎄

Oh my, that’s cold!!

34 here.

How is your dog??
Too cold!!
61 here, going to b e 80 today

Yes, how is your dog doing?

Thank you for asking - she’s doing better
I spoke with another vet today, who I like better than the vet on Saturday, and she prescribed a pain medication and a pill to help her with anxiety. Sophie is in the process of kidney failure, which she was diagnosed with in May. This vet is concerned that she is also showing signs of dementia, which is displayed with aggression and she may have internal pain due to the kidney problem. With her being 13 1/2 we are going to try to make her comfortable until her quality of life is no longer good for her. All this, along with her recently losing most of her hearing. It’s gotta be hard for her 😞

Thank you for asking - she’s doing better
I spoke with another vet today, who I like better than the vet on Saturday, and she prescribed a pain medication and a pill to help her with anxiety. Sophie is in the process of kidney failure, which she was diagnosed with in May. This vet is concerned that she is also showing signs of dementia, which is displayed with aggression and she may have internal pain due to the kidney problem. With her being 13 1/2 we are going to try to make her comfortable until her quality of life is no longer good for her. All this, along with her recently losing most of her hearing. It’s gotta be hard for her 😞

Glad she is feeling better.
So hard when they age and the medical things start coming and worsening.
She has a good home with you.
Sorry for her people having to go through this.

Glad she is feeling better.
So hard when they age and the medical things start coming and worsening.
She has a good home with you.
Sorry for her people having to go through this.

Thank you!
This new pain pill will hopefully help.
Can you believe that the vet on Saturday wouldn’t prescribe her a pill because he said, “Since she bites you she won’t take a pill from you.”
I told him that simply is not true - I give her a treat everyday. I’m so glad that the vet I talked to yesterday was kind and helped me to help Sophie.

I’m looking forward to making my pumpkin bundt cake tonight - it’s so good. My DH isn’t a big fan of pumpkin pie (my MIL is bringing that) and he asked me to make the cake. We are going to have so many desserts here - pumpkin pie, chocolate cream pie (my mom brings), the bundt cake and some cookies (I have those for DD’s BF - he doesn’t eat cake or pie). We’ll be eating the leftovers for a week - LOL!
It’s alright - tis the season :goodvibes :cloud9::hyper:

We have baking early today (DD has an appointment).
Then I will do the little bit of fixings I am doing for tomorrow.
Spinach artichoke dip, cheese sauce (for pretzel bites), mashed potatoes and some low carb pumpkin custard for me.
DH doesn't like pumpkin pie either. He loves pumpkin bread though. I will have to get one done sometime. I have a big, heavy bowl that has to be used because it was the one my mother used every year for her pumpkin bread. It's tan stone wear and very heavy.

Tomorrow he will eat the chocolate silk pie

Happy Thanksgiving from our house to yours!
I’m gonna head downstairs and get on the elliptical for an hour, then take Katie for our Thanksgiving Starbucks (we’ve been doing this for about 10 years. Even though she drives herself there now, she doesn’t want to break tradition), then I need to peel sweet potatoes and get my corn casserole prepared and then everyone comes over at 1:00pm and we’ll eat around 2:00pm. Have a great day everyone! :wave:

I’m going out amoungst the living soon (to church). I haven’t left the house since Thursday morning when DD18 and I went to get our Thanksgiving Starbucks. It’s been nice staying home and decorating the house. I guess it’s time to get back to normal life - LOL!

I'm still staying home (until tomorrow). Doing laundry and cleaning downstairs.......and then hopefully getting the tree decorating started. I will finish tomorrow

Not too happy.
Found out this afternoon that one of the people we spent Thanksgiving with tested positive today :(
Luckily we weren't close to her much. But did hug her goodbye.
She tested negative that morning and is fully vaccinated and is always very careful.....but she did fly to get here and flew home yesterday morning.
So DS went and got 6 tests.....we all tested negative and will repeat it tomorrow evening.
DS was more concerned because she stayed with them and DGS has no vaccine.

Wondering…. Will Canada flights be stopped since they apparently have two confirmed cases of Omicron in Otttawa.
:(.

ugh!

Not too happy.
Found out this afternoon that one of the people we spent Thanksgiving with tested positive today :(
Luckily we weren't close to her much. But did hug her goodbye.
She tested negative that morning and is fully vaccinated and is always very careful.....but she did fly to get here and flew home yesterday morning.
So DS went and got 6 tests.....we all tested negative and will repeat it tomorrow evening.
DS was more concerned because she stayed with them and DGS has no vaccine.

I’m sorry to hear this - keep us updated with how and your family are doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter