I'm so disappointed and I don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

M&E

Mouseketeer
Myself and 2 sons are scheduled to go to Disney at the end of August. Just saw this announcement today:

Starting July 30th, Disney World will require all guests, regardless of vaccination status, to wear masks in an indoor locations. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions, either indoor or outdoor.

Does this mean that we have to wear masks in outdoor lines as well? (Slinky Dog Dash for example) I'm just not sure we are willing to pay that much $ to stand in the August Florida heat with a mask on.

Assuming I'm reading the new directive correctly? I think we would still go if it just meant indoors because air conditioning makes a big difference, but in outdoor lines, I'm not so sure.

Do I need to call Disney to see about cancelling? I've already paid my full balance. Will I get that back? And I bought Boo Bash tickets. Ugh. I know I'm sounding like a whiney baby, but I'm so over wearing masks!

Myself and 2 sons are scheduled to go to Disney at the end of August. Just saw this announcement today:

Starting July 30th, Disney World will require all guests, regardless of vaccination status, to wear masks in an indoor locations. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions, either indoor or outdoor.

Does this mean that we have to wear masks in outdoor lines as well? (Slinky Dog Dash for example) I'm just not sure we are willing to pay that much $ to stand in the August Florida heat with a mask on.

Assuming I'm reading the new directive correctly? I think we would still go if it just meant indoors because air conditioning makes a big difference, but in outdoor lines, I'm not so sure.

Do I need to call Disney to see about cancelling? I've already paid my full balance. Will I get that back? And I bought Boo Bash tickets. Ugh. I know I'm sounding like a whiney baby, but I'm so over wearing masks!
I think we will see clarification on whether outdoor queues and attractions will require masks once the policy goes into effect. I would wait until after this weekend for the dust to settle before making a decision.

I know this is disheartening - I'm going 9/7. We have to do it though if we go - as long as they don't require masks 100% - indoors and outdoors I'm going. Like you said, AC inside makes it bearable. I think before they lifted the mask requirements this year you did have to wear a mask in the queues - inside or out.

If you decide to go, wear the surgical disposable masks and use a neck fan for the outdoor queue. However, I have a feeling that CMs at SDD might not reinforce the new rule as everything is outside with multiple giant fans blowing simultaneously, plus the plexiglass dividers are still up at some places. That was my favorite queue, despite the 80 minutes wait, during my trip in July.

Have an awesome trip if your family decides to go!!

I know this is disheartening - I'm going 9/7. We have to do it though if we go - as long as they don't require masks 100% - indoors and outdoors I'm going. Like you said, AC inside makes it bearable. I think before they lifted the mask requirements this year you did have to wear a mask in the queues - inside or out.
Yes. I went in January and we wore masks the entire time (except in our room). It was fine because it was actually a little chilly most of the time. August heat is so much different though. I can't imagine standing in the Slinky Dog line, or BTMRR or 7DMT lines with a mask on now. Those lines are so hot in August even without a mask.

The part you bolded seems to pretty clearly answer your question. Whether they enforce it or not is a different story.

We too have a trip planned to start a week from today and have decided to wait until tomorrow and Saturday to hear first hand reports on how this wollbe implemented. If we're being asked to wear them in the outside parts of ques; we will NOT go. We did it last Sept. and it was just miserable and we won't pay that kind of money to do it again.

I don't think calling Disney will get you any real answers as they usually give the wrong info. anyways. I think your best bet is to wait for first hand reports in the next few days. Unfortunately for us, we'll have to cancel by Sunday which puts some pressure on, but we're going to have to go with whatever we know by Saturday night, because absolutely no one in our party of 12 are will to go with any kind of outdoor masks. We've already had 1 part of our group pull out because of the indoor mask requirement that came out yesterday, so we'll see.

Yes. I went in January and we wore masks the entire time (except in our room). It was fine because it was actually a little chilly most of the time. August heat is so much different though. I can't imagine standing in the Slinky Dog line, or BTMRR or 7DMT lines with a mask on now. Those lines are so hot in August even without a mask.
So true. We went in early March and it was cool for March and the masks, while still a bit annoying, were not a big deal at all...however last year in Sept....just miserable and that was with capacity limits. There's just no way we'll do it again,let alone pay that kind of money to make us all miserable.

Reactions: M&E
when we were in wdw in early June, while masks were still required inside and In queues, we were directed to wear our masks in the outside lines of 7 dwarf mine train, and slinky dog while outside. So no change for us on our next trip the end of august.

We visited in September of last year, so masks were required indoors and out. I have a daughter who overheats easily and expected the worst, but none of us were really bothered. We just stopped (to the side and distanced, as required) and had drinks or lined up for an indoor attraction like CoP ,whenever it got to be too much

It's not worth it $ wise right now imo. We went in April May we are pass holders and go frequently but I truly feel it's not worth it at this time add in a mask in 90 plus degree heat with no fast passes, staff shortages not everything not being open and massive lines outside skip this year and go next when you will get your monies worth and not have to mask on top of it all. I also dont think you are being a whiny baby for not wanting to have a mask on vacation. Who wants to spend thousands to have to stay in the sun with a mask on your face wait a little bit I think you will be glad you did

Last edited:
If they are going to require masks then they should do it correctly and require them when you can’t social distance. I would be mad if I had to wear them all day long in the lines in the heat and then at night when everyone is crammed in for the fireworks, you don’t have to wear it.

Orange County is doing really bad now and it would be horrible PR for Disney if they don’t appear to being doing something. A huge portion of their guests can’t be vaccinated so they have to seem that they care about the health and safety of their guests

I absolutely don't blame you for hating masks. I myself despise wearing one. That being said, we took our boys to Disney in mid-May and had to wear masks all trip both outside and inside. I prayed they would lift the mandate for wearing them outside, but they didn't. I have to say that we had just about the most wonderful family trip to Disney and we have done quite a few. The masks didn't really affect our trip or change anything. I was happy that we were allowed to remove them for photopass photos. I do not think you should cancel. You'll never get these days back with your boys the ages they are now and you will make magical memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter