I'm so disappointed and I don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could make rules that allow for those voluntarily showing proof of vaccination get to enter with a different arm band and thus no mask...but they can't demand showing proof because of HIPPA laws.
found in the HIPAA journal today:
"According to several media sources, there appears to be a degree of confusion about the purpose of HIPAA, who it applies to, and whether asking someone if they have had a COVID-19 vaccine constitutes a HIPAA violation. The confusion was highlighted recently when, on May 18, 2021, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, (R-Ga) was asked whether she had been vaccinated, as she had refused to wear a mask on the House floor in breach of House rules. Greene told reporters that asking her about her vaccine status was a HIPAA violation, but this was not correct as HIPAA does not apply in such situations"

Just curious.....why would you cancel your trip over having to wear a mask indoors?
I haven't decided yet about cancelling. If it were only indoors I'd be fine with masks. However, it looks like it is also in lines that are outside. (Slinky Dog, 7DMT, BTMRR, etc.) The thought of wearing a mask in an outdoor line, crammed full of people is what has me concerned about the heat and a mask. I will say that I've been to Disney in August many times, so I understand what the heat is like then. Maybe adding a mask won't really be that much worse?

They could make rules that allow for those voluntarily showing proof of vaccination get to enter with a different arm band and thus no mask...but they can't demand showing proof because of HIPPA laws.

FWIW, HIPPA prohibits medical providers from disclosing information about their patients, in general. It governs medical providers, not all medical information, period. It isn't a HIPPA violation for anybody else to ask medical questions, or to make decisions based on answers given.

Attorney/Client privilege means that my lawyer isn't allowed to reveal my income to the world, but that doesn't mean others can't ask about my income, or approve/deny loans based on that.

@M&E (the OP of this thread) I hope you're reading live reports from people who are there today and continue to read over the weekend. It will help you to decide whether the change is one that you can deal with and still enjoy your visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter