I'm at VGF2 now! Ask me!

While I standby what I wrote earlier in terms of our good experience here, I don’t think vgf2 should have opened until they are finished with the building next to it. It would have given them time to finish the final items on vgf2 and would spare people the noise and view of construction.

Again, we’ve had a great time, but we travel in a group of 2 and have no kids, etc. VGF2 shouldn’t have opened for at least another month. We pay too much for our points (and others with cash) for this to be what Disney and DVC gives us.

I do think that they should have at least taken an extra week to go through and double check that everything was done and not rushed. But, this also...sorry to say...may help explain why the decision to just add this to VGF, and not make it an entirely new resort with restrictions was decided. It was just meant as a quick way to add something new to VGF to tied them over until they could get the Poly tower project ready.

Would you stay here again?
Yes, we are quite happy with it, but I would not book in the next few months. I'd want construction to be far away from the VGF2 building and honestly may not book it again until construction at Grand Floridian is done in general.

Would you stay here again?
Absolutely not with the current construction. I'd take SSR over staying there now. I guess we will see how future construction goes. Poly2 seems too far from the Poly DVC and VGF1 for it to matter to DVC. I bet they treat the cash/wedding pavilion guests very differently.

Assuming no constriction. I'm a pretty sound sleeper, I can handle a noisy room, which I would also count as Poly. And, to be fair, I did manage to sleep fine in that level of noise until the construction. I like the VGF2 layout better than Poly, but renovated Poly is really nice and I really like the TTC boat and monorail. These rooms are a lot of points to have so many issues, I would pick Poly, even if I actually needed to be at GF for a wedding or something.

I guess if these were the only thing available near a park, I might hold my nose and hope for a high floor and that the Poly waitlist fills.

I was looking forward to these rooms as my default choice going forward with the connecting rooms. Connecting rooms not filling honestly was a bigger problem to me than any of these other things, long term. I get that mistakes happen. But if Poly had messed that up, they have the inventory to be able to fix it. If connecting rooms is reliable in the future, maybe?

Last edited:

Just landed at MCO. Have been assigned a room on the first floor at BPK. Oh dear. Kind of want to see how bad it is, lol. It’s only for two nights so if construction noise is unbearable we will not be staying here until Boca Chica work is done.

Just landed at MCO. Have been assigned a room on the first floor at BPK. Oh dear. Kind of want to see how bad it is, lol. It’s only for two nights so if construction noise is unbearable we will not be staying here until Boca Chica work is done.
DO NOT DO IT. There is no prize for doing this. 6:50AM. Seriously. Don't do this. Complain at the main GF lobby where they actually give a fig about humans paying money. You see that building has all the exposed elements right now?

Unless you plan to be rope dropping and up that early, then maybe you don't care.

Edit to add: if the TV isn't centered, you are in my room, and, well, good luck.

Last edited:
DO NOT DO IT. There is no prize for doing this. 6:50AM. Seriously. Don't do this. Complain at the main GF lobby where they actually give a fig about humans paying money. You see that building has all the exposed elements right now?

Unless you plan to be rope dropping and up that early, then maybe you don't care.

Edit to add: if the TV isn't centered, you are in my room, and, well, good luck.
You know what, it doesn’t look centred to me. But!! It shows my name!! I’m easily impressed because it’s never shown my last name before. Only my husband’s.

I asked the family if they want to visit the main lobby and get a higher floor room, but was overruled. We will see. I may be in your room, lol, based on the TV. This is a hearing accessible one.

You know what, it doesn’t look centred to me. But!! It shows my name!! I’m easily impressed because it’s never shown my last name before. Only my husband’s.

I asked the family if they want to visit the main lobby and get a higher floor room, but was overruled. We will see. I may be in your room, lol, based on the TV. This is a hearing accessible one.
LOL. See you at 7AM! Dinglehoppers are LOUD.

Last edited:
We left Grand Floridian this morning and are on our way home. A couple of tidbits…..our first two or three days the construction noise was not terrible, I suspect this may have to do with not wanting it to be going on while “influencers” were there. After day three it grew noticeably louder.

Two days ago there were dueling lifts outside our window - one was starting the second staircase demolition next door and the other was simultaneously cutting a tree down. It was loud.

If it had been that was on the first part of the stay we would have asked to have been moved.

Overall we loved Grand Floridian (never stayed there before). The rooms were wonderfully designed. Construction was a nuisance and it will keep us from staying there again in the near future.

Also if you are on floor one and get assigned a room that is in the lobby then ask for a new room. I can’t imagine trying to be in the room with all the activity going on.

Also if you are on floor one and get assigned a room that is in the lobby then ask for a new room. I can’t imagine trying to be in the room with all the activity going on.
All three views or just standard?

All three views or just standard?
I wouldn’t want to be off the lobby with any of the views.

That does remind me, I was going to mention that if you have a lagoon view the construction noise should not be nearly as bad

When do you think construction would be done? We are staying there September 10 and 11.

Just a guess & it's based on the BPK rehab, but unless there are unexpected delays, they should at least be done with the Boca building "noisy" stuff by September. Wouldn't think the other buildings that will be done will have as big an impact on BPK building as the BOCA building does. YMMV.

Seriously, if you can see exposed construction you need to handle this now. This is not a drill.

They did send the email to everyone this is happening so I guess we should all be expecting to see and hear jt.

But if it will ruin a trip, people should definitely move! We are there only one night in July so we can handle it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter