I'm Not Really Harry Potter, But I AM the Rebel Spy! Oct 2016 TR *COMPLETE + New TR Link 8/6

Such great pictures around the world showcase. How fun for your son to get his Duffy stamped in each country and you daughter was having a good time as well. I love the TT pictures, your husband caught some good ones of your son and his excitement.

glad you enjoyed the new meet & greet spot with Mickey and Minnie - fully agree it is nice to get both for one wait in line and the settings are really nice they have for them. When we went I tried to take a picture of spell book and the PP photographer pointed it out and Mickey gave me the "hands on hips means not happy with what you are doing" playfully

The setups are so great! I still liked Minnie's old dressing room in the animation building a little better, but this one is still really nice. I guess he didn't want you getting any of his secrets!

Great call taking advantage of the nice weather at EPCOT - and wow, that's awesome you got to all of the kidscot stations in one day

I was surprised we were able to make it to all of them considering we only had a goal of getting to half of them. Once we got halfway around, we just weren't ready to leave yet because the weather was so nice!

haha, love this picture. Definitely been there with my kids (it got to the point of my dipping my finger in the beer to let them try it assuming they would hate it .. nope, they all loved it and only made them want it more!)

She still makes this face anytime someone has a food or drink she wants!! I don't think she got a taste of the beer, but it wasn't for lack of trying. lol

yeah, I mean, I guess he liked it a little ;)

Just a tad

As I was reading your report I was thinking the same thing, and making a mental note to see some this next trip! Aria would get a kick out of them!

DS really enjoyed it, so I'm sure Aria would too! We always seem to stumble upon the acrobats in China at the end of their set, but I think he would like to see them too next time we have a nice day in Epcot.

Hahaha, what did your DH think? I'm not a beer drinker either :-/

He said he really liked it. He's not much of a beer drinker either, but he enjoys one on occasion and said if given the choice between the Hanson beer or a Budweiser, he'd pick the Hanson one.

This is hilarious and so cute!

She was quite adamant about getting a sip! lol She still does that when she wants some of whatever you have.

Loved this series of photos! So sweet

She was being oh so cute!

WOW that sounds amazing!! I didn't read much about F&W last year since we were missing it, but I will be sure to look for the chocolate booth details for this year!

Forgot to quote, but loved the photos of Paxton on TT too, so cute! And how funny he walked around with rocks in his shoes lol!

The chocolate booth had a few things that sounded good, but we ended up picking one to split. It was the clear winner of the day! So delicious.

He is apparently so used to having pebbles in his shoes from the playground at school that he didn't even notice they were there ALL DAY!

What? Really? No way! :rolleyes1

I know this is shocking information...

She's just a little thirsty... :drinking1 :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Now she can ask "Bite?" or "Sip?" if she wants what you have but back then it was just the wide open baby bird mouth. It cracked us up every time!

That's a great picture! She looks so happy.

Thank you!

Cheap entertainment.

You know as long as you don't have to buy all those Duffys.

EXACTLY!! Thankfully she was perfectly content just taking them in and out!

That's great! I'm glad you got to enjoy so much of World Showcase. It really looks like everyone was in a good mood and enjoying themselves. Those perfect Disney days can be hard to come by.

They really can be, especially with little ones who can get miserable in a heartbeat. It was so nice to take advantage of the perfect weather, even if it meant switching up our plans a bit on the fly.

Sounds like such a nice time exploring all the countries!

DD's face with the beer is PRICELESS! :rotfl:

The PP pics of you and DD in Germany are so cute, and I love that she was having fun playing with the Duffy bears!

DS's face on Test Track is precious, so much excitement!

It really sounds like it was a perfect day for you all! :)

It was the most time we have ever spent in World Showcase exploring, and it was so nice to have the time to do so.

She is a character!!

DS loves the speed on Test Track, so I'm hoping now that he's a bit older he'll be a little more adventurous on our Disneyland trip.

It really was!

I enjoyed reading about your trip around the World Showcase! Sounds like a pretty perfect day at Disney. Rebel Spy twice - how funny is that? Cute pictures of your DD with the beer and DS on Test Track. You did so much and still got to bed early - my kind of day :-)

It was definitely a perfect day, I couldn't have dreamed of better weather. The one good thing to come out of Hurricane Matthew, I guess! And yes, the true test of a perfect Disney day is getting to do so much and still getting to bed at a decent time to be up and ready for the next day!

Such great pictures around the world showcase. How fun for your son to get his Duffy stamped in each country and you daughter was having a good time as well. I love the TT pictures, your husband caught some good ones of your son and his excitement.

I love that DH gets such fun pictures of DS enjoying the thrill rides. I'm always too afraid to take my phone out to take a photo! But it's the moments I'll treasure when he's a bit older and more difficult to impress.

Your pictures are fabulous! Sounds like a wonderful day in Epcot!

Thanks!! It was truly the most perfect Disney day.

Day 4: Tuesday October 11th

Thankfully we’d had an early night the evening before, because we had an early day planned today getting to Magic Kingdom for rope drop! Despite the fact that we were going to MNSSHP that night, we were trying to make it for an 8 am opening. Probably not the best plan to have such an early morning and a late night, but we were feeling optimistic, I guess.

We were up at 5:45 and took our breakfast to go. We were out the door by a few minutes before 7 to leave for the TTC.

There was a ferry waiting at the dock, so we decided to use that as our transportation over to the MK gates.

We had about 15 minutes to wait before the opening show, so we put on sunscreen and had our breakfasts.

Untitled
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Untitled
I’m sure they were playing Pokémon Go.

October 2016 04-006

October 2016 04-007
Similar to how we saw Wishes in July without knowing it would be our last time to see it, this was also the very last time we would see the opening show. I feel like we didn’t have enough appreciation for seeing it this time and not knowing it was the last time!

The CMs lining Main Street waving with Mickey hands got a kick out of seeing DS with his own Mickey hands.

Our first stop in mind was Fantasyland, so we hooked a left around the side of the castle. We wanted to hit Peter Pan first so we could see the standby queue.

DS was showing off his Mickey hands moves while I went to park the stroller.

The best thing about riding Peter Pan at rope drop is definitely getting to see the standby queue but not having to wait 80+ minutes. The FP queue bypasses all of the nursery and interactive elements, so we don’t mind planning a rope drop ride on it at least once per trip so we can see the longer queue.

DS enjoyed seeing his shadow on the wall.

Continued in next post...

Last edited:

Day 4 Continued: Tuesday October 11th

In no time, we were boarding our pixie dusted pirate ship and taking off to Neverland!

I don’t know if it was the darkness, the movement, or the combination of both, but DD was not a fan! She cried the whole time and wanted to turn to face me in the seat.

After our flight over Neverland, we made our way over to Winnie the Pooh since that one gets busy quickly too.

While we were in line, I got on MDE and switched up our FPs. When they had extended the park hours, I had been able to snag early FPs for Mine Train for 8:30 or so. This was great because of course they had been all gone when we had gotten to our 30 day mark. But while in line, we realized that all 3 of us didn’t really need one since we could use rider swap, so I was able to change DH’s FP to Space Mountain so we could also get a rider swap for that to use later.

Different ride, same reaction. DD was not too crazy about the dark parts and wanted to face me and bury her face in my shirt. This was the first time a CM had ever said anything to me about how DD was positioned while on the ride, and as we turned the corner before the point where you exit, she stopped the ride and made me turn DD so that she was facing out before she would let our vehicle proceed to the exit platform. Strange! Thankfully we were not trapped in our honey pot for much longer and DD sat facing forward long enough for us to get out of the ride so we could head on to some mine train fun!

UP NEXT: Thrills & Spills

Last edited:
Love those early morning MK times! I think I'm the only person out there that was indifferent about the opening show - prob bc I usually prefer to be eating a breakfast at 8 for a 9 am opening lol. That is weird DD was not into the rides this morning, maybe just tired? They definitely go through phases though!

Love the usage of rider swap! It's so nice to be able to do that. Most of our upcoming June days we have at least 4 rides booked through the 3 FP using RS. I don't get the turning kiddos around, I'm sorry that happened esp when she was upset on the ride to begin with! :(

Similar to how we saw Wishes in July without knowing it would be our last time to see it, this was also the very last time we would see the opening show. I feel like we didn’t have enough appreciation for seeing it this time and not knowing it was the last time!
Well, at least you did get to see it and get some pictures, even if you didn't realize the finality of it.

The best thing about riding Peter Pan at rope drop is definitely getting to see the standby queue but not having to wait 80+ minutes.
::yes::

I don’t know if it was the darkness, the movement, or the combination of both, but DD was not a fan! She cried the whole time and wanted to turn to face me in the seat.
Oh no...

Different ride, same reaction. DD was not too crazy about the dark parts and wanted to face me and bury her face in my shirt. This was the first time a CM had ever said anything to me about how DD was positioned while on the ride, and as we turned the corner before the point where you exit, she stopped the ride and made me turn DD so that she was facing out before she would let our vehicle proceed to the exit platform. Strange!
We actually had this on this very ride on DD's first trip. DW was carrying her and she fell asleep. They made her turn DD around on her lap facing forward and wouldn't let her hold DD on her chest the way she was sleeping.

That's great you got to see the opening show one last time - even if you didn't know it was your last time at the time. Love the Mickey Hands and giving high fives to the CMs also with Mickey Hands on

Definitely the best time to hit up PP because the new queue is rather cool - but not worth waiting 80+ minutes for

This is a great picture you got (or, I assume DH got) - love how it captured Pooh's dream spirit leaving him

The whole "children must face forward things" - we got that on Little Mermaid - I think it has to do with the lap bar and how they are designed (where as, the Nemo ride doesn't have lap bars so it doesn't matter ... but definitely annoying when she is upset and just wants to face you/cuddle you and the CM is making you turn her around

Early morning for sure!

Love the pics of DS high fiving with his own Mickey hand!

I agree about making time to do Peter Pan standby at least once to see the fun queue!

Great pics from Peter Pan and Pooh! I'm sorry DD didn't enjoy either of them though!

Sorry to hear DD wasn't a fan of the dark rides. Hope that wasn't a trend that kept up throughout the rest of the trip.
That forward facing baby rule is annoying but seems to be consistent. I had it happen on Little Mermaid a few years ago. Phil made a good point that it's probably because of the lap bars. Either way...

Love those early morning MK times! I think I'm the only person out there that was indifferent about the opening show - prob bc I usually prefer to be eating a breakfast at 8 for a 9 am opening lol. That is weird DD was not into the rides this morning, maybe just tired? They definitely go through phases though!

Love the usage of rider swap! It's so nice to be able to do that. Most of our upcoming June days we have at least 4 rides booked through the 3 FP using RS. I don't get the turning kiddos around, I'm sorry that happened esp when she was upset on the ride to begin with! :(

Every trip we tried to plan one morning around the early breakfast, and one around the opening show. It was a highlight for us! I hear the music come up on my iPod sometimes and I still get choked up. lol I think it was a phase, because she did it a few more times at various times through the trip, at least that's what I'm hoping. I have my fingers crossed that Disneyland will be better.

Rider swap is actually more fun to use now that we mostly get to ride with DS instead of just DH and I taking turns. It's just not as fun riding by yourself! After them never telling me anything before, it was definitely bad timing when she was having such a fit about facing forward.

Well, at least you did get to see it and get some pictures, even if you didn't realize the finality of it.

::yes::

Oh no...

We actually had this on this very ride on DD's first trip. DW was carrying her and she fell asleep. They made her turn DD around on her lap facing forward and wouldn't let her hold DD on her chest the way she was sleeping.

Definitely true! I'm glad we didn't decide to put it off until the next trip or run late and miss it.

That's really a shame! Now that I think about past trips, I don't know if I ever took her on this ride in the carrier where she would have been facing me, so that could be why this was the first time anyone had ever said anything to me about how she was positioned.

That's great you got to see the opening show one last time - even if you didn't know it was your last time at the time. Love the Mickey Hands and giving high fives to the CMs also with Mickey Hands on

Definitely the best time to hit up PP because the new queue is rather cool - but not worth waiting 80+ minutes for

This is a great picture you got (or, I assume DH got) - love how it captured Pooh's dream spirit leaving him

The whole "children must face forward things" - we got that on Little Mermaid - I think it has to do with the lap bar and how they are designed (where as, the Nemo ride doesn't have lap bars so it doesn't matter ... but definitely annoying when she is upset and just wants to face you/cuddle you and the CM is making you turn her around

DS loves wearing his Mickey hands to the parks, and they were really the perfect accessory for an early morning in MK! The CMs got a kick out of his hands and enthusiasm.

I can't think of much in WDW that is worth and 80+ minute wait, but 2 minutes on Peter Pan definitely isn't one!!

He is so proud of that shot!! lol He tries to get it every time we ride.

It could be the lap bar, that would make sense. But I could swear I have brought her on that ride in the carrier facing in towards me and nothing was said. Could be the CMs are not consistent about it either.

Early morning for sure!

Love the pics of DS high fiving with his own Mickey hand!

I agree about making time to do Peter Pan standby at least once to see the fun queue!

Great pics from Peter Pan and Pooh! I'm sorry DD didn't enjoy either of them though!

He had a blast going down Main Street and giving the CMs high 5s!

The standby queue on Peter Pan is one of the best refurbs of a queue they have done. I love that they are trying to make those boring switchback queues more interesting.

Sorry to hear DD wasn't a fan of the dark rides. Hope that wasn't a trend that kept up throughout the rest of the trip.
That forward facing baby rule is annoying but seems to be consistent. I had it happen on Little Mermaid a few years ago. Phil made a good point that it's probably because of the lap bars. Either way...

She was definitely more fearful throughout this trip than she was on previous ones, and moreso than DS ever was at that age. I hope it was just a phase that has passed before we get to Disneyland next month.

I'm almost positive I've done Little Mermaid with her facing inward in the carrier, but I guess I could be wrong...all those trips from our year of APs are starting to run together. lol

Just caught up on the last couple updates. Love all that time you spent in World Showcase, getting all the Kidcot stops and some F&W booths! That chocolate thing looks delicious! (Also, add me to the non-beer-drinkers club. :thumbsup2)

Haha, seeing DD pulling out all the Duffys brings back memories of Izzy at that age (but pulling out all the Minnies). :rotfl:

I'm sad that the opening show went away before we ever managed to get Izzy to it. I always had these thoughts in my mind about how magical it would be to watch it with her, but between PPO ADRs and late arrivals, it just never happened. :sad2:

One of these days, I've got to see that Peter Pan queue too. I keep thinking maybe late at night or something, but I've only FP'ed it since they did up the queue.

Sorry that DD was having a rough time with the dark rides and that the CM made her re-adjust on top of that.

Good use of FP/RS/MDE, by the way. :thumbsup2

Just caught up on the last couple updates. Love all that time you spent in World Showcase, getting all the Kidcot stops and some F&W booths! That chocolate thing looks delicious! (Also, add me to the non-beer-drinkers club. :thumbsup2)

Haha, seeing DD pulling out all the Duffys brings back memories of Izzy at that age (but pulling out all the Minnies). :rotfl:

I'm sad that the opening show went away before we ever managed to get Izzy to it. I always had these thoughts in my mind about how magical it would be to watch it with her, but between PPO ADRs and late arrivals, it just never happened. :sad2:

One of these days, I've got to see that Peter Pan queue too. I keep thinking maybe late at night or something, but I've only FP'ed it since they did up the queue.

Sorry that DD was having a rough time with the dark rides and that the CM made her re-adjust on top of that.

Good use of FP/RS/MDE, by the way. :thumbsup2

We don't usually partake in Food & Wine, but decided this year was the year to give it a shot. Notice we went for entirely sweet options! lol Everything we tried was really good though!

Clearly a favorite pastime of many toddlers.

We had a bad run in there for a few trips where we just couldn't get it together to get there in time for the show. Bummer y'all missed out on it though. It's so easy to think things that have lasted so long will be there "next time." Wishes, for example! :sad:

Late night or rope drop is probably the best way to do it!

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Easter Sunday! We did our visiting yesterday, so we are home relaxing today and watching Moana, which DS got in his basket from the Easter Bunny. I'm going to post a quick little update, and hope that DH gets cracking on editing more photos so I don't get too far behind!

Day 4 Continued: Tuesday October 11th

So next we headed over to 7DMT for DS and I to use our FPs and get a rider swap for later.

October 2016 04-076
DD chilling in the stroller

DS and I had a great time! I don’t love this coaster and don’t think the hype around it is warranted, but DS absolutely loves it and it’s so enjoyable to him have such a blast riding it.

DS of course had a blast, and wanted to go again with DH right away, but we had to head over to Space so that DH could use his FP on time and we could pick up the rider swap. Rider swap in hand, DH went off on his ride and I took the kids on to the People Mover.

While DH was careening through space, the kids and I were taking a leisurely spin on the People Mover. DS did some People Mover surfing again on the way up to the platform.

Untitled

Untitled
DD was looking a little tired in the carrier
We had a nice cool ride around Tomorrowland, but the peace wasn’t long lived. On the way down the platform, I glanced at my phone to see if DH had called or texted, and when I looked down, DS was tumbling down the conveyor and hit the pavement at the bottom. I think he was trying to run down and lost his balance. Luckily he was okay, but he was hollering like a banshee and I couldn’t exactly run down to him with DD strapped to my chest. Once he was calmed down and we found DH, we went over to ride Buzz Lightyear.

As you can see in my ride photo, DD had gone to sleep while on the ride. So when we finished, it seemed like the perfect time for DH and DS to go use their 7DMT rider swap. I found a spot to sit in the shade with DD over by Storybook Treats while they rode.

While they had been riding and I had been resting, I had been able to move up our next two FP+ to use sooner so we could get out of the park at a decent time for a good nap before the party. Before heading over to use our next FP, we decided to stop at the Carrousel first since the wait was short.

October 2016 04-101
I guess this is the only pic from the ride??
We had already gotten a bunch accomplished, and we still had a couple more things we wanted to do before leaving to take a pre-MNSSHP nap.

UP NEXT:
Adventure Awaits

Last edited:
Looks like you were working you FP/Rider Swaps pretty good.

DS really does like 7DMT - i think it is a very good ride for what it is - a family coaster - but not a true E-ticket or anything (plus the seats are too small)

Love people mover in general but especially as an activity while one parent rides space mountain

Love the "surfing" picture but feel for you when he fell on the way down and not really anything you could do with DD strapped on

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I love your photos! Even your pictures from dark rides are excellent. You must love having these to look back on and remember your trip!

Yikes, sorry to hear about DS falling down the conveyor belt. I was just smiling over the surfing photo, then felt bad when I read the fun got away from him. Glad he got to go on 7DMT again and forget about the moment!

Looks like you were working you FP/Rider Swaps pretty good.

DS really does like 7DMT - i think it is a very good ride for what it is - a family coaster - but not a true E-ticket or anything (plus the seats are too small)

Love people mover in general but especially as an activity while one parent rides space mountain

Love the "surfing" picture but feel for you when he fell on the way down and not really anything you could do with DD strapped on

We have gotten pretty good at making the most of those two systems! I hope we can continue to repeat that success on our Disneyland trip.

I totally agree. Fun as a family coaster, but not something I'm hurrying to get on by myself because I just HAVE to ride, ya know?

The Peoplemover is always a great break, but like you said, even more perfect for a Space Mountain child swap! Great in every way, except for the post-surfing tumble. lol

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I love your photos! Even your pictures from dark rides are excellent. You must love having these to look back on and remember your trip!

Thanks so much!! DH really works hard to document our trip in photos, and spends a ton of time editing and perfecting them for me to use in my TRs! It's definitely a fantastic souvenir to bring home from all of our trips.

Sounds like a fun rest of the morning! Poor DS falling down the conveyor belt :( Glad he was ok!

Aside from the tumble down the belt, it was an awesome morning!!

Yikes, sorry to hear about DS falling down the conveyor belt. I was just smiling over the surfing photo, then felt bad when I read the fun got away from him. Glad he got to go on 7DMT again and forget about the moment!

It was not our finest moment in the parks, but we persevered! I just wished I could have done more to get to him and help him. I guess in Disney World, it's pretty easy to find a distraction to help him get over the fall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter