I'm panicking about the Covid paperwork

cheryl.UK

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I'm asking for help because I'm going round in circles with the Virgin chat .

1 We have the NHS apps on our phones that show our vaccination records. Is that all we need or do we need some sort of printout

2 I am completely lost about the US Passenger Disclosure. Virgin have sent us a link to a document but once I've filled it in, what do I do with it? Am I supposed to send it somewhere? Do I just take a paper copy with me? The virgin chat just keeps telling me where to find it and when to fill it in but then nothing,

We set off on Thursday and due to my mum dying just a couple of weeks ago, I'm so unprepared.

Please help guys.

Sorry for your loss.

I always print off everything I can, regardless, if only because 'devices' can stop being useful at no notice. But also because it's much simpler to hand airport staff a few bits of A4 paper than trying to show, perhaps multiple, screens on your small phone screen that you'd rather not let go of.

We also fly on Thursday using Delta who are a partner of Virgin.
we had to upload covid passes to ‘My Booking’ part of the website, it did say that if you have any issues uploading then take everything to the airport,

I have contact tracing form, attestation of covid form, pdf of NHS covid pass and usual Advanced passenger info like passport and address when staying
also done Esta of course..

Sorry for your loss.

We flew last month with Virgin. From your questions:
1) Yes, NHS app on your phone is fine. We got printouts from the NHS website just because the apps sometimes played up for us.

2) When you 'submit' the passenger disclose / declaration form on the Virgin site nothing else is needed.

At check-in they asked for the the NHS app proof and that was all. At US customers they didn't ask for anything other than passports. Even our ESTA printouts weren't asked for at any point in the journey.

3 of us flying Virgin in 2 weeks and none of us are taking mobiles with us. I was intending to print out our latest covid vacs from the NHS Scotland app. Will the print out be acceptable on its own with out having the app to show?
Am I right in thinking I should leave the print out to do until X number of days prior to flying?

Getting a little worried the flight date approaches that I’m maybe doing something wrong :(

Will the print out be acceptable on its own with out having the app to show?
Yes, as long as the barcode is clear - that's what is scanned if they need to check validity for some reason. (That code will be what the system reads when you upload these to Verifly or the airline before travel.)

Am I right in thinking I should leave the print out to do until X number of days prior to flying?
I only have access to the English version but if Scotland is similar them each time you access the pass it regenerates and gets a valid till date about 6 months away. I'd be surprised if you can't print it off two weeks ahead without a problem but just check the valid date covers your trip.

Yes, as long as the barcode is clear - that's what is scanned if they need to check validity for some reason. (That code will be what the system reads when you upload these to Verifly or the airline before travel.)

The 2D barcode (QR code) is cryptographically signed by the issuing authority (e.g. NHS). If you tamper with details the signature wont match and will be flagged as invalid.

A belts and braces approach is to
a) install the app so you can get it if connected to data/wifi
b) print the pdf the app can generate (or request one via phone) so you have a non-digital copy
c) install the Google/iOS Wallet versions of EACH dose so you have a quick digital access in the event you can't use (a) at the time of needing and for some reason something is up with (b)

It should be noted only last week did the app go down https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62599489

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter