I'm going through withdrawal...one trip just became two!!

onelilspark

DIS Veteran

Original Title: I'm going through withdrawal, I need a FIX and my AP is about to EXPIRE...the HORROR!

Hi, my name is Kelly and I'm a Disneyholic. :wave2:

DisneyWinter09004Large.jpg

Hey! Looks like I've come to the right place! :grouphug:

On August 9, 2008 I purchased an annual pass.
2583586470056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

I returned to the World for Food and Wine Festival:
2727602160056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

And the day after Christmas:
2860798860056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

And at the beginning of February:
DisneyTrip09_54.jpg

Oh yes, and for my birthday at the end of February:
DisneyWinter09005Large.jpg

Now after all these trips I didn't have anything planned. I had a bounceback trip booked for the end of September, but I knew I couldn't take it, it was just a matter of canceling it :sad1: I canceled it today, but only because I knew...

I'm going back baby!!!

*Ahem* The question now is just when. My withdrawal symptoms became so bad I was having vivid dreams about Walt Disney World...this is needed. I'm self-diagnosing.

I have it narrowed down to two sets. Either Saturday 8/1-Monday 8/3. (I know! SHORT! But my problem is obviously vacation time!) Or... over Father's Day, Saturday 6/20-Monday 6/22. My cousin, who's a teacher and Disneyholic might be able to join me for August, if she can, it'll be a go GO GO! If not, my Dad knows this "quaint little bed and breakfast about 40 minutes south of the parks." (i.e. my parent's place.)

Details to follow...

But umm...

party: I'm going to Disney World! party:

My cousin can't make it. Strike 1.

I'm sticking with my August dates, I was going over my calendar last night with the boyfriend and realized how much I have going on in June...it would just be too much. Besides, the whole reason for this trip is because that AP is burning a hole in my pocket. Give me another month and a half? Surely I'll find an excuse to go back! :lmao:

My younger brother has spent the semester abroad, he was supposed to work at a Boy Scout Camp this summer up in PA, but that might fall through (he hasn't heard anything and since he hasn't worked all year so far, he's getting frustrated!) So he might be working close to home, which means he'll already be in Florida in August. Since he's a FL resident, he gets the AP every year (the discount is ridiculous.) So if he's working close to home, he's joining me. If the camp thing works out, it depends when that's over. Details to follow...

In the meantime, I'll be booking the Coronado Springs for 1 (I can always add him later!) with the Quick Service plan and Magical Express! :dance3:

Subbing! Let the planning begin!!!

Woo hoo!!! Subbing and waiting for the planning to begin!:cool1::cool1:

:yay: I'm very excited for this trip.

It's official. I booked a standard room at CSR, the quick service plan, and my flight this morning! :woohoo:

My brother is very excited about it, he's turning 21 at the end of May, so he wants to drink beer in Epcot. :lmao: We'll just have to wait and see how the job situation pans out for him this summer. :scared: He also really wants to try Yak & Yeti counter service...I think I can make that happen (oh no...am I planning this trip around food too?! :eek: )

This is us in Epcot Oct '07. My Mom forgot to take the zoom off the camera :rotfl:

2434909170056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

As anyone who has read my Dining Report knows, I'm all about Disney food popcorn::

So far my brother wants to eat at Yak & Yeti, so that takes care of DAK, but what about the other parks? What are your favorite counter service places??

Mine include...Tangerine Cafe in Morocco, Sunshine Seasons in the Land, Casey's Corner at MK, and of course Germany...

There's no where from HS on that list :lmao: Where would you go there??

What country haven't you been to?:rotfl: Perhaps you could try a country's CS that you haven't been to before. Last time I was there I ate at the CS in Japan, it's called Yakitori House. They had this shrimp tempura udon soup that I really liked. They also have many different choices if you're not a seafood lover. For instance, there is a Japanes Curry that looks really good!:banana: As far as HS goes, my DH likes the Turkey Legs at the Toluca Legs Turkey Company. I'm not a fan, but they have a barbecued pulled pork sub that is pretty good. We've also eaten at the Studio Catering Company, which is back by Star Tours. It's really basic stuff, but not too bad, definitely not as bad as the ABC Commissary. MK is really hard because I usually don't do CS there. We have eaten at the Columbia Harbour House, which I love! You are limited to seafood, though. I haven't really eaten at any other CS in MK. Have you noticed how many sweet shops there are in MK? Places that serve Ice Cream, cookies and the like?? There are seven different places!!! I have this really cool program on my I-Touch called "WDW Dining". It gives you all the menus for all the parks, and DTD. I refer to this all the time and as I was browsing through it for suggestions for you, I noticed it.:lmao: It just goes to show you that they want you hopped up on sugar!:lmao::lmao::lmao: I hope this helps, feel free to ask opinions about other stuff, I'm full of them!:rotfl2:

P.S. You get to be my 200th post! I love the little milestones it life. . .

What country haven't you been to?:rotfl: Perhaps you could try a country's CS that you haven't been to before. Last time I was there I ate at the CS in Japan, it's called Yakitori House. They had this shrimp tempura udon soup that I really liked. They also have many different choices if you're not a seafood lover. For instance, there is a Japanes Curry that looks really good!:banana: As far as HS goes, my DH likes the Turkey Legs at the Toluca Legs Turkey Company. I'm not a fan, but they have a barbecued pulled pork sub that is pretty good. We've also eaten at the Studio Catering Company, which is back by Star Tours. It's really basic stuff, but not too bad, definitely not as bad as the ABC Commissary. MK is really hard because I usually don't do CS there. We have eaten at the Columbia Harbour House, which I love! You are limited to seafood, though. I haven't really eaten at any other CS in MK. Have you noticed how many sweet shops there are in MK? Places that serve Ice Cream, cookies and the like?? There are seven different places!!! I have this really cool program on my I-Touch called "WDW Dining". It gives you all the menus for all the parks, and DTD. I refer to this all the time and as I was browsing through it for suggestions for you, I noticed it.:lmao: It just goes to show you that they want you hopped up on sugar!:lmao::lmao::lmao: I hope this helps, feel free to ask opinions about other stuff, I'm full of them!:rotfl2:

P.S. You get to be my 200th post! I love the little milestones it life. . .

That BBQ Pork Sub sounds pretty good. I can't eat the Turkey Legs. Every time I do, I get a tummy ache :sick:

I've never tried Columbia Harbor House, I think I've been to all the other CS places, so I think I'll have to try that one this time!! :thumbsup2 Haha, I can't get over all the sweets at the MK! I love it!! :yay:

I just got myself an ITouch, I was looking at all the apps and I saw the Dining one. I almost downloaded it then I laughed at myself because I know almost all of them! Though my brother doesn't know them as well as I do, so it might be helpful...hmmm I might do it.

And :woohoo: on your 200th post! party:

I've been trying to decide where to request for the room and decided on the Cabanas. That entire section has been renovated and it's close to a bus stop if my brother can't join me :goodvibes I'm gonna throw this in here so it's easier to find later...
Coronado Springs Resort
Fax: (407) 939-1001

Oh, and I was thinking...perhaps someone knows this...for ME...they double check your pick up time when you get it from the airport right? Cause if my brother can join me, I might just have him meet me at the hotel...they live south of Disney, I have more faith in him getting there by 10:30am than getting all the way to the airport by 9:30am :lmao: But I might have him take me to the airport since ME tends to pick you up so early... So instead of calling Disney and going through all that, can I just tell them when I get on the bus to go to the hotel that I don't need it? :confused3

I wish I could help you with the ME. I've never used it since we always drive to my IL's first, then we all drive down together. Sometimes, I wish we'd just fly and meet them down there.:confused3

For .99, the WDW dining application is really worth it. It will update whenever you sync if there are updates, which means whenever Disney changes the menus, this app. will change, too! I've browsed more of them and there are really so many, probably more than need to be. I know most of them aren't worth it to me because I can get most of the information on the boards. I really hope your brother can go! It would be cool to spend some time with him in the parks since he's been gone in Europe during all the trips you've had to WDW in the past year.

I bought an AP last Friday and might be in the same boat as you right around this time next year. I just stayed at the Coronado last weekend. I was by myself and ended up in a room in Cabanas 8A. It was very close to a bus stop and not very far from either the Dig Site or quiet pools. The walk to the main building wasn't bad at all. Looking forward to reading more!

I wish I could help you with the ME. I've never used it since we always drive to my IL's first, then we all drive down together. Sometimes, I wish we'd just fly and meet them down there.:confused3

For .99, the WDW dining application is really worth it. It will update whenever you sync if there are updates, which means whenever Disney changes the menus, this app. will change, too! I've browsed more of them and there are really so many, probably more than need to be. I know most of them aren't worth it to me because I can get most of the information on the boards. I really hope your brother can go! It would be cool to spend some time with him in the parks since he's been gone in Europe during all the trips you've had to WDW in the past year.

That makes him sound so grown up, it breaks my heart. He'll be 21 in a week. A WEEK! :scared1: It's my little brother!! :sad2:

I'm gonna take your advice and download the dining app. I think it'll come in handy when we're actually in the parks, hmmm I'm hungry for X, where can I go? :goodvibes

I bought an AP last Friday and might be in the same boat as you right around this time next year. I just stayed at the Coronado last weekend. I was by myself and ended up in a room in Cabanas 8A. It was very close to a bus stop and not very far from either the Dig Site or quiet pools. The walk to the main building wasn't bad at all. Looking forward to reading more!

:yay: That's exactly where I want to be! Oh I can't wait! They had the new rooms, right? I really care most about the rooms :laughing:

The AP is so addicting! The AP rates came out, Disney sent me a few emails on the same day I looked at them...I'm weak. But I get one more trip out of it! :woohoo:

...off to ask my question about ME on the main boards!

Alright! Got my answer on ME, I can cancel it when I check in for my "going" ride, or at the hotel. :thumbsup2

UPS also stopped by and delivered this lil beauty:
gorillapod.jpg

Maybe I can take nighttime pictures now! :banana: I also got an extra camera battery since I take too many pictures and mine dies :lmao:

I'm going to Northern CA in a week (YAY! :yay:) so I'll give it a trial run out there. When I get back, my brother will know for sure if he can go! :woohoo:

Here's a better picture of my brother and I...this is from October 08!
2194724650056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

I lived in San Diego for 18 years and I never got to N. CA.:scared1: I'd like to get there someday. Are you going on business or just for fun? You'll definitely get some great shots with that!! I always love it when gifts come in the mail.:goodvibes

:yay: That's exactly where I want to be! Oh I can't wait! They had the new rooms, right? I really care most about the rooms :laughing:

The AP is so addicting! The AP rates came out, Disney sent me a few emails on the same day I looked at them...I'm weak. But I get one more trip out of it! :woohoo:
I cared most about the room too! My request was for a renovated room on an upper floor, preferably in Cabanas. It worked out perfectly! The new rooms are really attractive.

I'm excited to learn more about the AP discounts. That's part of how I justified buying it. I'm hoping I can get my money out of it. The hard part is convincing the boyfriend to go. He's never been and still is a bit dubious about the whole thing.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about your trip! :goodvibes

I lived in San Diego for 18 years and I never got to N. CA.:scared1: I'd like to get there someday. Are you going on business or just for fun? You'll definitely get some great shots with that!! I always love it when gifts come in the mail.:goodvibes

My Mom wanted to go, so she persuaded me that it would be a good time :goodvibes So I'm heading out with the whole family, little brother included! I'm heading to Chicago first actually. My boyfriend and I are leaving Friday night and spending the weekend with my best friend out there, then bright and early (I'm sure she loves me!) she's taking us to the airport, he's flying back home and I'm flying out west!

I cared most about the room too! My request was for a renovated room on an upper floor, preferably in Cabanas. It worked out perfectly! The new rooms are really attractive.

I'm excited to learn more about the AP discounts. That's part of how I justified buying it. I'm hoping I can get my money out of it. The hard part is convincing the boyfriend to go. He's never been and still is a bit dubious about the whole thing.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about your trip! :goodvibes

:rotfl: You sound like me! That would be exactly what I would request for my room! Upper floor so it's quiet please!!

When did you send in your request?

Love love the AP discounts, especially on the room! In October my friend and I were going to stay at Pop, but for only $15 more/night we could stay at POFQ with the AP discount! We did it! And then on this trip I'm saving 40% on the room and it's really the only reason I'm going :goodvibes Plus, since my parents live down there, there's the added bonus of free parking! I've used it enough for that where that $12 savings has come in handy.

As for getting your boyfriend to go...well, mine obviously isn't coming on this trip! So I guess I'm no help :laughing: I did get him to come with me for my birthday. We compromised though, instead of it being all Disney, all the time, we spent some time just being lazy at my parents. (Substitute being lazy at the pool if you don't have family there!) That seemed to be a good compromise. And if you have the AP, you can head into the parks for a few hours and leave him chillin' poolside :thumbsup2

:rotfl: You sound like me! That would be exactly what I would request for my room! Upper floor so it's quiet please!!

When did you send in your request?
Thanks for the hints on how to get my boyfriend to go. I faxed my request in on a Monday for a Friday check in. I hope your request works out as well as mine did.

Thanks! I hope so too!

Good luck wearing down the bf!

I'm working on tee shirts today to bring with me :) I'll take a picture and post later!

Sooo I decided to totally Disney Geek myself out for this trip and I made some tee shirts! I used this board: DISigns!

I made three for myself and two for my cousin and one for my friend!

These are all of them:
101_0598.jpg

The Phillies one is for my friend, the Chip & Dale one and the Steelers one is for my cousin, the other three are for ME!

These are mine:
101_0599.jpg

Surprisingly, I really like the way the blue one came out!! I can't wait to wear them! :dance3::dance3:

Sooo I decided to totally Disney Geek myself out for this trip and I made some tee shirts! I used this board: DISigns!

I made three for myself and two for my cousin and one for my friend!

These are all of them:
101_0598.jpg

The Phillies one is for my friend, the Chip & Dale one and the Steelers one is for my cousin, the other three are for ME!

These are mine:
101_0599.jpg

Surprisingly, I really like the way the blue one came out!! I can't wait to wear them! :dance3::dance3:

My sister is a HUGE Steelers fan, so I'm definitely going to get that shirt for her for when we go in November!! Do they have all the NFL teams? I'm going to go and check out the link right now, thanks for posting that!:thumbsup2 I hope you have a wonderful time in Chicago and and out west! I only have four and a half more days until our vacation at the Outer Banks!!!:cool1: Hopefully, the weather will cooperate, but right now, it's saying rain for four out of the seven days we are there!:scared1: I really want that to change!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter