I'm going through withdrawal...one trip just became two!!

Thanks! My parents found it on sale and got it for me for Christmas one year. It was funny, I really just needed the big suitcase (well, they wanted theirs back!!) and then I kept opening the other pieces! I was surprised :)

So last night I had a dream where I forgot to take pictures of all the food I ate. I had a panic attack in my dream and had to go around taking pictures of other people's food.

...I think I have a problem :rotfl:

Hello fellow New Yorker (but non NYCer :thumbsup2)/migraine sufferer :sad1:/twenty-something! I read all your reviews and found we have so much in common!! Your reviews made me want to go to Disney right now!! Unfortunately, I have to wait until August 20th. I just wanted to drop in and let you know I can't wait until your trip report!! :woohoo:

-Valerie

81810_1_1

love it!

So last night I had a dream where I forgot to take pictures of all the food I ate. I had a panic attack in my dream and had to go around taking pictures of other people's food.

...I think I have a problem :rotfl:

Too funny!:rotfl2:

Hello fellow New Yorker (but non NYCer :thumbsup2)/migraine sufferer :sad1:/twenty-something! I read all your reviews and found we have so much in common!! Your reviews made me want to go to Disney right now!! Unfortunately, I have to wait until August 20th. I just wanted to drop in and let you know I can't wait until your trip report!! :woohoo:

-Valerie

:wave2: Go figure...I can't wait until my trip either! :goodvibes The good news is that I only have a month!! And then you can go and I can live vicariously through your report! :woohoo:

I concur!

Thanks to both of you!! :flower3:

Too funny!:rotfl2:

I told my boyfriend about it and he goes, "You do have a problem." :sad2:

We're watching Dinner: Impossible! on the Food Network right now. It's the Epcot Disney Dreamers episode and I got excited. He called me a Disney Geek. ::MinnieMo I fail to see how that is a problem either :confused3 Personally, I think it's neat to see the Disney kitchens and their food warehouses, etc. I also liked him running around in the beginning...I knew all the clues :idea:

:rolleyes1

...My boyfriend made the mistake of saying yesterday, "I'd like to do Food and Wine."

...I recounted my vacation days.

...I asked if he wanted to go for his birthday.

...He said "That might be fun."

...We had a 6 hour car ride back from Vermont.

...I knew I had a 40% code at home (if only I didn't throw it away...fear not, I didn't!)

...I had the trip planned by the time we came home.

...Minor changes when we looked things up, but as you can see from my ticker, all things are go. Just need to actually book now.

...Details to follow.

:rolleyes1

...Famous last words!!!

So to follow up on my last post a bit...

My boyfriend and I went to Vermont this past weekend to visit his family. Yesterday before getting in the car we had lunch with them and we were all talking about Epcot's F&W. Well, then he looked at me and said "You know, I'd like to go to Food and Wine Festival." :scratchin I started counting the days I had taken off versus the days I actually had stored up for use. Turns out I have more than I thought...like 5 extra days. Whoops! My bad. So then I says to him...well, how about your birthday? And an idea was formed in my little head and it all went downhill from there! :angel:

Of course he says this to me right before we get in the car...for a 6 hour drive home...you know what that does to an obsessive planner?! :scared: Poor guy listened to Disney talk for about 5 hours straight (hey...I cut him some slack! :rotfl:) The only problem with F&W is that it's right during my busy season. So there's the small problem of work :headache: Fortunately, I knew my schedule right around his birthday. I know I need to be back on Monday for work, so we need to return Sunday, no questions. So my standard Thursday-Sunday trip was born :yay: Our official dates were October 8-11.

...Then I got to thinking (this was during my 1 hour of quiet time... :goodvibes) MNSSHP is during October. I've never been...that would be loads of fun! :idea: We should totally go to MNSSHP. When I presented my brilliant idea, he wasn't too keen. :sad1: I said that was fine. He knew I was bummed, he asked more information...which I didn't have because we were in the middle of the Adirondacks and his IPhone had no service :sad2: so all I said was, I can see the villains and there's a special parade and there's special fireworks and candy. "That's it?" Oh. :sad1: "...Well, if you want too..." :yay: So when we were back in service I looked up price :headache: Drat. BUT! My not-so-Disney-loving boyfriend came up with a brilliant plan...which is really why I keep him around!!

Thursday 10/8 there's a party. We get MNSSHP tickets for this night. Since we get in this day and can get into the MK at 4pm, it should work well and we can do most of the MK this night :banana:

Only get a 2 day park hopper (I know, ridiculous) instead of the 4 day park hopper. It's about $70 difference, so it pays for the MNSSHP tickets. We do AK Friday morning, then hop to Epcot for F&W. HS on Saturday morning (his birthday) and get the Fastpass option again, then hop over to Epcot again to finish up F&W. Sunday we'll be leaving again so we can do a nice breakfast somewhere and DTD.

Then we started talking about resorts. We had settled on staying at CSR again (even though I'm staying in August) because he likes the look of it. Then I had the 40% off code and Pop was half the price. And if you look at our plans...well, we're never going to be in the room. So we decided on Pop. Well, I called and the code I have is for Passholders only. And I'm not renewing my pass :sad: Darnitall being honest :mad: But the room only rates haven't been released for that time. So I booked it at the regular rate and maybe we'll get lucky. It's still a decent rate for the room, so we're not totally upset.

Sooooooooo that's my story. :dance3:

Hello! I found your PTR from someone else's (can't remember whos right now!) I read your Feb. TR and just finished your PTR. I'm so jealous that you have gone to disney so many times this year!! You are too lucky!! It's cool that your brother is going on a trip with you, you'll have a lot of fun especially since he'll be able to drink now! :rotfl: You're plans all sound good for both trips!! I can't believe you just decided to take another trip! That darn boyfriend of yours! Haha, like you weren't looking for an excuse!! :lmao: Have you ever been to Pop? I'm staying there in August with my boyfriend and I've never been there before. Can't wait to hear more about your plans! Oh by the way I love the way you write, it's very personable!!

Congrats on booking your Oct trip! MNSSHP is the best event. :goodvibes We'll be there 10/2 -10/4 . :goodvibes

I'm so excited for MNSSHP! :cool1:

Last year my friend and I went during that same weekend, it was so empty! (Besides Epcot on Saturday!!) You'll love it! We did so much!

Hello! I found your PTR from someone else's (can't remember whos right now!) I read your Feb. TR and just finished your PTR. I'm so jealous that you have gone to disney so many times this year!! You are too lucky!! It's cool that your brother is going on a trip with you, you'll have a lot of fun especially since he'll be able to drink now! :rotfl: You're plans all sound good for both trips!! I can't believe you just decided to take another trip! That darn boyfriend of yours! Haha, like you weren't looking for an excuse!! :lmao: Have you ever been to Pop? I'm staying there in August with my boyfriend and I've never been there before. Can't wait to hear more about your plans! Oh by the way I love the way you write, it's very personable!!

:wave2: I don't think I'll ever have another year like this one! It's been great :goodvibes I think my boyfriend just learned his lesson though...he knows from now on to keep his mouth shut! :laughing: He'll come around yet!

Thanks for the compliment on my writing...I'll have to brag to my brother, he's the English major in the family!!

I haven't been to Pop before. When my friend and I went down last year for F&W we were going to stay at Pop and then along came the AP rates, so we upgraded to POFQ. It was only $15 more per night than what we were planning, so it was very doable. Plus, it had 2 sinks...and we were 2 girls, so that helped a lot! This time we're pretty set on Pop. Another friend of mine has stayed at Pop before and she likes it. And I've stayed at ASMu before, so I'm interested to see if I prefer the AS or Pop.

I just uploaded some pictures from our Vermont trip! I'll post them in a few minutes :goodvibes

For the 4th of July we headed up to see my boyfriend's family in Vermont. So while I count down the remaining month to Disney, here's some pictures to keep everyone occupied :goodvibes

This is Church Street in Burlington:
2032320130056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Me on Church Street in Burlington:
2304158590056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

We did the Ben & Jerry's Factory Tour...YUM!!!
2915951540056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

2582736720056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

This is why Vermont is called the Green Mountain State...
2096233100056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm very strong...
2470066060056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

2281722800056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

2804128980056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

2232575190056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

I took this one from the window of the car...shhhhh

Pretty view coming down the mountain:
2872696790056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Lake Champlain:
2925141290056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

2760730510056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Our stop on the way home :upsidedow
2250273560056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

You're very welcome. I do very much enjoy your writing! haha, yeah those boyfriends, but hey you got another trip because of him!! I'm excited to stay at Pop, it seems like such a fun resort! I love your pics of Vermont, very beautiful. That one on church street looks very familiar. My cousin used to live in Vermont and we visited her when I was younger so perhaps we were there! I'm not sure because like I said I was quite young and I just have some very vague memories. What makes me think I was def. there was seeing the Ben and Jerry pics, I think I was there!! Oh well I'll have to check with my parents!

It was the first time I was in Vermont since I was 3! :lmao: So we did all the touristy things. My boyfriend likes to refer to Church Street as "where hippies are born." :rotfl: It didn't look so bad to me!! I just liked being outside with my milkshake from Ben & Jerrys mmmmmmmm

So his birthday is over a holiday (Columbus Day.) And flights are ridiculously expensive. We decided to move our trip back a week. We can still do MNSSHP and F&W and all our other plans...and save $150 in airfare! :woohoo: Just not be there on his actual birthday. Bummer. But everything considered, we decided it was the best move.

So...new countdown!

Airfare is booked! :banana:

Now I have to call Disney and actually change our reservation...details...details...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter