I'm at VGF2 now! Ask me!

All three views or just standard?
It’s not the view that matters, it’s the lobby noise. The doors have a ridiculous gap to the hallway. You can hear everything. I was on ground floor, but it might even be true higher up. The lobby is a big atrium, so the higher rooms might also hear it.

They did send the email to everyone this is happening so I guess we should all be expecting to see and hear jt.

But if it will ruin a trip, people should definitely move! We are there only one night in July so we can handle it
They did not send the email to everyone. I only knew of the email from mrsap’s post on the GF thread. No one in my party received an email about construction, nor was there a letter or note from management in our room about construction.

I got the email. It didn’t help much at 8:23 AM. I expected some work, like you know centering TVs and removing painter’s tape. I didn’t expect them to be ripping pieces off the building next door all day.

I’m still kind of stunned Disney thought it was OK to put me in that room during this level of construction. I hope for you, sleepless, that there’s no weekend construction.

It’s not the view that matters, it’s the lobby noise. The doors have a ridiculous gap to the hallway. You can hear everything. I was on ground floor, but it might even be true higher up. The lobby is a big atrium, so the higher rooms might also hear it.
Maybe try putting a rolled up towel by the door.

They did not send the email to everyone. I only knew of the email from mrsap’s post on the GF thread. No one in my party received an email about construction, nor was there a letter or note from management in our room about construction.

Wow, I got one for each of my trips booked there.…currently have 5 different stays through next March so I assumed everyone got them if They were sending for 2023.

I am sorry you weren’t notified.

I got the email. It didn’t help much at 8:23 AM. I expected some work, like you know centering TVs and removing painter’s tape. I didn’t expect them to be ripping pieces off the building next door all day.

I’m still kind of stunned Disney thought it was OK to put me in that room during this level of construction. I hope for you, sleepless, that there’s no weekend construction.
Thanks RoseGold. So far so good. I was woken “naturally” by my kid jumping on to my kidneys around 8:30am. Same as at home.

Wow, I got one for each of my trips booked there.…currently have 5 different stays through next March so I assumed everyone got them if They were sending for 2023.

I am sorry you weren’t notified.
No worries Sandisw - not your fault. Disney should be letting guests know.

I read these boards pretty religiously so I knew but other families were probably unpleasantly surprised.

The construction is continuing over the weekend but they may be doing “quiet” work. There were about 8 construction workers staring at Boca Chica around 9:30am.

The way Disney thinks the 6:50 AM construction noise as an alarm clock for all guests who forgot to set an alarm to wake up and start buying Lightning Lanes and Genie+ selections. They are doing you a favor. Noise fro gusts above only increased when they remove carpet from rooms as they renovate. It sounds like BPK was built skipping sound insulation. I understand it is near impossible to stop all sound, but if you can hear someone next door tearing up papers, that is very bad.

One of my fears about VGF2 has been the potential increase in popularity of VGF1 building. We alternate between Studios and 1br. We have a trip planned for a 1br in September.
Hope DVC gets their act together on this. We have always loved this resort since buying in 2014. The Villa building has always been so pleasant, love being close to the hotel and all the amenities. Haven't been to VGF in 2 years, so we are looking forward to September. Kind of excited about the new walkway and being able to stay till MK closes and avoid the long monorail or boat lines back to the resort. Don't plan on selling our VGF points, but they may end up being more SAP if the VGF1 building gets really difficult to book.

One of my fears about VGF2 has been the potential increase in popularity of VGF1 building. We alternate between Studios and 1br. We have a trip planned for a 1br in September.
Hope DVC gets their act together on this. We have always loved this resort since buying in 2014. The Villa building has always been so pleasant, love being close to the hotel and all the amenities. Haven't been to VGF in 2 years, so we are looking forward to September. Kind of excited about the new walkway and being able to stay till MK closes and avoid the long monorail or boat lines back to the resort. Don't plan on selling our VGF points, but they may end up being more SAP if the VGF1 building gets really difficult to book.

And if these studios have issues with noise then I do think the pressure some feared my happen.

And while connecting rooms is never guaranteed, and this was only one report, I’d that request isn’t as sure of a thing like it’s been at Poly then those thinking this is an alternative to 2 bedrooms won’t risk it.

And if these studios have issues with noise then I do think the pressure some feared my happen.

And while connecting rooms is never guaranteed, and this was only one report, I’d that request isn’t as sure of a thing like it’s been at Poly then those thinking this is an alternative to 2 bedrooms won’t risk it.
I really thought DVC should have lowered the points for Resort Studios, at least Standard View. Theme Park view is really high. Don't think this is fair to people who bought into VGF thinking the resort was balanced a certain way. At least with CCV and Polynesian when people bought in, the cabins and bungalows were already in the same association. We will need to wait and see, but if the original building becomes difficult to book, I think DVC needs to adjust the point chart downward on BPK.

I think DVC needs to adjust the point chart downward on BPK.
DVC screwed us VGF1 owners over with the VGF2 points charts. There's no way that a resort studio with the same views should have been the same number of points as a deluxe studio. Adjusting BPK's points chart downwards means that VGF1 points chart needs to go up.

I hope that's not the case. I don't know about all the legal mumbo jumbo, but they should lower BPK and leave VGF1 where it is.
DVC screwed us VGF1 owners over with the VGF2 points charts. There's no way that a resort studio with the same views should have been the same number of points as a deluxe studio. Adjusting BPK's points chart downwards means that VGF1 points chart needs to go up.

We are staying for our first ever DVC stay for 4 days from Sept 5th Standard view, would it be worth trying to get a lagoon view instead or do you think that construction will have moved out a bit further away?
There are currently 2 days avail so would need to waitlist the other 2.

Many thanks in advance for any advice, we are coming from the UK and VGF2 is our new home resort so was hoping not to have too many problems

I hope that's not the case. I don't know about all the legal mumbo jumbo, but they should lower BPK and leave VGF1 where it is.
The total number of points in a DVC resort association must remain constant. They cannot lower points charts somewhere within a resort without raising them someplace else within that resort otherwise it would create an imbalance whereby there are more owned points than there are actual rooms to book. They can make changes across "seasons" as long as the total number of points to book all rooms 365 days a year remains the same (with minor adjustments for leap years). It’s debatable as to whether they can make adjustments across booking categories but if they can, it would mean raising some points charts in other booking categories at VGF1 in order to lower the charts at VGF2.

The total number of points in a DVC resort association must remain constant. They cannot lower points charts somewhere within a resort without raising them someplace else within that resort otherwise it would create an imbalance whereby there are more owned points than there are actual rooms to book. They can make changes across "seasons" as long as the total number of points to book all rooms 365 days a year remains the same (with minor adjustments for leap years). It’s debatable as to whether they can make adjustments across booking categories but if they can, it would mean raising some points charts in other booking categories at VGF1 in order to lower the charts at VGF2.
I wouldn't mind seeing them sticking with 2022 chart for VGF1 and using 2023 for BPK.
ETA, maybe the 2021 chart I'm thinking about.

They have now declared all 202 rooms into VGF. That means, total points already assigned to them can not be reduced, without impacting VGF1. There are some who don't believe that a shift across the resort in the point charts can happen, if the base year units don't even out in the end. I am still on the fence with that one because all I can find in FL timeshare law discusses what can happen for sale, but is just not clear enough that it applies to use...at least not clear enough for me to be 100% convinced one way or the other.

They did it with the treehouses...and adding preferred/standard sections..at SSR...not saying that means anything in terms of legal/not legal..so precedent suggests that the we could see a shift across the resort...but many have pointed out that back then, there were not as many owners who were well versed in it all and they very well could face a challenge to it now, that didn't happen when they adjusted at SSR in those ways.

But, as VGF owners, we need to accept that with everything now declared, there is no way to lower anything without making adjustments elsewhere.

I agree, they should have made the resort studios lower than the deluxe studios to begin with. That would have solved the problem of too much pressure on deluxe studios, and those staying in resort studios would not feel like they lucked out. Kind of a mess to deal with now.

They have now declared all 202 rooms into VGF. That means, total points already assigned to them can not be reduced, without impacting VGF1. There are some who don't believe that a shift across the resort in the point charts can happen, if the base year units don't even out in the end. I am still on the fence with that one because all I can find in FL timeshare law discusses what can happen for sale, but is just not clear enough that it applies to use...at least not clear enough for me to be 100% convinced one way or the other.

They did it with the treehouses...and adding preferred/standard sections..at SSR...not saying that means anything in terms of legal/not legal..so precedent suggests that the we could see a shift across the resort...but many have pointed out that back then, there were not as many owners who were well versed in it all and they very well could face a challenge to it now, that didn't happen when they adjusted at SSR in those ways.

But, as VGF owners, we need to accept that with everything now declared, there is no way to lower anything without making adjustments elsewhere.
I think they should go back to the 2021 chart for VGF1 and use the new chart for BPK. I think the VGF1 Studio is 1 point higher in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter