I'm at VGF2 now! Ask me!

Ridiculous neighbors are a thing. My wife is from Long Island, so I say this with LOVE and ADMIRATION of that particular accent, but on recent trip, sitting on balcony, drinking coffee, thinking THIS IS LIVING, until neighbor started (and kept) saying loudly (at I’m assuming her husband) in a melodious LI accent “Why don’t the stupid giraffes ever come over HERE?” So many responses came to mind, but I remained silent, and folks this is example #525 why I pack noise-canceling headphones in my manbag (fine, Fanny pack) at all times (reason #215–swim meets…reason #357–my teenage daughters’ love of memes…) And also sleeping pills, they aren’t just for Grandma.

(So obviously, I was not in VGF…if that had happened there I would have been more concerned for my neighbor.)

Stayed in GF years ago and still cannot wait to go back, but now after reading this thread, I can almost wait.

I vaguely recall reading that soundproofing was an issue before the DVC conversion. Does anyone else recall what soundproofing was like before the conversion?
I have never stayed in Big Pine Key but we have stayed in Conch Key and Sugar Loaf and never had sound issues at all. I am really surprised at this report. If the OP was in a connecting room, yes those rooms can be noisy depending on your neighbors, which is why I don't like the layout of rooms at OKW as that door is near the bed of the studios.
When we travel we put bath towels between the doors and one at the hallway door.

Last edited:
We checked out July 3, stayed for two nights. We were in 9122. It was on the left when you entered the lobby, right by the elevators. A standard view studio, hearing accessible.

The elevator noise and noise of people in the lobby as they exited or entered the elevator were noticeable. I didn’t hear any talking from our neighbours (connecting studio) but oddly I did hear their iPhone alarm and the sound of the drawers opening and closing. I ran into them one day as we both left the room at the same time, nice family with a kid in a stroller, so would not have expected no talking.

Overall - my family loved the room. DD6 loves that she has her own queen sized bed, and all the different lights in the room (especially the reading lights). DH loves the decor (he commented to me twice how much he liked it and he was happy that it wasn’t as toned down as we thought the refurb would be). He even went as far as suggesting this be our new go to studio. 🤔 So, top marks from both. I asked them about the noise and neither cared. But I will be requesting not first floor, not right by elevator, and not accessible in the future. DD6 really likes the fact it’s right off the lobby and we don’t need to take the elevator. I’m not so crazy about people walking by our window all day and keeping the curtains drawn.

The room is definitely beautiful. The rug under the bed is a great touch. Lots of USB outlets including USB C. I don’t know what that is but DH happily told me this. We will be staying here again. Preferably after Boca Chica construction is complete. Would book this over VGF1 studios.

Some random thoughts:
- We kept milk in the beverage cooler, it was fine. Did not use the microwave but it was in the room and fits with other reports that it’s now standard. I think it was black, not stainless steel, but tbh I didn’t really look all that closely. It definitely wasn’t white. Did not request a toaster.
- We used the vanity table quite a lot. It was handy to drop off MagicBands, hats, sunscreen, put down food and drinks, etc.
- The location of BPK is great. A short walk to the leisure pool, main pool, kids splash area, Gaspy, main lobby, monorail.
- There is laundry in BPK, first floor, two washers and two dryers. A ton of people were using them on the morning of July 3. No MagicBand required to enter the room.
- If you have any issues you have to go to the main lobby (ie MagicBand can’t open door). The person sitting in the BPK lobby can’t help.
- No bell services at BPK but they’ll come by with the luggage cart if you ask them to.
- I thought one of the early photos showed GF slippers in the closet along with the bathrobes. No slippers for me though.
- Toiletries are in the tubes, not wall mounted.
- Not a single mosquito bite this trip. I was bitten quite a lot in March staying at VGF.
- We did not try out the sofa mattress to sleep on, but sitting on the couch was quite comfortable. DH did some work on the couch using the little round coffee table on Saturday. He also made some calls and did some work from the lobby. Decent set up, not particularly ergonomic.
- The hearing accessible room is the same as a non-accessible room, as far as I can tell, except that the alarms would be bright lights instead of a loud sound.
- Happy 4th of July! MK did the July 4th fireworks on July 3rd as well.

BE9880D5-32E5-4FA0-8C2B-ED2C3309D712.jpeg0533BA04-B41F-43E4-BBCE-67D9E81B1BD3.png

To be fair, I was probably a bad neighbor also on this trip. You can just hear everything through the connecting door. Drawers, coughing, phone alarms, ripping papers, toilet, zoom calls.

If I could hear they were on the phone about escrow, they could hear I was on the phone all day about taxes. I use headphones because I have a kid, but it wouldn’t be much difference. It’s not like anyone was yelling or being loud after drinking or anything. These were all just work calls.

I usually take noise complaints with a grain of salt, since most people think Poly is noisy and I've never had an issue there, but RoseGold's detailed description of her neighbor making a phone call and ripping up papers has me reconsidering.
I agree, noise is relative. I’ve never had any problems at Poly.

I agree, noise is relative. I’ve never had any problems at Poly.
I could hear the entire content of their conversation and the ripping papers. IMO Poly is better, you can just hear phone alarms and yelling, things above normal level.

If you had heard what I heard at Poly, you would consider it loud.

Your report is just what I imagined. Is why I will only be booking at VGF1. Thanks for your review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter